Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

Giselemae March 2nd, 2016

I know im depressed, but this is the first time that i almost did it. I was crying starring at the scissors and saying to my self no, while scratching my wrist. Then i saw my wrist turned reddish and i stopped crying. I felt a bit calm. But Im scared now because i keep imagining stabbing myself, of cutting my wrist just to see blood

puddy March 6th, 2016

@Giselemae

I've been there and have found myself calling the Samaritans and other help lines.

They didn't give me advice or answers to my problems (nobody can) but just talking things out was helpful.

Please, if you are tempted to self harm - or worse - do consider reaching out to somebody supportive before you do anything.

Easier said than done I know so I don't want to sound trite or patronising.

northernChild March 2nd, 2016

I feel hopeless, like there's no future for me... I'm studying a pointless, worthless degree that will do me more harm than good on the job market. I have one year of studies left, after that, nothing.

March 2nd, 2016

I'm tired of everything, I'm not giving up but I'm just so tired of everything

Steppingstones123 March 3rd, 2016

Alone and tired

affectionateCranberry1597 March 6th, 2016

@Steppingstones123 I feel the same way

PanicAtTheDiscount March 4th, 2016

I feel disgusting, I feel useless. I feel as if there is nothing left for me. I'm so tired of everything and just fighting everyday.

funnyMango399 March 4th, 2016

@PanicAtTheDiscount

youre not alone babe, in case it helps you.

i could've written exactly the same, I'm just so exhausted, I wish I could sleep

Michellelohman March 5th, 2016

@funnyMango399

Me too! I just wanna sleep life away til I die

Mom2blackbear March 6th, 2016

@Michellelohman

I feel EXACTLY THE SAME, I just want to sleep. Im overwhelmed.

WonderfulSunshine45 March 5th, 2016

@PanicAtTheDiscount If you ever need to talk, you can message me or reach out to other listeners.

Renny926 March 4th, 2016

I feel..... Numb.

Blueshark123 March 4th, 2016

@Renny926 i know that feeling is like you don't feel any emotion about anything and makes you wonder if you're still human

EmLovely March 5th, 2016

I feel Disappointed in myself, Angry at myself. I feel selfish.

Treacle March 5th, 2016

I feel like all my energy is going into getting through each day and then doing it all over again. I'm being told to keep going and eventually everything will be ok but I don't know how much energy I have left in me

pluto1 March 6th, 2016

Stressed to the core.

Cloudydragon March 7th, 2016

@pluto1

Same... But something's telling me good things will come. We just have to be patient. And if you ever need to rest, it's ok. You deserve to rest.

Sad, anxious because I know im taking my son home to my ex tonight and i never know when i will see him again. It hurts, i miss my son, how he sounds/smells/feels when I hug him...i KNOW i made the right choice in the divorce but WHY DOES IT HAVE TO HURT SO BAD????

Livvie450 March 6th, 2016

@Mom2blackbear I am in the same boat. My son is the only reason I feel I haven't done something stupid sometimes. But just think about when you get him back. All the hugs and kisses you get to give him because you missed him so much. Try and stay positive.

@Livvie450

It makes me happy and sad to know you can relate. I wish no one knew this pain but im not foolish enough to think im alone. I wish I knew how to feel value when my son isnt here. I worked hard to get pregnant, to have him and endured so much with his father...i feel ilet him down--i should've been strong enough tobtske the abuse for him.

Sorry to babble...im going to be a mess at 10pm after i get home from dropping him off 1/2 way between our homes...

Id love to talk sometime and maybe we can support each other...

Thank you.

toughWater2649 March 6th, 2016

I feel lonely. Helpless. Out of power

puddy March 6th, 2016

Worthless.

Guilty.

Afraid.

Lonely.

Hopeless.

Fake.

Hollow.

Sick.

Cloudydragon March 7th, 2016

@puddy

Can I join you? I feel the same, but maybe this way we will feel less lonely.

braincheese March 7th, 2016

Today I feel inordinately sad, anxious, scared, exhausted, angry with myself, and like I need to escape.

Daisy1977 March 7th, 2016

Done. Done with everything. And wishing a bus or train or something would run me over and put me out of my misery.... except with my terrible luck it wouldn't kill me, just injure me really bad.

Ahro March 7th, 2016

@Daisy1977, I'm so sorry that you feel like that, and I'm sure you've heard this so many times but the reality is that things get better. Life is a jerk but we can't let that bring us down, and while at times people feel like giving up, that should never be the best option. Stay strong, and try to find hope and happiness. Everyone deserves that

Daisy1977 March 7th, 2016

@Ahro

It doesn't get better. Ever. I wish it did.

Lovelynote March 7th, 2016

I feel like a disappointment.

Ahro March 7th, 2016

@Lovelynote, I'm sorry you feel that way, and I hope you can begin to feel better soon. You aren't a disappointment to me, even if I'm a stranger. You took the time to get onto this app and try to feel better and share how you are feeling with others, and that takes a lot of strength and courage. So you aren't a disappointment, at least you aren't to me.

EliotDays March 7th, 2016

In all honesty, today went very well.

Ahro March 7th, 2016

I feel overwhelmed. My mind keeps telling me all of these things I don't want to hear and my family wants me to be around them all the time and I just feel like I'm drowning. I don't know where to go to for help, so I came here, to this app. It's been helpful, and I'm trying to be positive, but it's... difficult to say the least.

LendingFriend720 March 7th, 2016

I'm on the road to recovery

xScarlet March 7th, 2016

Really thought I was doing okay for a while, but maybe that was just me not acknowledging my feelings. Now I'm a complete mess in every way, screaming for a way out. Every day has been a struggle to get out of bed, and if I didn't have obligations like school and work, I wouldn't get out of bed. I don't know, I feel like it's another bottle of alcohol that will save me from this pain tonight...

fearlessLemon1054 March 7th, 2016

feeling like life isn't as good without him around.

March 7th, 2016

I haven't dealt with any of my problems which have been building up for years now, I've isolated myself , it's really hard to get ahold of me so I talk to no one and my thoughts are dark most the time .

fairmindedTangerine8216 March 7th, 2016

That I'm unloved and unwanted. I know I'm a nice guy but just everyone has hurt me and made me feel worthless and pathetic. Even though I have overcome sexual abuse it's just now my parents make me feel unwanted and that they're just trying to control me and keep me lonely and unwanted by anyone

LexieTee March 8th, 2016

Lonely.

Michelle13 March 8th, 2016

Idk. I feel like I kinda just want everything to be over. I have my boyfriend who is always there for me and I love him to death but I'm already failing 2-3 classes and since they're honors I'll be kicked out. I just don't see the point anymore. I know things will get better but then they'll get worse again. (Bipolar Depression)

PriscillaJay March 9th, 2016

@Michelle13 we should never live in fear or think about the tomorrow because truthfully it's not promised live for today and enjoy today God made this day for you ❤️ Don't live in a lie you are worth it and you'll pass you're classes if you try you're hardest. Cherish you're boyfriend everyday

lilprinxess March 9th, 2016

Emotionally Exhausted