Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Insomnia

Misspenny August 27th, 2022

I’ve always had trouble sleeping . Doesn’t matter if it’s because I’m excited about tomorrow. Anxious about tomorrow. Or have no reason to what’s upsetting me . I won’t sleep . I definitely know what’s giving me anxiety but I have no clue how to get myself to sleep this time . I feel extremely nauseous when I have anxiety . Hoping today is better so I can study. Also hoping I can actually take a nap I’ve been only able to nap for 30 minutes at a time .

eumesmo August 27th, 2022

@Misspenny

You’ll get through this, I believe in you-

Misspenny OP August 27th, 2022

Thank you , it typically is temporary. I see my doctors soon so hopefully they can give some guidelines.

confusedRaven6140 August 27th, 2022

@Misspenny

I feel you buddy. I've also struggled with sleep since I was a teenager. Stress tends to make it worse... but sometimes I just can't sleep for no discernible reason.

abby62210 August 29th, 2022

@Misspenny

Hey Misspenny,

I can imagine how tiring and worrying it is when having trouble sleeping, and it can feel even a bit helpless when it has nothing to do with how you feel that day. We all have gone through some insomnia syndrome from time to time. It can be quite common for us to experience it temporarily due to a variety of reasons.

It’s a good sign that you are aware of what makes you anxious at the moment. Awareness is always a good first step to tackling the real issue, even though I understand it can be a challenging journey for the person facing it.

There are some official tips from the NHS website, which could potentially help you cope better with insomnia: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/insomnia/

Hope things will go well for you soon!

jjessj181 September 1st, 2022

It sounds awful and all too familiar. I had this at the beginning of summer and it was unbearable as I went to work every morning. Fortunately, I found a way out. When I started taking sleeping pills from Canada Drugs, and for some time to do sports and spend the day actively, my insomnia disappeared. Maybe this is exactly what I needed - sports, to be more active