Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New To The Anxiety Support Community? Introduce Yourself Here!

Laura November 29th, 2014

Let us know more about you, what brings you to 7 Cups! We are glad you are here!

heartsNcupcakes September 5th, 2015

@justanothersmiletohideatear I think you will find a balance between them. Being happy all the time wouldnt make sense because then could we really understand happiness? It takes a balance of both and I believe with time you will get there. Its not hopeless!

SilentSpecter September 10th, 2015

Just wanted to drop in to assure you that you're not alone, your trust issues resonate with me personally. I was only able to trust two people in my life and after they eventually left I came to the unhealthy conclusion that no one is trustworthy, even the ones who seem to be at first. Though I know that's not helpful or true, it's still very tough to shake that thought out of my head in order to open up to people.

So basically, I feel you, and I hope your quality of life improves. Best of luck

Diaaax September 10th, 2015

Hello, I'm Daiana and i have a kind of complicated life right now. I have moved to a country and I can't really speak the language very well so I have this fear all the time that maybe I'll say something wrong, that maybe people will judge me and so on. It's so hard, I always think that people look at me and judge me and it's hard to even leave my house.. plus i'm missing my friends from the country i've lived in. It's like I can't start over with everything, I can't make new friends. It was hard to come and tell my story on 7 cups of tea, but i'm glad I did. I feel better now.

SilentSpecter September 10th, 2015

Hi, I'm Gene. Because of a huge depression after high school I lost my close-knit group of friends and took it extremely hard. 7 years later I haven't made a single friend due to anxiety but my old friends have come back into my life after learning I have Avoidant Personality Disorder and wasn't trying to ignore them on purpose. But now it's even harder to talk to them because so much time has passed and I'm extremely out of touch socially. (I spent the last 7 years alone) This is why I'm here, to maybe get a grip of socializing again and to learn to cope with the anxiety I feel when I talk to people.

Nice to meet you.

(This is basically a repost since I put it in the wrong thread before, sorry bout that. :p )

VM3176 September 10th, 2015

Hi, I'm Vanessa. I have been suffering from anxiety and depression now for 3 months now. It's never been this bad before. The anxiety I feel is all time high and I've feel like I've done everything. I'm finding a hard time just getting me time.

IttyBittyMunchkinKitty September 11th, 2015

Hello. I'm Samuel; I'm 24 and struggling with depression, general anxiety, and occasional gender dysphoria. I'm not so great with the introduction thing, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

heartsNcupcakes September 11th, 2015

@ittybittymunchkinkityy hai Samual! :3 i think your introduction was just fine and i hope you find the support youre looking for<3

IttyBittyMunchkinKitty September 11th, 2015

Thank you!

countfapula September 11th, 2015

I'm Angel, 25, and have been dealing with depression and anxiety among other things for as long as I can remember. I've taken major steps as far the healing process goes, but I always seem to end up back where I've started. I tend to see the good and the humor in everything and sometimes it feels like a weakness.

heartsNcupcakes September 11th, 2015

@countfapula Angel, Im very sorry to hear about your relapse. That doesnt mean you havent taken big strides and it doesnt mean youre regressing, it just might mean you trying a new approach, which you have by joining us here. Also i noticed often times when i relapse after making a lot of progress is because sometimes we arent doing things at our own pace or we're too hard on ourselves in terms of recovery and getting well quickly. It takes time and patience<3

countfapula September 11th, 2015

Thank you so much for your reply! It really means a lot to hear from someone who can relate, and actually has something to say that makes sense.

heartsNcupcakes September 18th, 2015

@countfapula No problem! Im so glad I was able to be of some assistance in any way <3

JeSuisMoi September 11th, 2015

Hi, I'm Katie.
I'm 18 and have been struggling with anxiety for the past five years.
I'm a hypochondriac (mostly focusing on heart/lung/throat/sinus problems) with a fear of choking, and I have trouble eating because of that.
I'm much better now than I was when I first developed anxiety, and I managed to recover to an extent....but I'm going through a relapse at the moment which I'm finding hard to bounce back from, and it's making my life way more difficult than it should be......I guess I just have good days and bad days, and just have to take everything one minute at a time.

September 11th, 2015

hey. i'm a girl teen and i have GAD. i drink meds for it. i hope i'm welcome here.. take care everyone

Brokenbuttrying213 September 11th, 2015

Hi I'm Aysia. I suffer from bipolar depression ptsd and severe social anxiety. So Um yeah. That's me

heartsNcupcakes September 14th, 2015

@Brokenbuttrying213 - thank you for sharing your illnesses with us. I understand how debilitating social anxiety is so feel free to join the anxiety support room from time to time, whether as an observer or a participant. You will be welcome with open arms and know you aren't alone. However, I see you've ended it there by saying "that's me". It most certainly is not you. You have to remember you have a personality outside your illnesses. A pleasure to meet you, Aysia. Hope to hear from you one day and get to know you as a person! That being said welcome to 7 Cups ~

Much love,

Luna.

akukri September 13th, 2015

Hi! I'm Hannah and I have social anxiety and depression.

