Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Second Wind!

navyTortoise5674 January 23rd, 2016

I have taken sometime to think and reflect this week, on how I will face my fears and control my recent bout of anxiety, I have decided to do the right thing by ME, and face it head on.

It's my return to work tomorrow after 18 months being on the sick, but what lurks behind the doors, is the recent return of someone who played God with my life nearly 10 years ago, and turned my world upside down. I've been running to long, this person has taken more than enough from me, I will not allow anymore, they will not dictate my thoughts, feelings or future, so I intend to confront this once and for all, show I can and will survive despite my feelings on the inside which are invisible to the naked eye, and use my anxieties as an advantage and hope they will carry me through rather than knock me down.

You see, the thing I have learned about anxiety, it never really goes away, but we can accept and learn to control it, worrying about things that are going to happen, things that are beyond your control are only going to escalate your anxiety even further, the fact that worrying doesn't stop things happening, it clouds your judgements and drains your energies, instead of using your energies to find your tactics for managing your situations. (even though my heart is pounding right now, my hands are shaking, I'm gonna post this anyway, because usually, I'd just delete it!)

So yeah, I intend to use my anxieties and look upon them as strength, as courage, use them to my advantage, face my fear and be thankful I have found my second wind

BestIcanbe January 23rd, 2016

You sound really strong, and you inspire me to tackle my own challenges! And yes, worrying about things doesn't change them. It just makes you feel a hundred times worse, whilst everyone else carries on around completely oblivious. You have a great attitude. Stay strong, there's always a way through the worst that life can throw at you.

navyTortoise5674 OP January 24th, 2016

@BestIcanbe

Thank you for your kind words, You to can find your strength to fight your battles, I believe in you. Trust yourself xx

January 23rd, 2016

@navytortoise2674

Reading this gave me watery eyes! You truly don't realise what an inspiration you have been to myself and others here.

Someone once told me. ' feel the fear then do it anyway' words of wisdom you have come to by yourself and a decision and insight that you can do this and take back your power. You always show so much courage and determination that I hope one day you feel even half as proud of you as I do.

wishing you all the luck in the world that your return to work is smooth and actually enjoyable - reclaiming your life! And also that your other challenges and bravery leads to a positive outcome. You deserve it! Keep holding your head high

Look after you and remember you have people rooting for you - your own personal cheerleading squad :)

Positive vibes and hugs coming your way xxx

navyTortoise5674 OP January 24th, 2016

@Rycochet

Thank you so much, you have been my biggest supporter and I am your biggest fan.

Your post has left me speechless, I don't quite know what to say, facing your fears is certainly scary, but not facing them is worse.

I feel ready for this now, I'm just about absolutely ready for anything.

Thank you xx

Cheeney January 27th, 2016

This so amazing and inspiring to read! This post shows so much insight, wisdom and courage, thank you for sharing.

navyTortoise5674 OP January 30th, 2016

@Cheeney

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

igruaminion January 29th, 2016

I really wish you all the best with this. I really do. Because you

navyTortoise5674 OP January 30th, 2016

Thank you @igruaminion

All I can do it continue to try my best, and find ways which will work for me, and allow myself to move forward and not hold back. It's a push, it really is, but so far I'm managing it alright, it's my 3rd shift back tonight and seems to be slightly easier going in.

Thank you for your reply 🙂

navyTortoise5674 OP July 8th, 2017

It's done some good reading this again, it's so easy to lose sight, isn't it!

Thanks again guys