Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Overcoming???

Iamwhoiamwhoami March 25th, 2023

Somewhere here I read a statement regarding looking at what we have overcome in life. I may still be breathing after all these years, but I cannot honestly say I overcame anything. Can’t even call it survival. I get more and more miserable every second I still breathe.

What is , might as well just say, fifty years of trauma and misery and wrong decisions? It is not perseverance. I’m inclined to say stupidity.

I have been to hundreds of different therapists and the last few I have seen have been a wash due to my inability to give a darn anymore. I have done so many different “exercises” and yes, some have helped (with some modifications) . Though most are of no help to me at all.

I have no desire for anything at all. I know therapy is a two way street and the path I am on is basically the width of a high wire cable, definitely a one way path. My “transmission” is broken, it is stuck in “granny” gear and no reverse.

I should stop rambling now, I am way off topic and my brain flickers are extreme right now.

ASilentObserver March 29th, 2023

@Iamwhoiamwhoami Hello and Welcome to 7Cups, Iamwho. I am glad you reached out and shared how you are feeling. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a lot of pain and hopelessness. It sounds like it has been incredibly difficult and traumatic for you, and that nothing has provided lasting relief or hope so far. I can understand why you would feel discouraged and disheartened. But please know you don't have to go through this alone. We are all here with you to listen and support. You can also join us in the Depression group chat to share more!

bestVase7265 March 30th, 2023

Hey! I remember your posts from a few months ago. Welcome back.

It is always okay to have days where you vent and you remember what a big struggle it all is sometimes. But that frustration still does not cancel the fact that life is worth it.

I hope that things are now a bit better than when you posted. Sending lots of strength and peace.

@Iamwhoiamwhoami