Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Rising just to fall again

UncharmedBear September 7th

Hey all! First time ever putting any of this out anywhere, but I figure no one else bothers to listen to it so why not. I've been feeling pretty damn depressed for the last probably decade, if im being honest. Everytime I try to rise out of my own personal ***, i'm slapped back down into it in one way or another. The most recent of those being me moving to an entirely new state, to a city no one has probably ever heard of in the middle of nowhere. So now, on top of my general depression, I can add loneliness to the list. I'm just having a really hard time finding a reason to go on if this is what my life will be like. I honestly believe I was supposed to die years ago and the universe is trying to right the wrong in any way it can.

PineTreeTree September 8th

@UncharmedBear Hi Bear. Sorry you’ve found yourself in a lonely place. I can understand how that would be depressing. What have you tried to manage your depression? 

The universe is not out to get you.
UncharmedBear OP September 8th

I've tried meditation, having a consistent sleep schedule, and exercising. It'll get better for a day or two, but then I fall back into the same feelings for a week.

PineTreeTree September 8th

@UncharmedBear Depression can occur from the thoughts we have. Learning some skills through CBT can help. You can learn these skills in books.

UncharmedBear OP September 9th

I'll try to find books on it and give it a shot, thank you.

indigoJet7590 September 8th

I am not sure what sticks. I am in the same predicament. I have had recurring suicidal thoughts since I was a child. But we're both still here, so that's a start!

UncharmedBear OP September 9th

I'm sorry you're going through it too, and I hope it gets better. Until it does though, at least you're not alone.