Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Flushing meds while manic

Spockette July 22nd, 2023

Hey does anyone else have a tendency to or flush their meds while manic or mixed? I have medication I can't afford to flush (lithium) since it'll be bad for my levels that I've built up and it's important to keep those stable. Does anyone have tips for these urges? I also have to take my antipsychotics or I'll start having a bad time... but I'll wholly convince myself I'm not ill anymore.. it's frustrating.

RogueOne1983 July 26th, 2023

@Spockette ok you do this when irrational on a manic high nothing is wrong with me I will flush my meds!

I have a suggestion: split your meds into multiple bottles each containing a small amount. Make MOST of them you have to go to some effort to access them.

If you end up flushing convinced you are not ill, hopefully you grab one of these bottles with just a little instead of actually flushing whole supply.

Hope this helps!

Spockette OP July 26th, 2023

@RogueOne1983 thanks thats actually a useful tip, I'll try that :)

RogueOne1983 July 26th, 2023

@Spockette welcome!!

Endure777 July 27th, 2023

Hey @Spockette!

It sounds like you're struggling with the urges to dump your meds or stop taking them, especially when manic. That is certainly a frustrating to say the least. I suggest you reach out to your psychiatrist or therapist and discuss your options, if you have not already. It sometimes also helps to have someone you can talk to when you feel these urges and who can possibly distract you from acting on them.

I hope you get your situation figured out. I am always here if you need to talk!

Spockette OP July 27th, 2023

@Endure777 thanks I will discuss this! :)