Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #3: When was the last time you experienced an extreme high or low mood?

ASilentObserver April 13th, 2023

Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a bit easier week. How are you all feeling?

Today's prompt is focused on Mood. I think we all have our own experiences of mood and its variations and impact of it. Understanding and dealing with mood variations can be difficult and feel clueless.

Given that, this week's prompt is: When was the last time you experienced an extremely high or low mood? What was that like for you?

Please share anything and everything you are comfortable with. We are here discussing and hopefully encouraging and keeping each other accountable to take care of ourselves.

Suggested threads to check:
amiableSalamander17 April 13th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

I experience high and low moods daily. An extremely high, high was recently with a large financial purchase. It was for a car and I was feeling the mania set in from all the stress of finding the right car which took months. I was getting less sleep and this definitely exacerbated my symptoms. Paying a lot of money and ensuring that I was making the right decision also caused mania to kick in high. My heart raced. My thoughts raced. I physically was unable to sit for long. I was in confusion and overload from my mind. I got through it by focusing on my healthy routine. Exercise, diet, medication and consistent, ample sleep. Of course time helped.

I had an extreme low mood recently. It was cold, less sunlight during the day, and I was able to do less outside. I was trapped inside more because of this. I was less active. I got caught up in my thoughts of depression. I had suicidal thoughts. I didn't have a plan though. I got through this by letting the thoughts pass. I am used to it. I stuck to exercise, diet and medication. I focused on getting enough sleep. Time helped as well.

ASilentObserver OP April 14th, 2023

@amiableSalamander17 I'm sorry to hear you experience extreme mood changes. It sounds very difficult to manage, but I'm glad you were able to get through challenging times by focusing on your self-care routine and allowing distressing thoughts to pass. You seem to have developed effective coping strategies, and staying dedicated to your health is so important. We are all here with you to listen to and support. You are not alone in this. thank you for being with us

7ErrorClements7 April 15th, 2023

I'm on low mood most of the days.Sometimes it's better,close to neutral,but more emoty and it's just miserable.

Life feels pointless,my existence feels useless,and I'm not suicidal,but i struggle to find reasons to live.I also can experience severe symptoms and contemplate committing every 4 probably months?

And it's always like that,and it worsened.Now I can't really concentrate,and I'm forgetful,and tearful.I can't think clearly most of the time,ugh.

And i can't really reach out to someone from people close..They think that people who are contemplating suicide,with some conditions,are on dr_gs,and stuff.I don't really know.

ASilentObserver OP April 19th, 2023

@7ErrorClements7 I can understand feeling that way. Life certainly feels hopeless and joyless at times. Please know that we are all here with you to listen to and support. You matter, and the world needs you in it. There is always hope, even in our darkest moments. You are not alone <3

considerateTurtle007 April 18th, 2023

I was on top of the world and then I attended an mental health event particular to the type of the traume I have and now I feel like all life has completely left me and I feel, small, frienghted, immense sadness. I feel like I have failed healing ... I will be talking to my therapist soon so I will discuss by stupidity and uselessness ... I know I'm just "different".

ASilentObserver OP April 19th, 2023

@considerateTurtle007 I can understand how attending such an event and hearing others share their experiences could bring up difficult emotions for you. Please know that healing is a journey, not a destination, and there will be ups and downs along the way. You have so much strength and resilience within you, even if you can't see it right now.

Please know that you are not alone in feeling this way. We are all here with you to listen to and support.

generouscat0001 April 22nd, 2023

I had two back to back weeks pretty much feeling pretty low i'm hypo Right now but I just got into an argument with my husband so now I'm pretty low again.

CheerySandi April 25th, 2023

@ASilentObserverxxou ehotr dhuz u7pr

ž

generouscat0001 May 16th, 2023

I had some really low lows last week. But my husband and I were fighting a lot and that always triggers me into a depression.