Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Father issues

Lightsout19 March 23rd, 2021

I have to ask for a favor to my father and it's the most awful and stressful thing because it feels like he just puts all the blame on me and seeing how he turned his life and it's living better and is giving his other son so much more than he's ever given to me and if I ask him something it's like he's doing it out of the goodness of his hear, I feel so humiliated I don't want to do it :(

jesus88 March 23rd, 2021

I understand exactly how you feel except only it's about my sister. I haven't been in contact with either my dad or sister and my life has been a tiny bit calmer but that's because I have other problems that I consider more important. Family isn't always blood. Family can sometimes be the reason for all of your suffering and there is nothing wrong with letting go at some point. It's called self respect and we all deserve it❤️

Lightsout19 OP March 26th, 2021

Thank you for words 🖤 I agree with you, family is not just blood and even though it's hard to let go, I'm trying to figure out a way to stop that toxic relationship. I hope your problems can be sorted out too~

Nomakhwezi March 25th, 2021

Hi @Lightsout19

I understand how you feel. I always approach such situations by always asking myself whats the ultimate worst thing that could happen if you ask? The answer would either be a yes or a no. If its a yes your problm will be sorted. If its a no you would feel rejected. But when you are rejected what is the ultimate worst thing that could happen? Too often we fear the unkown. Wishing you the best and I hope you come right

Hi @Nomakhwezi I think like that but I guess I focused too much on the worst that it gets me but then again that out of the comfort zone it's always hard. The situation has half-passed and I survived hehe thank you for your advice, have a nice day/night~

wyattsalisbury March 25th, 2021

@Lightsout19

I am so sorry you feel like this, i feel like this everyday but with my stepdad and its even worse with him, im constantly getting yelled at i always feel like im doing something wrong, and i just lay in my bed downstairs and TRY and think about what i am doing wrong i have yet to find out what it is, its at the point that one day their all gonna wake up and not see me ill be gone living with my closest friend. one thing to think about though is that even though you may feel like your dad is favoring his other son which is not right trust me i know how it feels i have 5 brothers and im the middle child and gay so thats even harder but you just gotta tell yourself, tommorow is a new day and i am NOT going to let my father ruin my day or feel worthless because you ARE NOT worthless you are loved by sooooooooo many people on here and your friends just dont let him put you down, some times you have to give your parents the cold shoulder because if you do that it will make them start to realise what they are doing wrong and hopefully your dad will start to treat you better and actually make you feel loved.

@wyattsalisbury Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope that you think of them whenever you are having a bad time with your family too, they're amazingly positive and beautiful ❤️

kindFish9215 March 26th, 2021

Covid-19 Anxiety

I am so anxious all the time because I'm uncertain about what the future holds for me. I know now that school for next year will be on campus which is good. But everything else I'm unsure about. I wish the pandemic is over. I miss my friends. I miss going out and doing things and just having a social life. i even just miss going to lectures and just meeting new people. I'm always just stuck at home and I'm really sad. My family is driving me insane because they're the only people that I see,

calmWishes2119 March 29th, 2021

I’m so sorry that you are struggling! I totally understand having a father give more to a sibling than to you! Have you considered sitting down and communicating to hurt to him? If you ever want to talk please don’t hesitate to message me! I’m here for you!