Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

13) Reviewing and Promoting Current Articles

SoulfullyAButterfly February 26th, 2021

Through this activity, we will review current content and get to promote content too.

Activity

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

2. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.

3. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

5. Offer feedback to one student for their submissions to the above steps.

Please ensure that your submissions to each of the steps of this activity are all contained in one forum post/reply.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

Happy900 February 27th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Review, and Promoting Current Articles

The article I read was How to Stop Negative Thinking

The article, was empathetic, kind, helpful and informative.

According to Scott Fantucchio, LMHC

"Act in opposition to your negative thoughts to show yourself that these thoughts are not always true."

Comments:

Expertise, It was informative. The author knows, what he is talking about.

Authority: the author knows his content very-well. They are well educated.

Trustworthiness: I would trust what this author writes. I would recommend reading it.

Ps Sorry there is no photo. I have to do things differently,because I have a learning disability. I am a writter,not a graphics person. I will e-mail the photo to SoulfullAButterfly. Hope you all understand. I could not find an article on learning disabilities or ADHD,so I did this one instead. When others post theres,I will comeback and comment. I did not want to fall behind.

blissart February 27th, 2021

@Happy900

you mentioned all the points in concise , clear manner. Understandable graphics doesnt come easy to those who arent linked with this. I too just learnt from the tools shared in the previous course smiley

optimisticDay8079 March 29th, 2021

@Happy900 great article and i loved how concise you were

Happy900 March 30th, 2021

@optimisticDay8079 Thanks for the support.

Thanks for reading it.

Excitingeasting May 27th, 2021

@Happy900

Concise and relevant information mentioned with EAT points well picked and applied. However, it could be more detailed.

KACOSMIC July 31st, 2021

@Happy900

Good observations. Well done.smiley

twilight000 August 21st, 2021

@Happy900

You did well with this, and it was clear and easy to read :)

Textingpals October 6th, 2021

@Happy900

Crisp and clear.

PhoenixTears5972 June 14th, 2022

!@Happy900

Brief article and concise . Easy to understand . Great work !

Ninziesss August 29th, 2022

@Happy900

Great Article!

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1) Article -- Dating When Parents Don't Approve

2) 3 strengths- concise, felt empatheic and hopeful , can be shared on social media in interest of many.

3) Expertise - written on a platform which is mental health based and by a student of mental health. It is comprehensive and easy to understand and with links to articles for further reading

Aurthority- author had researched well and used relevant stories. Published on 7cups , a platform with wikipedia page helps

Trustworthiness- Published on 7cups , a forerunner mental health platform and the author being a mental health student with passion for the subject makes it trustworthy

4)

Happy900 February 27th, 2021

@blissart Very nice. You followed everything.

Maybe for the photo try a different background, but all and all,it was good.

If I was grading this, I would give you a A.

@Happy900

Thanks heart

Happy900 May 30th, 2021

@blissart Your welcomed.

@blissart

another graphic

WendinCaring March 1st, 2021

@blissart

Good review of the picked article.

I really like the design of the graphic.

caffeinatedcatio June 25th, 2021

@blissart Good review, and I liked the second graphic you uploaded! Good job :)

Brinaa101 August 24th, 2021

@blissart

I really like your interpretation of the article! The graphic you designed is also amazing because it uses a simple background that is related to the topic being discussed, and the fonts are pretty, yet simple. Good job!!

WhiteRoses25 November 7th, 2021

I like the graphic with the broken heart and it symbol a break up.

CoffeeAddict07 May 15th, 2022

@blissart

I love this graphic! I think that, although it's about a really tough topic, the graphic itself is just very aesthetically pleasing and eye catching!

Clarisse29 April 5th, 2021

@blissart

great review and graphic!

Lugi123 May 24th, 2021

@blissart

Thank you for your input. Indeed it helps a lot when an article is shared on a page with relevant content. Also being a topic that would be shared easily on social media helps. Another thing I liked of this article are the amount of sources it uses and how it portrays the parent's perspective as well.

