Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

start of the training

silentbuster26 September 30th, 2023

hello guys, i just want to share here in this thread, for almost one year that id been unemployed and became idle here in our house for a year, i grabbed the opportunity to study for a call center training near our location. i admit that im not very good at speaking especially speakinhg in english because i was an extremely shy person. i decided to give it a try instead of sulking here in our house. i thinl my decision was right because i learned a lot during the first days of my training and also i can say that i gain a few friends, and learn a lot already. but somehow, i still cant believe these good things are happening to me right now because all my life i was been not treated well in the past by my former colleagues. my old patterns of thinking and my old emotions somehow appears from time to time even though it is not existing in the present moment. i also somehow being skeptical again about my co-trainers here but i always try to swept it off right away. i dont know if this is only normal. but i hope i can be able to graduate on time and land a good job after i pass this training. 🙂

futureDeveloper September 30th, 2023

@silentbuster26 You can do it!

BelovedMe September 30th, 2023

@silentbuster26

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences! It's wonderful to hear that you've taken the initiative to pursue call center training despite your previous challenges and shyness. It's completely normal for old patterns of thinking and emotions to resurface from time to time, especially when you're stepping out of your comfort zone. Remember, personal growth involves overcoming these challenges.

It's great that you're aware of your skepticism and actively working to overcome it. Continue to focus on your training, build your skills, and foster positive relationships with your co-trainers. Graduating and landing a job in the field will be a significant achievement, and with your determination, it's definitely within reach.

Stay positive, keep learning, and believe in yourself. You've already shown resilience by taking this step, and it's a sign of your strength and potential for future success. Best of luck with your training and your career aspirations! 😊👍

sympatheticOrange8782 September 30th, 2023

Hi,

Good luck with your new job. Your situation is very relatable to me. In my case I feel used by coworkers who pretend to be friend. It has happened at least at 3 different places. Everytime it feels different at the beginning but it usually turns out to be the same pattern. My advice is to be vigilant and to be aware of any behaviors from others that are similar to what happened before. And most important to keep distance as soon as your instincts tell you that your co workers are not who they seem they are. I did not and now I regret not leaving fake friendships earlier.

KristenHR October 8th, 2023

@silentbuster26

Congratulations on your training.  

Sometimes when you've had past experiences when they were negative over and over, it's difficult to crush the old, negative thoughts and messages.  I would encourage you to try to hold onto the positive messages you are getting with your training.

9honeybees October 8th, 2023

I'm inspired by your story of trying something you feel you have struggled with and finding that you enjoy it! after i quit my job, I've been trying to do the same but i keep holding myself back with thoughts that I'm inherently bad at whatever I'm applying for and stop trying.

Good luck with your training! You should feel proud of yourself!

silentbuster26 OP February 7th

@9honeybees thanks i hope the same for you too 😊