Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

haylee04 March 11th, 2015

i feel completely worthless. no one understands. no one gets it. no one sees me breaking and breaking. the worst part is even if they did see it they wouldnt give a sh*t

SlowlyCrazed88 March 11th, 2015

I was numb up until a few hours ago. Someone made me feel something. It brought back all the emotions I've been trying to conceal. Now I'm in tears and I can't deal with them. The reasons why I cry hit me so hard. .My body feels as weak as my mind does. . One more day of this and it's all over..

MayMarie28 March 11th, 2015

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of my friend's passing. My depression has been very bad recently. I feel as if my boyfriend is tired of dealing with it, along with my family. He gets very frustrated with me, and himself. He feels as thought he cannot help me. My family doesn't even try to help me. They ask me when I am going to snap out of it, when I tell them how I feel it starts an argument. They assumethat because I have a roof over my head, I have no reason to be depressed. I feel very unwanted and lost today. I feel as if nothing will get better at this point. I used to be such a good student and recently I haven't been able to do anything right. Depression is taking over my entire life. This app is my last hope. I do not know what else to do.

emotionalBlackberry2568 March 11th, 2015

I feel completely worthless and like I don't matter, even when I'm with people make me happy, I still fell like they don't care about me.

Paisley123 March 11th, 2015

I know exactly what this feels like. I've been having that feeling for about a year now so I moved away. I had the feeling yesterday tho and couldn't stop crying all day. It's hard but try to keep in your mind positive thoughts. Set a target a day of saying 'today is going to be a good day' and at the end of the day it is then fantastic!! At the end if u feel it isn't just say 'I have tried today. Let's keep this up'. Everybody is important my friend. Keep Ur head up x

BurningAGENT March 11th, 2015

I feel like I'm still not genuine. I am not authentic because my mind likes living under the shadows of the light. I just need to keep pushing my mind in the right direction to finally prove that the there is nothing wrong with the real me.

LovePom March 11th, 2015

Lonely and tired. I hate crying every night...

dasadil March 11th, 2015

I feel displaced and hurt. I feel like a ghost and that no one sees me or when they do, they don't understand me. I wanted to cry multiple times today and I eventually did.

forcefulNickel9294 March 11th, 2015

I have so much pressure to live up too my brother graduated with a law degree andmy sister is graduating with a surgical nursing degree...and I have dropped out of university last year because of my anxiety, I didn't know what was wrong with me until I spoke to my friends...I'm now in another uni and it was all going well until I started feeling anxious and shaky, I keep avoiding situations and homework because I can't seem to get out of my room...if I was living at home it would have been easier because I'd have my mum or sister or brother telling me to get up for uni but I live in student accommodation in a different city to them so I stay at home and when it hit 10am when my lecture starts and I'm dressed and ready but not going because ofmy worries offailingand not being competent i become sweaty and unbeaten got anxious and start pacing up and down my room breathing in and out....I start getting angry and upset that I am this way. Ihave always been dedicated and loved my course but now that things are happening for me to get my dream job I have anxiety! I hate it, it's stopping me from achieving great things like my siblings have.

I hate feeling worthless I feel like I have no one to talk too...I don't want to fail in life I just want to make my family proud but I don't know what's wrong with me I can't seem to fix me.

Findmyway55 March 11th, 2015

Sounds like you are comparing yourself to your siblings and it is causing you this anxiety. I know the feeling as I went through the same thing. I finally realized I'm my own person and have my own unique traits and talents. Your folks will love you and be proud of you no matter what you choose to do with your life. You have a uniqueness that is reserved for you and should pursue what gives you passion. If you do, you will be a tremendous success! I went to a counselor to work out these deep seeded feelings and its sohelpful to get it out and learn how to deal with these horrible anxious feelings that freeze you in place. You are not alone, anxiety is a brain trick....brain tells you lies. You are strong, you just don't believe it now. Can you find a counselor to open up to? Once you release these feelings you will get the confidence to move forward. Been there, done that.....and proud of who I am like I'm proud of my brothers and sisters who followed their own paths. Praying you find your way and realize you are a beautifully unique person and can walk with confidence!

Jax123 March 21st, 2015

I feel the exact same way

HairLikeARainbow March 11th, 2015

I feel hopeless. I feel irritable, I hate that, everyone seems to think I'm just a mean person, but I was really lovely before this depression, bouncy and happy. When I see people like that it makes me think they're idiots for believing in what the world parades as happiness; why am I so sour? It's a very unattractive aspect of my depression. People cansympathisewith the sad girl who looks at her shoes, but nobody wants to help thepessimisticb***h who can't manage conversations.

mistpete75 March 11th, 2015

Lonely, frustrated. As if dealing with ptsd and major depression hasn't been enough to handle, I had been out on workmans comp since oct. I was forced back to work, obviously to early. I ended up in the emergency room last nite. Back out of work again. So frustrated right now. Does it ever end?!?!

