Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

amiableLake447 March 8th, 2015

I feel like I wanna turn it all off. Just crawl under a table in the dark with no one around to see or hear me curled up under there and just stop feeling anything until it all hits and I have a good cry then when I realize I'm crying so hard that's when I dust my self off and get out simply because I should be stronger than that and now that it's out of my system I can take on whatever shit is currently going on in my life.

Cole102201 March 8th, 2015

Today... Feeling a little down but more anxious than anything... Still trying to cope of a loss of a teacher who passed away a few days ago. She was a hero to me... Trying to keep my head up... Just wish it was easier sometimes

tallShade5419 March 8th, 2015

Wonderful:)

independentBalloon1217 March 8th, 2015

My name is Taylor, I am 20 years old and I have depression. I am not crazy, and it is not my fault. I can not excuse you for leaving me alone in this time of need. Would you leave me if I had cancer? If I was paralyzed? Then why would you leave me now?

DEPRESSION IS A CHRONIC ILLNESS. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

LovePom March 8th, 2015

Ignored, Annoyed and Tired

emotionalPeach92 March 8th, 2015

I went from being the most sociable person ever to literally not leaving the house unless I have to. I somehow still have a boyfriend, god only knows how. I feel so ugly and disgusting - then I feel weak for letting the way I look stop me from living. It just cuts deeper than that- depression is hating yourself for feeling this way but not knowing how to stop it.

aquaPear70 March 8th, 2015

I felt really great today and amazing but then after my OCD kicked in and back to miserable and depressed with all these crazy roller coaster non stop thoughts . Etc. Hate my life :'( ...

tidyCup5359 March 8th, 2015

Does anyone know any coping mechanisms my anxiety is getting worse and I need something else to do besides scratch and bite my self..😔

Bexicle March 8th, 2015

@tidyCup5359 Have you seen this resource?

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/PDF/Self-Harm%20Distractions%20and%20Alternatives%20FINAL.pdf

I hope it helps.

TheMusicalViolinist March 10th, 2015

I used this! Thank you! :)

Bexicle March 10th, 2015

Glad it was useful :)

4trying March 8th, 2015

I felt okay while I was out, but coming home akways dims my mood. I feel very unmotivated and that doesn't coincide well with my heaps of homework. On top of that, my lack of motivation results in me being angry at myself and feeling triggered. Any tips? It's a vicious cycle.

geo21 March 9th, 2015

Im the exact same way and it just gets worse as I fall farther and farther behind.

PainedNative March 9th, 2015

I've been much better but recently things have gone downhill to familiar tendencies that I don't want to relive. I'm pushing away my partner because I'm scared to love, my friends, family, I don't know how to deal with emotions well currently. I don't know what to do.

alivebutnotevenbreathing March 9th, 2015

I don'twant to live anymore.

ThatHiddenGirl March 9th, 2015

Miserable...

NBD March 9th, 2015

I feel trapped. Ive been off generic wellbutrin for about a month and a half and felt fine aside from feeling derealized/not tethered to my body. I startes taking name brand wellbutrin per suggestion of my pdoc and it made me worry and cry and seems to be plunging me back into the depression that I had already basically beat. I hate this.

plumCity78 March 9th, 2015

I used to live with my boyfriend, I moved out due to our problems getting worse instead of better. That was about a month and a half ago. My mom just called me. She's mad because it's midnight and I'm not home. She said it's not right. She told me that if I want to keep being out late I might as well move back out or I stop. I'm physically with my bf right now. I told her I'm moving back in then and tomorrow I'll pick up my stuff. This is the third time I have moved out of my parents house. I'm scared to see things get bad between my bf and I again and I don't want to move back in with my parents for a third time.

unassumingDime7831 March 9th, 2015

Very depress.

emotionalStrings7991 March 9th, 2015

A disappointment to my mom.

emotionalStrings7991 March 9th, 2015

life would probably will be better off without me

SlowlyCrazed88 March 10th, 2015

I feel the same way. .

Freespirit16 March 10th, 2015

You both know that is not true:)

LemonTreeOfLife March 9th, 2015

Today I feel OK. Don't know why Monday's are better days for me!

Lesley152 March 9th, 2015

My gall stone is flaring like it was on fire so I'm stuck at home. My bf called asking for money and told I can't. So he said oh when you feel better. Not I hope you feel better soon. Or is there anything I can do.

TooHardToCope March 10th, 2015

I feel blah....yet again.

practicalDime4375 March 10th, 2015

Like i am waiting for the other shoe to drop

LovePom March 10th, 2015

Anxious, mad, scared, andhopeless.I'm tired of all of this.

sensitiveWater9714 March 10th, 2015

I feel like absolutely no one would care if I went to sleep and never woke up.

Rara800 March 10th, 2015

People care I promise! More people care than you think! Do what you love and make friends and be happy. Your life can be whatever you would like it to be. Your the painter of your masterpiece and no one can tell you it's wrong

TheMusicalViolinist March 10th, 2015

I wish I can be the person I pretend to be.... :(

armyguy March 10th, 2015

I feel lonely, sad, useless, with a hint of hope

PurpleLychee March 10th, 2015

I feel exhausted, stressed, scared, lonely, anxious, not good enough, stupid, lazy. Not a good time for me ha

shoshoxxx March 10th, 2015

I feel content I guess. But I'm still upset about thr fact that my only source of comfort has gone and now I have no shoulder to rely on. sucks to feel lonely

Today I feel like a nervous wreck. Today I'm telling my friend I relapsed and I have idea how she'll take it

Today I feel like a nervous wreck. Today I'm telling my friend I relapsed and I have idea how she'll take it

diplomaticShade2167 March 10th, 2015

Feeling stressed out & anxious.. Hate the feeling it gives me & the out of control thoughts..

Paisley123 March 10th, 2015

I can't get positive at all today. There's what I want to do which is apply for jobs as I've not long moved to liverpool. But I just feel like such a letdown and an embarrassment. I looked in the mirror today and just thought 'what's the point' it's quite a crushing day today. I just feel like crying but the tears won't come.

mberchromatic March 10th, 2015

I doubled up on my meds last night so I could feel normal today. I feel tired and it's hard to motivate myself, but I guess I'd rather feel like this than extremely on edge all the time. I want to be excited for today and I hope I can be once I get to campus.

hotwings87 March 11th, 2015

I actually feel very guilty and worthless today. My pet bearded dragon, my best friend for 4 years, passed away in her sleep last night and I can't figure out why. I feel like it's my fault.