Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3) Social Media Graphics: Promoting Site Content

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

Graphics can be created to support as well as summarize site content on social media platforms that link back to the original content through shares links alongside them. For example, we can create graphics to present our optimized Question and Answer Page or a summary of an expert article.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the process of designing graphics, using image captions and hashtags, as well as posting best practices

(i) Designing Graphics:

To aid the graphic designing process, you can consider using sites that allow you to not only create your own graphics but provide a wide range of templates that you can edit.

Some tips to consider include:

• Know which design size you require beforehand - this may vary based on the social media platform. For example, Instagram offers a maximum resolution of 1080 x 1080 px.

• Use only 2 font designs to avoid going overboard.

• Use contrasting fonts or different text sizes to grab attention and to ensure the main message is conveyed.

• Less is sometimes more: if your design does not require extra backgrounds, images, or design layers, consider going with white space as that helps avoid your content being avoided due to noise.

• Use icons to help graphically summarize your content.

• Consider combining consistency with creativity: ask yourself what your major content can creatively look like as consistency is a core principle of content creation. Consistency also applies to your design (font, colors, etc). For example, an analysis of 7 Cups Instagram can help identify that most of the posts are quotes, affirmations, etc. Note that more foundational blocks can always be introduced into the flow with time.

• Consider adding your logo or site information on your graphic to help strengthen your brand.

• Think of ways to stand out: Research and observe current trends, international events, and other possible content inspirations, but don’t be afraid to think outside the box to trial new creative ideas. For example, 7 Cups hosted a very successful and engaging Mental Health Trick or Treat

Sites that have free editable templates include:

(ii) Image Captions and Hashtags

• Remember that your image caption not only represents the content you are posting about but the brand you represent.

• Consider the length of your caption based on your social media platform. For instance, Twitter limits characters, Instagram can be used for a medium length caption, while Facebook could host longer article-style captions too!

• Some ideas of captions include: summarizing the content, mentioning the main motto of the post, etc.

• Add emojis to connect with your audience.

• Don’t forget to ensure readability by breaking up your longer captions with headings or spaces.

• Questions help engage the audience: never forget to look for opportunities for reflection such as one-word answers to yes/no questions, or other quick icebreakers such as what everyone plans to do at the weekend.

• A call to action is important to ensure further practical engagement. You can remind users about more details about supporting content present in the link in your bio or directly share your relevant link (depending on the social media platform)

• Structure your caption with important information at the beginning, followed by any additional information of interest (such as goals, facts), questions for engagement, call to action, etc - you can style your structure based on your content type.

• Include relevant hashtags and consider using mentions and tagging other users. Researching relevant hashtags involves keeping an eye on the hashtags used by influencers and leading figures and profiles within the industry, looking for trends and patterns, finding related hashtags just like related keywords, as well as trialing different groups of hashtags for certain content types. Last but not least, your brand can aim to start a new hashtag of its own as well! Some websites have tools that can help you target and research hashtags - some examples are included in this external link.

(iii) Posting Time

Many people often wonder when to post their content, and this curiosity is definitely important because posting time does influence engagement and value of the content posted - however, there are no correct rules of guidance.

Rather, posting times should be based on insights on when your audience is most likely to be active - most social media platforms offer these insights for business or creator accounts, alongside insights in regards to other engagement factors.

One excellent feature to utilize to ensure posting time, as well as a smooth flow of content, is to plan content in advance and schedule posts - scheduling is possible through the Twitter platform as well as the Facebook Business Suite for both Instagram and Facebook

Activity

Using your answer to the question in Discussion 2’s activity, create a social media graphic presenting the content and share your graphic as a reply to this post. Creativity is welcome for this task, and you can create any form of content. Feel welcome to use the 7 Cups social media content for inspiration if needed. Reply to at least one student’s graphic as well.

Tip: You can discuss ideas or ask for help in the student discussion and support thread!

Not sure how to add images directly into this forum discussion? Find instructions here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

ouiCherie May 18th, 2022

@wonderfulRainbow817

Nice Rainbow! You made this?? I suppose you created this for Instagram post size?

_1652866386.CDM Mentor Tag.png

usefulSummer3139 May 16th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

_1652683536.image.png

ouiCherie May 18th, 2022

@usefulSummer3139

Love the design, and composition between the elements! Well done, Summer! 💜

sshn07 May 16th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Did this with carousel style for an Instagram post in my mind. Feel free to share your opinions :)

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFA1Ajfljo/Rjq3ddaCLMwyXDyIy7daWg/view?utm_content=DAFA1Ajfljo&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink#1

ouiCherie May 18th, 2022

@sshn07

Checked and those are amazing carousel! The messages, the alignment, the social media marketing part. You aced it S 💜

_1652866664.CDM Mentor Tag.png

didreamerssystem May 21st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hello! I hope that this is good. I did it with the idea that they need affirmations and also to let them know that there is someone out there that cares for them. Hence why I recommended they come 7Cups! To get a listening ear 😊

_1653175942.photo4922558620806261628.jpg

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 23rd, 2022

@jana22sal this is very well-presented - love the entire design!

themerlin May 23rd, 2022

I think always keep moving forward with whatever life throw at you is the key of survival.

ouiCherie May 24th, 2022

@xdelightx

I like the message in the graphic, and they way you bold they keywords 💜 For constructive feedback: as the exercise is to create a social media graphic to promote site content, it would be great to add either 7 Cups' logo or url.

