Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fin

DanDrisco March 1st

Life

It has been unkind as of late. The drive to do good by others has left me finding no help left for myself. Loved ones are now dying consistently. I preach hope for others, now I'm struggling to find some for myself. It's getting late...

Tinywhisper11 March 1st

@DanDrisco hugs you tightly ❤❤ I understand you can be so nice so supportive, but then realise, well who's helping me, what am I gonna do when my world comes crashing down. Well sweetie, someone is always listening and someone is always there to give you a hug and someone's there ready to support you ❤❤ I'm sorry people in your life are dieing off😥 grief is a very hard thing to deal with. Your safe here, you can be you here ❤ we all care about you here at cups, I'm always here. Hugs you again ❤ everything will be ok ❤

DanDrisco OP March 1st

@Tinywhisper11 you have always been so nice to me, I am happy that I have you around when I'm losing control of things. I hope you have a great day today 💟

mytwistedsoul March 1st

@DanDrisco This is so relatable. I just realized this myself.    I'm sorry for your losses. It's not easy to keep losing people you care about. It's even harder when there's no one there when you need someone. Really leaves you with this sense of truly being alone in your grief and struggles

DanDrisco OP March 2nd

@mytwistedsoul

Thank you for response. It's been very tough to say the least. I keep getting told that it's God testing me for trying to change my ways and mindset by erasing the S****de word from my vocabulary. If true, this is very unfair.

This life has been rough. I hope you are doing well tonight, and I hope that things get better for you and everyone here struggling.

mytwistedsoul March 2nd

@DanDrisco I'm not really religious tbh. So idk much about being tested by god. I do know that life is hard and it's hard to keep getting up when you keep getting knocked down. You're tired and you're hurting. It's ok to rest - what if you rested here with us for a little while? What if we hear you and support you? I know it's not the same as having people in real life but it can be a port in the storm for you 

DanDrisco OP March 2nd

@mytwistedsoul

I was not one for religion myself. I decided to give it a try this year in hopes to stop this downfall and hopefully get an answer. I didn't like what I found to say the least. I don't believe in coincidence but, for lack of better wording, coincidentally... I have been hearing that rest is what is wanted from me.

I have been on here for about a year now and tried to give those who seek help with their afflictions any sort of guidance that has helped me. I am open to any sort of community building that comes my way, tomorrow I am going to start volunteer work at a goat sanctuary in hopes that it helps keep my mind off of everything happening.

It's not the rest that I have been looking for or have been asked of, but I feel very worthless as I quit my last job in search of more meaning to this life. Wake up, go to work, go to sleep, repeat. I believe that there is another step that breaks the cycle of fulfilling a suits dream and starts a new cycle of fulfilling ones own dream. I cannot stop until I find this break of the normalcy that has been indoctrinated in all of us.

I appreciate all of you for the help that is given to me. To say "port if the storm" also resonates in such a way since it has also been a topic for the last year. I feel that this storm has a ways to go which concerns me, I feel like I need that rest you have offered to me but I am too antsy to keep still. I need to figure out how to not feel like sitting idle is the wrong move.

lovingRainbows2088 March 1st

@DanDrisco

I know what you are going through right now. I have also had people die off of me as well and stopped talking to me. I am sorry that you are experiencing the same thing that I went through I also know that it isn't right for everyone to be dying off of you and want nothing to do with you. I know that you were doing your best and offering them support and then they didn't do the same thing for you back. Everyone deserves to feel supported and loved. I would love to support and listen to you. Hugs.

DanDrisco OP March 2nd

@lovingRainbows2088

Thank you for your response. It's been exhausting coming back to the real world and realizing how disconnected everyone has become. The way it used to be has faded, and everyone has become too consumed in the phone or anything that gives them that instant gratification. It's pretty lonely on this side of life, but it is refreshing, and upsetting, to hear there are some people out there who feel like I do.

I hope you are doing well. I always offer to chat with anyone who needs an ear or just an unknown friend to vent to without judgement, I extend this offer to you as well.