Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Panic attack?

C321 January 31st, 2017

I had an episode a couple years back the night before I had to give a presentation in front of judges for a scholarship application. I was crying and hyperventilating and my body started to tingle. This went on for probably 10 minutes until I could calm down. I am realizing now it could have been a panic attack? I am not sure if it was one or not. I havent experianced this since but I am just wondering if what I did experiance was a panic attack?

LotusFlower92 January 31st, 2017

@C321 it most certainly could've been! I know when I've had panic attacks, they'd come about with no warning which scared me, and I wouldn't be able to catch my breath. It literally felt like my heart was going to explode or stop and that I was going to have to go to the hospital, but I was fine after a few minutes which felt like hours. I remember my eyes were blood shot afterwards and I was exhausted. The tingling in the body is definitely a symptom. Sometimes we can get ourselves so worked up without even realizing it. I'm hoping you haven't had any more panic attacks since! <3