Spring830 March 11th, 2015

I am the oldest child in this family I am in right now and I have so much freaking pressure. I feel like I am carryingthe weight if the world on my shoulders and someone is pushing down to make it even harder. I don't know how to do what makes me happy. I have always done everything for everyone else. The job I am working towards, I am in band, I dress a specific way, I go to a church I don't like, and I don't even eat what I want to. My life is just a mixture of what everyone I have ever known's thoughts about who I should be. I need to turn this around and I need help.

I am the oldest child in this family I am in right now and I have so much freaking pressure. I feel like I am carryingthe weight if the world on my shoulders and someone is pushing down to make it even harder. I don't know how to do what makes me happy. I have always done everything for everyone else. The job I am working towards, I am in band, I dress a specific way, I go to a church I don't like, and I don't even eat what I want to. My life is just a mixture of what everyone I have ever known's thoughts about who I should be. I need to turn this around and I need help.

Sorry dont know why it posted twice

easyPrune330 March 11th, 2015

I feel like I see something that I've been avoiding for a while. I am alone, and all the work I do and all the money I earn cannot erase that fact. It can only help me forget about it, for a while.

Love your family and your friends, while you still have them. Nothing means more

Thats true, nothing is more valublethan love, family and friends!

Valuable*

Auriane March 11th, 2015

I feel sobored line ive seen everythkngand liveda thousand lives im exhausted from my own brain askingand asking everything i see and the war it desesparatly tries to create in my head so I feel alive. Not Alive, but alive. Desesperate survival reflex.

tallShade5419 March 11th, 2015

Wonderful

annjaf March 11th, 2015

I've been feeling depressed because I've been out of work full time since 2007. I?ve been working as an event assistant for the past eight years at the tradeshow, conventions, and events in San Francisco, CA. In addition to event assistant, I have 15 years of warehouse, retail inventory, and office experiences. I want to learn and grow in the event industry.

My character stands:

Excellent communication & Strong interpersonal

Creative and Ambitious

Well organized and a Team Player

Outstanding work ethics and Punctual

Areas of Expertise

Clerical ? spreadsheets-reports, accounts payables-receivables-filing-mailroom-Microsoft Office- Computerized accounting

Retail/Warehouse ? inventory- restocking-record price-packaging-assembly-sales floor assistant-sorter

Events/Customer Service ? room monitor-greeter-directional-registration- brand ambassador-usher Mic runner-ticket taker

In addition to being depressed, I'm tired of living at home,and having pain that travels to my ear from my head and eyes, especially on the right side. I had an EEG test, and next week I'm going to get and MRI. I'mgratefulthat I've have a place to stay but, living with your mother can come with very stressful cost. If you have somesuggestions, or advice please feel free to share them.

Thank You!

Spring830 March 12th, 2015

Is that like your resume? Or whatever to get a job?

alicedanslalune March 11th, 2015

I think this is the lowest of my depression in years... I spent all day actively trying not to cry, because I didn't want to give in and for other people to worry about me, especially at work. I scheduled an emergency appointment with my therapist and another one with my psychiatrist (I'm thinking he'll probably want to increase my meds), but I'm worried about how I'll get through the night and the next few days, having to go to work and such. I just feel like dying most of the time.

helpandadvice March 11th, 2015

I'm exhausted, dull, just want the ground to swollen me up. It is always one step forward 10 leaps back :(

Amls March 11th, 2015

I feel awful. I had to leave school early saying i was sick (i have a cold) just so i can crawl into bed, watch netflix, and try to keep myself from crying. I think i sat on my bed for like an hour actually thinking of way to commit suicide. But then after i realized that I shouldn't but now im just going back and forth between the two. So how am i feeling today. Miserable and. I dont even know any other words to describe it.

I'm sorry you feel this way, I know how it is... But remember that things change in time, and you won't feel this way forever, even though it might seem like it.

Rest all you want, but then try to go out and do something.

I'm sorry you feel this way, I know how it is... But remember that things change in time, and you won't feel this way forever, even though it might seem like it.

HoneyKittens March 12th, 2015

I feel kind of confused because my psychiatrist took me off my Wellbutrinand put me on Prozac. I've heard both really good things and really bad things, so even though I got the prescription filled today, I'm really hesitant about taking the medication. My psychiatrist said we could just try it and see if it works. If it doesn't I might be put on mood stabilizers instead. I don't want to take any pills at all anymore. I want my happiness to be something I create on my own, not something I swallow every morning.

flowsINYou March 12th, 2015

I feel a bit annoyed and upset tbh

SadAmy85 March 12th, 2015

I don't think I can do this anymore. Not matter how I fight, I can't see a way out

convivialYard4345 March 12th, 2015

Best thing to on these days is stop fighting, slow down and give yourself a break. We fight so hard everyday that we forget it's ok sometimes to take day off. Let yourself know it will not fall apart if you do not fight so hard today. And amazingly enough, tomorrow will come. Tomorrow usually looks a little different after you give yourself a little break.

forcefulNickel9294 March 13th, 2015

I know it's hard but you can't just give up, everyone has strength within them...find yourhappy again

purplePear1228 March 14th, 2015

Hi, I understand the feeling. I wish I could go with you, but there is a way out. I promise you there is one. I don't know where or how, but it is there. Resist. :)

musiclover1127 March 15th, 2015

Don't give up! I'm here for you