Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Intro post

CloseEnoughToNormal January 4th, 2017

Hey everyone!

im new to the depression sub-community here. For most of my life I've had anxiety and was only this year diagnosed with depression.

A little about me personally, I am 24, I love dogs, I sometimes sing, I read a lot and Harry Potter is very important to me (Gryffindor pride). My career is being a stage manager, but like many other theatre professionals I have a day job. My username is actually a lyric from one of my favorite musicals, Next to Normal.

More on my mental health, I see a therapist once a week currently. I started seeing her back in September because I was extremely anxious and overwhelmed, as well as depressed. I was working a day job, a stage management job, and taking online graduate classes at the time. There were also a lot of family emergencies at the same time as this.

Now I am not so booked anymore. I dropped my online classes, I'm taking a break from theatre until April, and my family situation had calmed down but I feel like my depression is getting worse, not better. I cry a lot and I've been snippy towards my family and roommates. I dont ever feel like being social, but I also hate being alone with my thoughts.

Anyway, I'm really happy to be here with you guys and I'm sending you all my love and good vibes. I hope you're all doing well!

jr50 January 4th, 2017

@CloseEnoughToNormal. Welcome to the community , hope you can find the support you deserve here, I suffer from GAD and depression, along with chronic pain, I have short breaks from all that, where I feel like my old self, but 7 cups has a lot of amazing members and listeners who really care and and are helpful. Take care!

CloseEnoughToNormal OP January 4th, 2017

@jr50 thank you so much for the warm welcome! It's so lovely to meet you. 😊

jr50 January 7th, 2017

@CloseEnoughToNormal. Nice to meet you toosmiley

BridgetAileen January 7th, 2017

@CloseEnoughToNormal, it's nice to meet you! Although I'm very sorry that things got so overwhelming, I am glad to see that you've been taking care of yourself by slowing down the pace. I hope that you'll find as much benefit from being here in this sub-community as I have. It's been a very supportive and extremely helpful place. In general, I find 7 Cups to be very healing. I look forward to seeing you around. heart

TypicalGeekLovingCaffiene January 8th, 2017

Hey everyone!

im new to the depression sub-community here. For most of my life I've had anxiety and was only this year diagnosed with depression.

A little about me personally, I am 24, I love dogs, I sometimes sing, I read a lot and Harry Potter is very important to me (Gryffindor pride). My career is being a stage manager, but like many other theatre professionals I have a day job. My username is actually a lyric from one of my favorite musicals, Next to Normal.

More on my mental health, I see a therapist once a week currently. I started seeing her back in September because I was extremely anxious and overwhelmed, as well as depressed. I was working a day job, a stage management job, and taking online graduate classes at the time. There were also a lot of family emergencies at the same time as this.

Now I am not so booked anymore. I dropped my online classes, I'm taking a break from theatre until April, and my family situation had calmed down but I feel like my depression is getting worse, not better. I cry a lot and I've been snippy towards my family and roommates. I dont ever feel like being social, but I also hate being alone with my thoughts.

Anyway, I'm really happy to be here with you guys and I'm sending you all my love and good vibes. I hope you're all doing well!

Hey there @CloseEnoughToNormal!

Welcome to 7Cups! It's great to have new Members join our community. :)

It sounds like you enjoy reading, and watching musicals - as well as anything related to Theatre. Which I think is great. I enjoy reading personally as well. :P

I'm sorry about all that has been going on. To have to try and jumble between work, school, and family emergencies must've been really hard for you. I hope you find that seeing a Therapist is helpful. And remember, if your first therapist doesn't click with you, it may take several therapists before you find one who really clicks with you. So please don't give up.

Again, it's really great to have you join our amazing community. And I hope you find it helpful, alongside while seeing a Therapist. And good vibes - are always welcome haha. :D

Take care!

:)

Celaeno January 10th, 2017

Hi, @CloseEnoughToNormal! Welcome to our community ^^

*waves to you*

It's good to have you with us. We all know too well what it means to struggle with depression, so don't hesitate to connect and seek support. Getting through the days together makes it a bit easier.

Sending you best wishes!

QuietMuse February 1st, 2017

@CloseEnoughToNormal Hey there! I hope that you'll feel better and be able to overcome what you're facing, the 7cups community is filled with amazing people including youself that I'm very glad to meet! :)