Iamanotheru August 8th, 2021

@blissart
I really loved your response. Great work buddy!

greatfulPassion August 12th, 2021

@blissart You did it very well covered all aspects.
Especially with the graphics and the text.

dreamRainbows3245 February 17th, 2022

@blissart

Really useful article you selected its a really important topic. You gave really good feedback and in general I can tell you read the article well. I would suggest a different using a different picture that's a bit more brighter but that's it. Overall great job.

marvelloustree1111 March 4th, 2022

@blissart

Hey blissart, really well reviewed. I liked both the graphics, but the second one felt better. Also you can add light templates to your graphics if you think they suit the piece, like flowers or the sea. Nontheless, it was an awesome review :)

plushMermaid2855 May 25th, 2022

@blissart

amazing graphic, good work. The theme is well kept and suited. Simple and effective.

BlueCup55 May 26th, 2022

@blissart your review is amazing and the graphic fits perfectly with it! good job!

easyMaple3687 July 5th, 2022

@blissart great job, I love the graphic

easyMaple3687 July 11th, 2022

@blissart great graphics,

WendinCaring March 1st, 2021

Title: Top Teen Mental Health Concerns (And, How to Effectively Manage Them as a Parent)
Subtitle: Here are today's most searched mental health questions surrounding teens, and how to help
by Jon Patrick Hatcher

Link:
https://www.7cups.com/experts/most-searched-teen-mental-health-issues-how-to-help

#3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.
The article is concise, but informative.
The article writer/expert puts himself in the readers' shoes. He has given them plenty of empathy and hope.
He is thorough. Actionable steps have been listed to cover all the possible aspects of mentioned issues.

#My comments on the article regarding expertise, authority and trustworthiness

Expertise:
The writer started the article by presenting the signs of most common mental conditions among teenagers. To empathize how important it is to share the information, he has added the most popular google search questions.
Authority:
Citations include back-linking within the platform and outside the platform. The writer has his brand to prove his authority in the field.
Trust:
The writer is attached to a reliable site. His profile at the end of the article has proved his words to be trustworthy.

My graphic:

https://imgur.com/a/oLvFtY0

March 2nd, 2021

@WendinCaring good coverage of the review. Thanks Slightly smiling

March 12th, 2021

@WendinCaring Clear use of words, and the image with the quote is very appealing.

blindHeart12 June 12th, 2021

@WendinCaring

Awesome Graphic design. Few words but speak loud message. The topic choose by you is very useful.

March 2nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1) Topic: Can Self Esteem be Changed?

2) Best practices:
a) The title of the article creates an intrigue by asking a question
b) vast use of keywords
c) uses positive language

3) EAT
a) Expertise: i) it is completely aligned with the goals of the website it is on (7cups)
ii) it is using major important keywords

b) Authority: i) It is written by an expert
ii) the links to sources is provided (including Wikipedia)

c) Trust: i) does have sources cited
ii) can use more parameters to build trust, for example degrees earned by the author

4) Image : https://www.canva.com/design/DAEXniatJaY/yuWOulMpdZggpxUMoQTSbw/view?utm_contentGrinningAEXniatJaY&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_sourceTongueublishsharelink

FinleyTews March 4th, 2021

@DonaldDraper Good work! Your review is on point, except that the author isn't a mental health expert, but an enthusiast who did good research. Your graphic is pleasant and uncluttered, I love the contrast between the hot and cold hues. May I suggest that the white letters be more centered in the orange rectangle though, or the rectangle be aligned with the left margin so that it looks more connected.

11820Read March 6th, 2021

@DonaldDraper

Good job on identifying the strengths as well as things to improve in your chosen article. For the "Authority" part, though, I would like to suggest to consider Wikipedia as a not-very-good source since it is a page that can be freely edited by anybody and the identities of these editors (or page creators) cannot be checked. For instance, a business owner can create an article on Wikipedia about her own local eatery and claim that it is popular among families who reside there just for promoting her business; or a physics enthusiast can pretend to be a physicist and edit an article on Relativity Theory based on his own understanding.

March 6th, 2021

@11820Read Ahh. I agree with your concern. However, when it comes to content marketing, wikipedia is in good books with search engines. So, it does help create a sense of authority.

11820Read March 6th, 2021

@DonaldDraper

I agree that it is popular and usually listed on top when using search engines such as Startpage and Google. Perhaps we can use it for popularity or marketing purposes but not for a reliable source to cite then, especially in citing for a research-based article. smiley

SynSavory March 7th, 2021

@DonaldDraper

Great and detailed piece. Your poster is really professional-looking. For credibility in the article chosen, I think the person could have framed their education differently and listed their degrees.