Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Prompt Of The Week: Write about one habit that you would like to develop or improve in 2024

blindDaisy9121 January 8th

Hello, writing community!

I hope you have been well! Welcome back to the writing series, where I present you with writing prompts to exercise your creative muscles every week! If you haven't checked out the previous posts of the series, I've got you! You can find it here

Without further delay, here is the prompt for today:

Write about one habit that you would like to develop or improve in 2024

image_1704714522.png

What will you be doing? Good question! You'll be replying to my post with your original 

1. poems

2. prose (long or short)

As of now, the word limit is a maximum of 500 words. 

Happy writing! And do tag some friends if you think they might be interested in this activity! If you have any questions about the series or want to submit a prompt, then please feel free to message: @Clarisse29

If you're interested in being tagged every time a new post is made to the series, reply to this post with "I want to be tagged for more prompts". Thank you!

_________

Before you go! 

Did you know about CDM? It is the Content Development and Marketing Program which is offered for free by the 7 Cups Academy! It teaches you the essentials of developing content and marketing it so that it is more visible on the internet with a specific focus on mental health! At the completion of this program, you earn a free certificate from the Academy which you can use to further your professional growth! Find out more here. 

Taglist: @OuiCherie @SoulfullyAButterfly @niens @azuladragon34 @Izzy274 @jersey123456 @usefulsummer3139 @TilXC @KindLemonade @ThoughtfulBlossom @Sugarlife24 @AuroraBriarRose @Torean @TryingTBH2021 @babydino69 @chaoscookie22 @Cuposad076 @Elise849 @TheJenInBlack @AnnaJ718 @RideARainbow @ImaginativeThinker8574 @Aikyaa01 @HopieRemi @NCG2237  @seashell145 @InvaderStitch @blueAngel00 @WharfRat @mysteriousClover @neverendingRainbow489 @LonleyCheese @lyricalAngel70 @discreetSugar176 @Dallady  @TheGoodFairy @Shawdios @CalmCoral @CatwomenSoulstealer @adaptableOcean4193 @Barltik2065 @CompassionateOak202@LoveMyMoonflowers

Clarisse29 January 8th

@blindDaisy9121

thank you for posting!

Torean January 8th

@blindDaisy9121

I want to be in the habit of showing confidence.  I seem to be doing quite a lot of things for both myself and others, and I'm always developing my habits and skills.  It's just that I honestly need to look better doing it.  Confidence gets better results almost across the board.  Today, I'm going to do a few things.  

I'm going to get a payment reset, I'm going to prepare everything to pay off a debt tomorrow, and I'm going to get something done on going through my dad's old stuff taking up space and start taking charge of the project.

If I feel like I'm taking charge, I can have better confidence, and get better results in turn.  Also, it's better im case yet another thing blindsides us later.

Clarisse29 January 10th

@Torean

i hope you accomplish your goal <3

blindDaisy9121 OP January 27th

@Torean

I hope you find success with it💓💓

Cheyenne45450 January 8th

@blindDaisy9121 Work out more, study more, keep a good skincare routine

Clarisse29 January 10th

@Cheyenne45450

good luck to you <3

@Cheyenne45450

That's a great way to start new year💙 

ThoughtLight January 8th

I really want to get into the daily habit of daily journaling. I go through times where I'm devout about it and it does make me feel better. Then I go through long periods of not doing it at all. I know it is going to require some self discipline. 

LonleyCheese January 10th

@ThoughtLight I know right! I've actually been doing it for a while now and it's super useful! A trick I use is to let myself have rest days, but not more than two nights in a row. it helps to have the journal right by your bed too :)

Clarisse29 January 10th

@ThoughtLight

maintaining a habit is really hard but i wish you success in your journaling journey!

ThoughtLight January 10th

@Clarisse29 it all boils down to practicing self-discipline. Which in itself is another hard task. But all the hard tasks are made easier if you just keep the end goal in mind. Practicing visualization techniques can help. I can't think of anything involving self-betterment that is an easy route. But as the old saying goes the hardest things are worth fighting for. 

@ThoughtLight

If you love something you will definitely find ways to take out time for it. I wish you all the best👍

WharfRat January 9th

I would like to get into the habit of better thinking patterns.  I would like to leave the ruminating thoughts behind along with the ball of messy stuff that is in my mind.

Clarisse29 January 10th

@WharfRat

i wish you success with that :)

@WharfRat

My best wishes are with you. I hope you succeed in practising mindfulness.✨

enigmaticpanda4152 January 9th

@blindDaisy9121

Habit of writing and article research is something I would like to inculcate in myself. As it will increase my wisdom and wishful thinking to make me more and more productive.

Clarisse29 January 10th

@enigmaticpanda4152

wishing you success for this one!

@enigmaticpanda4152

The habit of writing is awesome. I hope you make the best out of it.👍

LonleyCheese January 16th

well, it's actually a bad habit i want to stop, this year. I have a bfrb called dermatillomania, which is related to OCD. Anyway, it basically just causes me to repeatedly pick my skin, with what can feel like little to no control. This year, I have a goal to have just one day without picking. Sounds easy? Not so easy for me. I have tried repeatedly to stop, and I have caved every single time. It has been probably a few years since I've gone a full day without picking my skin, and it shows. But I have an amazing friend, we'll call her "N", who knew about my goal. One day about a week ago now, I had been pretty close to reaching my goal. I mean, I had picked at a few spots, but I decided I wouldn't count those. I told N, and she supported me and encouraged me. She also made a metaphor that she was "spotting" me, as we go to gym class together. She was so wonderful and I didn't want to dissapoint her, I didn't want to dissapoint myself. Near the end of the day I had to fight really hard to not pick, but I went to bed that night successful. Despite the few spots i had picked, i reached my goal. I am super happy with myself and I'm going to go for two days soon, maybe this week! And honestly, I wouldn't have been able to reach that if N wasn't here for me, thanks sweet girl.

@LonleyCheese

Nothing is impossible. Keep on going. My best wishes are with you 🔥🔥

lovelyButterfly2844 January 22nd

@blindDaisy9121

I would like to get in the habit of drinking more water instead of soda. I currently drink way too much coke.Does anyone have any suggestions of drinks are good for you that you can easily replace coke with? 

-Brittany

@lovelyButterfly2844

You can try homemade fruit juice. It's super healthy and will keep you hydrated!!🍉