Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need your suggestions ASAP. Please

Cookiebake21 August 30th, 2019

Im back at school again. I hate it. Im around people who say they are my friends but it doesnt feel like it. I feel like Im gum stuck on their shoe that they have to carry around. Im panicking inside every time I have to even speak to them. I live with them and Im always in a state of unrest. Ive been told that Im a conversation killer by one of them and another has told me that they didnt like me not because of anything I did...but they just didnt like me. Later she said it was a joke. I never told either of them that this hurt me even though it was years ago. I spent my summer either in my room or at my internship. I felt safe. But now Im in school and one of them is here. The rest are yet to come from home. I have anxiety when its just me and one other person. I feel the need to entertain them. Make them happy. Feel useful to them. Im always scared that they hate me. They are tolerating me and that Im boring. I know I am but Im in my room that I share with her shaking and scared. I smile at them all the time. I try my best not to show...not to look more weak and useless...but Im scared. How do I make her happy...how do I make them all want me. Please help tell me something....anything...

quickwittedNest5808 August 30th, 2019

@Cookiebake21 Hi there! Sorry you had to go through all that. And thank you for sharing. First of all, honestly? YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAKE THEM HAPPY. You do not need to entertain them or please them. I understand it must be hard and it makes you feel anxious but please keep that in mind that you dont need to please them. What they told you years ago was very mean, but just remember she was joking so try to not think too much about it. So basically just be yourself in front of them and remind yourself that you dont have to entertain anyone. Maybe they should be the one entertaining you. I know its really tough but just go with the flow. If you feel to anxious around them maybe try going out for a walk and tell yourself its going to be okay. If you feel like something is off about them, then try to find new people to surround yourself with. if its all in your head and they arent mean people, just try to be positive about everything. I hope everything will be well for you.

adventurousBranch3786 August 30th, 2019

@Cookiebake21 I think that you are good enough as you are. Maybe you should try telling yourself this, and look for friends that appriciate you as you are.