Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Today, i am. But it is not enough.

A1exville November 12th, 2019

I have been retaking therapy again (been missing some appointments though) and she (therapist) has helped me make some progress. My meds work (when i remember i need to tske them) and some days i feel like i might be ok eventually.

Not today, and intermixed with the good days there are days like this: i am restless and i go through the motions but i feel as if I'm not in my own body. My head hurts. Nothing is good enough and even though i might have succesess today, i don't feel like they count. Sometimes it becomes unbearable and i shut down almost entirely and just sleep all day. And then i snap out of it a couple days later and deal with the aftermath, and it just feel like im starting from zero once again.

How can i deal with the bad days?

Mysticalbelle November 12th, 2019

@A1exville

I can relate to how you feel. I am also going to therapy for almost a year now. Mostly because of my mild depression and anxiety. I felt more sedated with the medication I was taking and spent the majority of my day literally just watching Netflix and sleeping all day. I wouldn't encourage anyone to stop taking their medication. I stopped because I felt worse taking the medication. Some meds are not for everyone. I cant say I am doing better, but my life Is getting better. It's hard to stay positive when you feel like a failure, sometimes all we need is a small change in our routine. Something to make us feel better about ourselves. If we are able to call on a friend, sometimes that is sufficient. Of course, when we are consumed in our own problems we neglect the idea that anyone wants to talk to us because perhaps we feel like a burden. Reach out to friends who are close to your heart they are usually excited to hear from you! That's what I did after a year of keeping to myself without any friend interaction. My life is just work all the time that I forgot I had friends! When I reached out on Facebook, and just waved at everyone I physically and personally know, 90% of them replied wondering how I had been since I had vanished from all my socials! It felt good to hear from most of my friends and I felt special for once and realized that my mind sometimes negatively makes me believe things that are not even true.

Mysticalbelle November 12th, 2019

@A1exville

May I suggest you do something you enjoy? Walk around your neighborhood, the park, and just greet everyone you see. If people dont wave back just ignore it and keep going. It will really change tour mood. Sometimes doing things that we like give us a sense of accomplishment and slowly but gradually change our mood. For example, if you like to tend to plants, maybe work on your garden. Or, pick up a hobby you may like. Maybe learn to play an instrument, learn a new language. Enroll at the gym and if you find a friend to go even better! I had a tough time with this one when my depression was bad. So I looked for funny movies and feel good movies on television. If you find a type of movie you like to engage in, it will keep your mind busy because you found something to do that you like.