I've been going through years of being isolated at home, not going to school and only going outside about once a month, sometimes less. For the last four years I've been terrified to leave the house, every time I would try I would suffer from panic attacks. Now, that paired with depression isn't a very good combination and lead to some seriously rough times. But earlier this year I asked to see a psychiatrist for the first time and to be put on medication.

The first time didn't go so well and I almost had a panic attack after being asked a few questions, then I was given medicine to try for the month. The medicine made my depression worse so I went back the following month and asked for something else.

And oh boy, did that make a difference. I visited my older sisters school for the first time in years, and holy crap. It felt like my anxiety was still their but it was just so muffled. Like someone put a giant blanket over the fear of being around people and I was ecstatic. I even met people! And I didn't have any panic attacks and wow, it was so different and I still feel so good about it all.

Now, my depression. That still affects me and even today I had some rough patches with it, but I'm trying.

I'm trying to get better and to be more social and to get the help that I need.

But man, things are looking up! :)

@akukri - I think its wonderful that you've made so much progress. And Im wishing you the best of luck with your recovery from depression and you will continue to grow and learn. <3Just remember the key to making consistent and steady progress is having patience with ones self and remembering that its okay to be completely where you want to be yet.

Just know that I believe in your success and I would love to chat with you sometime if you ever need a listener to talk to. Welcome to the community, Hannah.

Much love, Luna.

oliveRaspberries2513 September 14th, 2015

Hi my name is Lisa, I have health anxiety and depression and OCD. I was recently diagnosed a few months ago. I am struggling every day and I am currently on zoloft for a week now and Ativan which I had to take almost every morning to function still trying to not beat myself up for having to take the Ativan which I have decreased to half. I am not stabilized yet so my pdoc will check in with me a few weeks from now. All in all just scared and freaked out by this illness. My life has been turned upside down! Stopped working for few months now, still can't be alone in my home all day etc. just very sad every day. I have panic attacks but seems like increase of zoloft it doesn't come all day long like before. But still depressed and wonder when I will ever recover

Im so sorry to hear that Heather. I was just reading a book on a young woman your age going through the same thing. I dont know if you like to read but if youre interested. Its called Finding Audrey but Sophie Kinsella. Very good read and Im sure youll be able to relate and look at things in a new light. Sending positive vibes your way.

Also feel free to reach out to listeners on the teens side, join a chatroom, or read some of the self help guides. ~ <3

Best wishes,

Luna

marianac22 September 14th, 2015

Hi I'm Mariana :-) I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for about a year now. I'm trying to get through it.

heartsNcupcakes September 16th, 2015

While under unfortunate circumstances, we're glad to have you here! Also glad that youre on your journey to recovery. <3

If you need any type of support we're always here!

samwisegamgee September 14th, 2015

Hey everyone,

My name's Lou and I have anxiety, OCD (Pure O) and I'm currently suffering with depersonalization and derealization.

I've had anxiety and OCD for about 3 years but this year it got pretty bad and I've been up down since then. I'm so tired of feeling so bad all the time and I just want to get better but it feels impossible sometimes...

I came to 7cups because of all of this and it's been really nice to just talk to people who are going through similar things to me. I want to get better and start living my life.

I'm here to get support and help support others in any way I can.

th3commonc0ld September 16th, 2015

Hi!

I suffer from severe social anxiety. 7 cups of tea has helped me come out of my shell.

heartsNcupcakes September 16th, 2015

@th3commonc0ld Im so glad that youve found an outlet that suites you! So wonderful to hear that 7 Cups had something to do with you being able to work on your social anxiety. Wishing you all the success in continuing to make progress with your social anxiety. <3

yelle22 September 16th, 2015

Hello - I'm 24 and new to 7 cups.. a little nervous over here! I'm not used to talking about my problems to anyone because they either don't take me seriously or think I'm being overly dramatic. I put on a front of joking around a lot and having a strong, carefree personality.. but in reality I swear I worry about the littlest things and they seem to consume my whole life.

About 4 years ago, I suffered from a short period, about 6 months, of severe anxiety that was also paired with depression. Once I was out of the situation, I thought I would do a complete 180 and feel like a brand new person. Instead, I'm left with anxiety.. though never as bad as those 6 months..

I just need someone to talk to that doesn't tell me "just get over it... let it go... move on". if only it were that easy.

heartsNcupcakes September 19th, 2015

I just need someone to talk to that doesn't tell me "just get over it... let it go... move on". if only it were that easy.

4 Reply

Posted by @yelle22 - Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:44 PM

Hey there, Yelle. Welcome to 7 Cups of Tea. I understand how hard it must have been for you to share your story with us here but you did it so you should give yourself a lot of credit for that. You're reaching out to a support site which is another big step forward. I can totally relate to putting on a confident facade to hide the anxiety that can sometimes engulf us. Ive also dealt with the stigma surrounding anxiety. Loved ones telling me that its no big deal, to get over it. Minimizing the problem. Im very sorry to hear that you havent had the most supportive of loved ones in terms of your anxiety and depression. Here you will find endless support. Feel free to connect to a listener one-on-one, or join the Anxiety Support Chat Room. No pressure though, I just feel that you deserve to be heard and taken seriously.

