Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I want to be happy

Katscrytoo April 18th, 2018

It's been about six months since I've last talked to my best friend and ex boyfriend. I haven't had a good night sleep since then. They won't talk to me. They ask my other friend how I am instead of talking to me. My friend told me that my best friend said I was too much to handle and thata why they left. My ex boyfriend was my first love and I want him back in my life but I'm too scared to ask why he left. I have dreams of them both telling me it's my fault they left me. I miss them both. I miss them being in my life but I'm scared to know the truth. I don't know what to do.

SwingOfThings April 18th, 2018

@Katscrytoo

I didn't want to read and run. I'm not the best to offer advice on friendships as I have very few friends myself - the ones I do have are genuine and care about me. You are worth more than negative people - when someone shows you who they are, believe them. The person you thought they were wasn't necessarily who they really were - people can only wear a mask for so long before it slips.

Could you fill your time with a hobby where you can meet people? Surround yourself with people who make you happy? Eventually you may become happier and more confident in yourself and can offer a bright and breezy "Hello" to them in the street, which may diffuse any tension and get you talking again.

Two things I try to live by are "Don't waste your time one someone who won't waste theirs on you" and "Don't make someone a priority who only has you as an option".

Again though I'm a hopeless case :( hopefully someone else will come who can offer better advice.

Katscrytoo OP April 18th, 2018

@SwingOfThings

Thank you. I guess one of my issues is I'm too nice of a person to leave other people because I know what it feels like to be abandoned.

SwingOfThings April 18th, 2018

@Katscrytoo Feeling abandoned is hard to deal with. It's not until someone steps back that someone can feel that though - if you step back a little from them it would give them the chance to miss you, and you space to breathe and concentrate on yourself. Keep busy, do things that make you happy, be kind to yourself x

Katscrytoo OP April 18th, 2018

@SwingOfThings

The sad thing is they don't seem to miss me.

SarahGeorgeMA April 23rd, 2018

@Katscrytoo You seem such a genuine, emotional person who has a lot of love to give your loved ones.. but scarred to know the truth? hmm..wonder where's that insecurity coming from? Think about it

Katscrytoo OP April 23rd, 2018

@SarahGeorgeDCS

This isn't the first time people have left me. I don't want to know it's my fault they left because that means I'm worthless and replaceable.

SarahGeorgeMA April 25th, 2018

@Katscrytoo I can understand what makes you believe so...and you seem deeply hurt..I hope you will find a healing soon... im glad you're on the right platform ..we are all there to support you through this

@Katscrytoo i firmly believe that you feel that you are worthless and replaceable but that this is just your rational conclusion caused by the pain of abandonment.

It is not your fault that they left you but your emotional pain that either attracted the wrong persons for you and/or that turned them away.

But, again, not because you made great mistakes or because you are wrong, but because the emotional pain cause these automatic reactions.

What to do? Be more accepting and loving for yourself. Get aware that it is your pain causing you that. Be willing to work on your pain emotionally as a life goal and i am sure that at some point of your life you will become proud of yourself and happy about yourself and your relationships.