Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tired

VintageDougers December 1st, 2023

I'm just so tired. Tired of feeling depressed, tired of feeling like I'm never enough, tired of trying. I have no desire to go on, no family left that actually seems to care about me, no reason to keep going. Ever since I was a kid I've struggled with mental health issues. I've been on every medication in the book, seen more therapists, psychiatrists and psychologists than I can count and here I am still struggling. I just don't want to do it anymore, can't drag myself out of bed most of the time. The only shining light I see in my life right now is my wife, I'm sticking around for her. But I feel like I need to want to be here for me. It's strange that I am so terribly afraid of death and the uncertainty that comes with it, but at the same time I almost welcome it.

I know these feelings can't last forever but it's hard to see past them right now. 💔

electricAlessandra1606 December 2nd, 2023

Hi @VintageDougers,

While I can't make you feel a million times better (I would like to if I could), I can tell you that you are valued. You are loved, and believe it or not, you have made a positive impact on many, many people's lives. I feel for you, and something that has helped me on my darkest days is thinking about things I can look forward to. I hope you get at least a little bit of the positive energy I'm sending your way, (: Best of luck, and remember you can be everything you want to be and more! I'm rooting for you.

VintageDougers OP December 2nd, 2023

Thank you so much for your encouragement.

Katsuddon December 2nd, 2023

I believe in you and I believe that you can get through this. I know it may seem like there isn’t anyone that cares about you, but I’m sure that there are people who do care. Keep going! I’m sure that it’ll get better.

Thank you so kuch

Scorn December 2nd, 2023

@VintageDougers

Hope you start feeling better man. If you need to talk, I'd be ready to support you. Have a good one.

Thanks man

ItzFritz December 2nd, 2023

@VintageDougers Many of us like you go through this feeling of depression. I want you to start with something small, write yourself a letter once a day every 2 - 3 days. In that letter start with what problems you're going through, what you hope, what you like about yourself. Allowing yourself to share out your thoughts to yourself gives this sense of self closure. It's something I do here at 7cup that helps with me. Listen to audio speeches of hope, happiness, and wisdom. AS you keep going, one day you'll find yourself having small improvements, not major, but a small change is enough for a pathway of growth.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into this

bestVase7265 December 2nd, 2023

It is really hard in the moment because you know the illness is permanent. But you have learned stuff over the years that does get you out of the hole more quickly. The hole itself sucks but you will find your way out. Think about what has worked in the past. It will get you beyond the negative voices again @VintageDougers

Thank you very much

bestVase7265 December 3rd, 2023

I hope that today was better. @VintageDougers

Thank you so much for your response and encouragement

Helgafy December 8th, 2023

Friend - not you nor I'am going to leave this earth soon (d i e). I read you're afraid of that. I'll tell you that you don't have to! I know Jesus Christ who sais in the Bible: John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." So if we believe in the work He did on the cross for us, we don't have to be afraid to meet the life after the life we have here. And - there will be no sickness there.