Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I changed so much

basilcandle June 17th, 2020

So i just finished my first year of high school and i feel so alone and also so insecure about the future. I have been feeling way more anxious than i used to be 7 months ago and i started to accept these fears but i keep wondering why i started to be so and why i can t change back. Every person i know is so confident and is like making fun of this disorders and everytime i meet other people they treat me in a strange way and then everything about me feels so wrong. I isolated myself from everybody and i am barely speaking to my " best friends". I feel so alone in this and i am afraid i will be this lonely antisocial and scared person for the rest of my life. My plans seem pointless and many things i enjoyed one year ago don t make sense anymore. I don t know what to do...:)

Sorry, this is so long. Stay safe!< 3

perpetualfear June 17th, 2020

@basilcandle

I'm no social butterfly. My friends and I did basically separate after highschool. Your anxiety does happen. It's the questions of the future we struggle with. You have to be a bit brave. You need to take a step forward and from there make some friends some acquaintances. Whatever you will. You just need to be brave enough to try. This will help a bit. It doesn't mean you won't struggle with the anxiety. It just means you will have some direction and from there the world is open to you. You can move forward basil. We all can, it isn't easy but we all can move forward.

basilcandle OP June 18th, 2020

@perpetualfear

Thank you for your words<3. Everything seems so hard to deal with now but i will try to be braver and make these feelings go away somehow

resourcefulStrawberry959 June 18th, 2020

@basilcandle

I had a very similar experience where I became more anxious and closed off in the first year of high school. The first thing that I would tell you is that your feelings are valid, and I know looking around it feels like everyone else is more put together and confident, but everyone is struggling with something, you are not alone. In fact, people often make jokes about things they are struggling with in order to deflect or present the image of being fearless. The good news is that I can tell you from experience that things will not stay this way forever. It isn't always easy and there are times when I still struggle, but it gets easier over time as you find new ways to manage. I know that you said you don't enjoy the things that you used to, but there is a concept called behavioral activation which says that if we engage in productive, enjoyable activities even when we don't feel like it, it will actually make us feel much better in the long run. I know it's not easy, but putting yourself out there and getting involved with the things that you used to enjoy can really have a huge impact.

basilcandle OP June 18th, 2020

@resourcefulStrawberry959

Thank you for your support , strawberry! I really hope things will change soon and i am so happy i am not alone in this. <3