Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just venting.

Njax14 June 3rd, 2016

I hate the physical side effects anxiety gives me. I really do. Sometimes it's a buzzing all over my body, like bees are trapped inside. Sometimes I get claustrophobic and overheated and feel like I'm going to explode if I don't get out of wherever I am. Most often though, I feel detached from my body. Kind of like being high even though I'm completely sober. I can see my body moving and I can see it touching things.. But I can't feel it. Its like my soul is floating above and my body is just a robot. Sometimes I feel like I'll just float completely away. I just want to feel normal again.. Even if it's for just one day. Anyway, thanks for listening

communicativePlane9108 June 15th, 2016

@Njax14 wow! I am going through the same detachment feelings now. I know it has to do with my anxiety but I hate it and also want to feel like me again!

JadeRainbow June 3rd, 2016

@Njax14 Firstly, I think you are really brave for sharing all of this on the forums and I thank you for giving other members the opportunity to read this and know that they are not the only people experiencing it. If you would ever like to talk about this in more depth there is a vast number of listeners avaliable on www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners

Have you tried anything so far in order to stop yourself feeling like this? If so could you share it so others can see maybe what has and what hasn't worked.

Njax14 OP June 4th, 2016

Thank you so much! Reading a book is what I've found helps so far but when I find more I will definitley share :) @JadeRainbow

Hydrangea03 June 8th, 2016

@Njax14 hi, i really do know what does it feel like! I know the physical side effect anxiety gives you is extremely disturbing and sometimes even painful. When you said it's like bees buzzing all over your body, I get that so much. Sometimes I try to cope by clenching my fist and try to breathe properly. Drinking water helps, too. I also often close my eyes and try to imagine good things. Maybe these can help you too? Anyway, I hope you're fine and safe. Have a great day!