Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

tips on how to manage anxiety/panic during evening and night

only2or3 June 16th, 2019

hey guys long time no see! so a little background finally went and got help with the encouragement of some friends. I'm in a day program and my local hospital. (been there for almost a month) and have been currently switched to a new medication called paroxetine ( just got bumped up from 10 mg to 20mg).

even with all the new and practiced coping skills that I have learned, I am still struggling with the evening switched into night. now it could be from the bump up in meds. what do you do when those skills isn't working out?

Ragnarokk June 16th, 2019

Have someone who you love...otherwise it's just a futile theoretical battle...we need confort to fight anxiety...confort comes from people/beings we love...

dancingPoetry62 June 17th, 2019

@only2or3

@only2or3 I have the same exact problem, which then causes insomnia because my anxiety keeps me awake. My mom and my therapist recommended to write about what's making you anxoius and practicing guided meditation at night, even in my bed. Also having orange blossom tea and letting a close relative know when I can't sleep.

@only2or3 I have the same exact problem, which then causes insomnia because my anxiety keeps me awake. My mom and my therapist recommended to write about what's making you anxoius and practicing guided meditation at night, even in my bed. Also having orange blossom tea and letting a close relative know when I can't sleep.

Taw June 18th, 2019

@only2or3 Sounds like you are trying to move in the right direction. I wish I could give you good advice. Nothing seems to work for me. I know that everyone is different. I have a friend that found religion. She is doing great. Prayer has helped her. Maybe something like that could help you. Good luck. When you find something that works, let us all know.

only2or3 OP June 18th, 2019

@Taw good luck too. I just don't know where to go.

Taw June 18th, 2019

@only2or3 Thank you. If I find something that works I'll let you know.