Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

depression slumps

sunshine0814 September 23rd, 2023

hi all i hope life is treating you well! i am currently struggling with a depression slump :( i call it my depression cave. most times it last a few weeks which is scary long. it starts when i start to feel down or something happens. i struggle to get our of it and thats why they last so long. usually when im in my depression cave i sleep and sulk. does this happen to anyone else? it is so hard on my body and my mind but it also is so nice not to deal with the world and stay in bed and sleep all day for weeks. i don't have very many friends which is hard but im always looking for new ones! im a really interesting and fun person to get to know even though most of my life is in my bed. if you have any advice or have something for my situation or even just want to be my friend please pm

i hope yall have a good night ❤

ViewScenic09 September 23rd, 2023

Hi how are you?

sunshine0814 OP September 23rd, 2023

@ViewScenic09 im not doing great. how are you?

ViewScenic09 September 23rd, 2023

I'm ok. If you want to talk you can pm me.

sunshine0814 OP September 23rd, 2023

@ViewScenic09 thank you

bestVase7265 September 24th, 2023

I am so sorry that you are feeling that way. That definitely happens to a lot of us. You aren't alone.

Getting out of the cave starts with physically caring for yourself. How are you doing on eating and drinking liquids?@sunshine0814

sunshine0814 OP September 27th, 2023

@bestVase7265 definitely not well at all i guess that is a really good point. i think i get so down i forget that i need to take care of myself. it is still going on which is scary and now that you say something i guess i am starving lol

bestVase7265 September 28th, 2023

This gives you a good starting point. Make it all that you worry about in the next week - eating and drinking water. Don't let your brain tell you that it is unimportant.

You can rebuild yourself one skill at a time. @sunshine0814

mags1311 September 28th, 2023

@bestVase7265 how do you know this kind of stuff? i feel like when i get down i lose all sense of being a clean/healthy person

sunshine0814 OP September 28th, 2023

@mags1311 yeah thats how i get too

bestVase7265 September 29th, 2023

I know this stuff because I have been there and my brain has done the same stuff to me. You lose all sense of focus and your brain tells you you don't have the energy to shower. But as soon as you force yourself to do it, you realize that you actually do feel minimally better.

You can build from there to get out of the hole. I have gotten out myself. @mags1311

aardenvark September 28th, 2023

I have also found myself in the depression slumps lately. It’s a really difficult thing to tackle, especially when you aren’t surrounded by many friends or family. I think that’s been a big part of why I’ve been so down lately, I never have anyone to talk to when things start to get bad, and then they just snowball uncontrollably. I have one friend that I try to talk to about things but he tends to be wrapped up in his own problems and I don’t really feel like he’s listening, or the topic gets shifted very quickly. And maybe that’s a me problem, I shouldn’t be expecting other people to be my therapist. I just wish I had someone to talk to sometimes. That’s why I got on this app and I’m really hoping it’ll help me feel a little less alone in the world. I’m not sure I have any advice but please feel free to message me anytime or reply here. 🩵

user786542 September 28th, 2023

Hey. Hope you’re doing better. I can relate to how you’re feeling and the same thing is currently happening to me. Anyways, if you need someone to talk to you can always vent to me or anything I don’t mind.