Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

sweating & body odour

drinkmythoughts May 21st, 2017

this is kind of gross but it gets me so anxious. i think i might have a form of anxiety as i get really anxious in social situations and things. whenever i get anxious i sweat so much, when im writing an essay sometimes i can't write properly and all the ink smudges because of how warm and sweaty my hands get. i have anxious moments at school several times a day, sometimes just thinking about having to talk to people when im on the bus, or when i get called on in class. sometimes i get so anxious i can literally feel the sweat dripping down my body. i hate it because sometimes i can smell my own BO and everyone must think im gross, but i can't randomly reapply deoderant because im with my friends all lunch and theyd find it weird if i took a deoderant in the toilet. also btw i use this dove anti perspirant thing and i swear it doesn't even do anything and i put tonnes on. id get a mens one but my mum would ask why and laugh at me or something. any advice?

HolisticLiving May 22nd, 2017

@drinkmythoughts

Hi there, you are not alone. Anxiety can cause sweating unfortunately, however there are techniques that you can implement to help reduce your anxiety and stress levels. Changing our thoughts can help us change our emotions, and ultimately the way we feel (calm or anxious). There is a free short course on here, which I think can help you:

https://www.7cups.com/anxiety-help/

Also, you can message me if you'd like a private chat sometime. I hope you are alright.

sunshineKitty58 May 22nd, 2017

@drinkmythoughts I find that also when Im anxious I sweat a lot too. It is a common issue I think, it can help to take extra deodrant or anti perspirant with you places or a spare change of top. Just having some back ups just incase can be helpful, for patches if you can wear dark colours. I hope this helps :) Sunshinekitty58