Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Questions to ask me if you want to

Haleyloved September 2nd, 2023

Hello everyone! My name is Haley and I have austim lvl 1 a well as POTS I have a multipurpose response service dog!

Now if you have any questions or anything please don't hesitate to reach out to me I am more then happy to answer them!

lovelyApple6441 September 2nd, 2023

@Haleyloved Hi Haley! Thank you so much for bringing attention to your conditions and spreading awareness on the platform, it's so lovely of you to take the time to do this. What was your journey to getting diagnosed with POTS? It's a condition that I was told I might have as well. On another note, lots of love to your service dog for helping you! Service animals are the best <3

Haleyloved OP September 2nd, 2023

@lovelyApple6441

I got diagnosed when I was 10 my parents new something was off with me, my blood sugar would drop causing me to pass out a lot and just feeling more lightheaded whenever I would stand up.

Service animals are truly the best!

oliveTree4069 September 3rd, 2023

So this started a few years ago but I started passing out a lot. Whenever I stand up/stand up for too long I start to get really dizzy and I have to sit down. I started eating more for meals and drinking a lot more water so this doesn’t happen, but it still doesn’t seem to help. I went to the doctor office and they did these weird tests with my blood sugar. They said it got to levels that proved I would have pots. But I’ve always stood with my legs locked. I don’t know how else to stand, because I’ve always stood like that. They said the tests were inconclusive because I stand with my legs locked. Did you have a similar situation like this? (By the way I’m a 16 year old girl)

-Lucy

Haleyloved OP September 3rd, 2023

@oliveTree4069

I did! Sometimes I stand with my legs locked but even if I don't I get the same results!

Having POTS can be hard!

oliveTree4069 September 4th, 2023

I’m not even sure it is, I mean I’m a 16 year old girl trying to get through highschool right now, and it’s hard when I feel like I have to pass out all the time. Thank you for letting me know :)

Haleyloved OP September 5th, 2023

@oliveTree4069

I get that can be hard!

It was very hard for me in high school!

AutiBoy September 4th, 2023

Hello, you have a service dog I wondered what you like people to know about service dogs. Like should we pet them? What things could distract them? Should we avoid eating around them so they don't get distracted? What about other people's dogs should they not go up to your service dog?

Haleyloved OP September 5th, 2023

@AutiBoy

Hello thanks for the great questions!

1. No you should not pet them/ you should always ask the handler if we can never just go up to a Service dog a pet them.

2. What types of things distract service dogs is talking to them or yelling at them to come over having your pet to come up petting them and all these other things can distract them.

3. I don't care if you eat around my service dog they are also trained to go into certain places that have food like restaurants they have food and everything.

4. You should never bring your dog up to a service dog because they can get attacked and that is the end of their career. And you shouldn't even bring your dog into no-pet friendly stores and it is a easy way to distract them too

Hoped this helped! :)

ve3ciell September 5th, 2023

@Haleyloved .