_1653385248.CDM Mentor tag (1).png

FrenchMarbles June 13th, 2022

@xdelightx

Echoing what others have said, it does need a logo but all in all, it looks fresh and powerful! Good job!

plushMermaid2855 May 23rd, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly_1653338649.BAA6F98F-0160-44D5-9CA6-CECACBBA3FF4.png

ouiCherie May 24th, 2022

@plushMermaid2855

A sweet design and an empowering message 💜 For constructive feedback: as the exercise is to create a social media graphic to promote site content, it would be great to add either 7 Cups' logo or url.

_1653385430.CDM Mentor tag (1).png

Huriya June 1st, 2022
@plushMermaid2855
Looks really good. Love the affirmations, and they are something I have to remind myself from time to time too.
Huriya June 1st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly _1654087605.@Huriya.png

Instagram post
Caption: Doubting your worth can arise due to many reasons. But self-love practices can help as can therapy. How do you practice self-love?

#selflove #selfworth #7cups #therapy

ouiCherie June 2nd, 2022

@Huriya

This is nice. An example of clean design with minimalistic touch. 👍

_1654145745.CDM Mentor tag (1).png

Huriya June 2nd, 2022

@ouiCherie Thank you!

EmpathyShoulder1904 June 7th, 2022

@Huriya

This is nice 👌

A lot of Empathy and compassion is driven out of it

And the captioning is also good including te use of Hashtags to help people maneuver their way to 7cups for support.

easyMaple3687 June 4th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This was a great experience, I played around with Canva and created a fun graphic with my written work
ouiCherie June 7th, 2022

@easyMaple3687

That's your first try? That's pretty cool, Maple 👍 I'm glad you're enjoying the exercise.

Once you get familiar with the app, you can try its many features. Like most skills, practice makes perfect 😊

_1654603071.jpg_20220411_031121_0000.jpg

EmpathyShoulder1904 June 4th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly _1654369161.png_20220604_195404_0000.png

Love is a beautiful thing ❤.

Loving yourself is wonderful ✨

Have you ever looked deeply at yourself to see how amazing you're?

If not .....start today because you're special☺!

ouiCherie June 7th, 2022

@EmpathyShoulder1904

Lovely message and design 👍 I suppose the flower elements meant to be for corners design?

_1654603481.jpg_20220411_031121_0000.jpg

CosmicMiracle June 13th, 2022

@EmpathyShoulder1904

I love the design and the background <3 It made me feel calm <3

@SoulfullyAButterfly

_1655111041.My project.jpg

"When was the last time you stood out? #BeProud #YouMatter #7Cups"

I took this picture when I was on a walk, and I felt so calm and at peace. I wanted to reflect that for the audience but also with a powerful manta, you ARE allowed to take up space.

Quality Mentor Forum Supporter Listener Coach Peer Support Project Agent

Tagging my internship twin: @CosmicMiracle <3

ouiCherie June 13th, 2022

@FrenchMarbles

Impressive, Marbles! ⭐️😊👍 what social media post's size did you use?

Constructive feedback for future (no need to revise): as this is a CDM exercise, you may want to add a marketing element. For instance FrenchMarbles - 7 Cups or 7cups logo, etc.

Hope you're enjoying the program 💙

_1655112682.jpg_20220411_031121_0000.jpg

@ouiCherie

Hello! I used the flyer option so it was.... the flyer size? :P

And yes I knooooooow, I realised that when I sent it over, like darn it. buuuut thank you regardless, I'll keep that in mind!

@FrenchMarbles

Awesome!

Well, I've to say, you're the first trainee I met on CDM with energetic reply 😂👍 love the vibe! Keep going, I'm rooting for you!

MyNameIsNicole June 17th, 2022

@FrenchMarbles awesome job frenchie, I love the inspiration behind the photo and knowing that you took it yourself makes it extra special.

I also love the message, this image is great!

CosmicMiracle June 13th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly _1655113004.Canva for Internship.png

"Don't let you invalidate you."

@CosmicMiracle

I really liked this, especially that you added the logo when I forgot mine!

It is a nice picture and a good choice of font!

@FrenchMarbles 😂 omg Marbles...

@CosmicMiracle

Excellent! ⭐️😊👍 lucky me to come across great works today!

Keep going and let me know if there's anything I can assist you during the program.

_1655116292.jpg_20220411_031121_0000.jpg

PhoenixTears5972 June 13th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly _1655162876.20220614_044500_0000.png

ouiCherie June 14th, 2022

@PhoenixTears5972

Wow! I personally love it. This is great for mental health awareness post. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

_1655198814.jpg_20220411_031121_0000.jpg

PhoenixTears5972 June 14th, 2022

Thank you so much ❤️

MyNameIsNicole June 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I made this design on my laptop since my phone got destroyed last minute.

you-do-not-have-to-do-anything-special-to-be-good-enough-you-already-are-because-you-re-you_1655490556. (1).png

@frenchmarbles

FrenchMarbles June 17th, 2022

It's nice especially the nice parts is quite nice. Keep up with the nice stuff.

MyNameIsNicole June 19th, 2022

@FrenchMarbles

thanks for being so nice, that's nice that you're nice

FrenchMarbles June 19th, 2022

@MyNameIsNicole shocking I can be nice I know.

FerineMusings June 19th, 2022

@MyNameIsNicole

Really love the idea that a nice idea is enclosed under "reminder". Also the background is cute. Kinda soothing to read text over it.