Much love,

Luna ~

tinyburrows September 17th, 2015

hello, I'm a woman in my early twenties suffering from anxiety, depression, and PTSD.. it's not the most delightful combination in the world.

I do horribly with being alone, and I spend roughly 11 hours alone at night while my fiance works the graveyard shift. I have routine panic attacks thinking that something awful is going to happen and I am constantly on edge. I already have sleeping problems, and now I am terrified to sleep when I'm alone and it's nighttime. my anxiety has steadily gotten worse, and I'm now considering that I might finally need to try medicine.

I'm not sure how many people will read this, but I just want to feel less alone I guess.

rebelflame September 19th, 2015

Hugs tinyburrows. We are listening and reading your post. Im sorry that you feel amxiety. Try grounding. Hold on to,your chair. Breathe slowly with purpose amd remind yourself that you are safe and sound and in the present.

wma12 September 17th, 2015

Hi,

I am new to this group and am searching for a community who understands. I suffer from bipolar disorder type 2, anxiety and depression. I really just need help in seeing reasons to get out of bed.

bwmimi1 September 18th, 2015

So, uh, I'm Sarah.....I have GAD and slight social anxiety. I really like bands and am learning French. That's uh.......kind of it I guess. frown

MahouKid September 18th, 2015

Hi. I have GAD and existential anxiety.

TranscendentalSubterfuge September 18th, 2015

Hello, my name is Hilda, but you can call me Hillie :) I suffer from depression, anxiety, and Borderline Personality Disorder which has been likened to having "emotional burns scars." I am here to talk about what I am working on with these issues overall and my progress on them as well as my day-to-day struggles. I like meeting new people but I often feel rejected easily, I love getting nice messages, but I don't always respond. I like all of you and I'm proud of all of you for working so hard! Keep it up! I hope to make a lot of progress here too!

MeteorShower September 19th, 2015

Hi!

I have a little bit of social anxiety, but I get serious anxiety from watching the news. That probably sounds weird but it's true. I want to help people with their anxiety. I'm here for you <3

heartsNcupcakes September 19th, 2015

@MeteorShower Hey! Welcome to the 7 Cups community. Theres absolutely nothing weird with having anxiety when the news is on. In fact I know a lot of people (myself included) that get anxious when watching the news.

I hope you find the support, tools, and outlet you need here<3

Rocket2015 September 19th, 2015

My panic attacks started when I was very young, probably around six or seven. I can remember a few of my full blown ones, but I can't exactly pin point when they started, exactly. My earliest recollection was when we were at my family's favorite restaurant. The actual attack is all I can remember; suddenly I began to tear up, and I clamped my mouth shut and covered it instinctively. I started to gag, like when a doctor or dentist activates the gag reflex in the back of your throat, but uncontrollably. Even with these symptoms, I felt like I was floating outside my body, watching myself freak out. The only thing I could think was that I needed to get out, NOW. I ran into the bathroom and began to drink from the faucet (I don't know why, but it helped).

My parents were incredibly embarrassed. They kept asking me why I did that. I didn't know what had just happened, and the only way I could describe it to them was "I'm choking." This happened several more times when we ate out, and my parents never believed me, even if I tried to explain to them what I felt, and that it was real. We would come home and they would yell at me, angry, to "stop it right now," and "You're just looking for attention."

I took the hint. I stopped talking about, stopped telling them anything really. I refused to go out to eat, and if forced, would simply refuse to eat, even if I was starving. I had to leave the annual father-daughter square dances early every year because I would usually have an attack. I just told my dad I didn't feel well and we left. I never went to a full one. My parents were annoyed, but at least I didn't have any attacks in front of them. Later, they would begin to poke fun at me. Even my siblings joined in.

"Hey," they would say, "Remember when you did that thing! Here, they would put their hands up to their necks, a-la universal choking gesture, and wheeze out a "I'm choking!! their eyes rolling back into their heads. "...And then you would run into the bathroom and begin to drink from the faucet!" Cue laughter.

Hilarious.

I would smile and say nothing. After all, they had to be right. Wasn't it all, as mom put it, Just in my head?? I was being ridiculous. No one else had this happen to them. I carried water (the only thing that helped) with me everywhere; until my mom scolded me for "Carrying water around like a baby" Then I kept them hidden. If coat's pockets were too small, I'd soak a tissue with water, and carry that with me. We still find little 'petrified' clumps in my old clothes today.

I suffered through this quietly for years, until I hit sophomore year of high school. By then, I was eating out at restaurants, but had fallen into a routine. Find bathroom, order WATER, get food, pick at it until panic symptoms begin to appear. Stop eating; spend rest of dinner attempting to calm down. I grew tired of my routine. What was wrong with me?? I began to Google my symptoms until I came across a thread on panic attacks. With further research, I began to realize it sounded a whole lot like what I was going through. I told my mom, and while she seemed interested, she still didnt seem to fully believe me.

But it was real! I wasnt pretending. I still struggle with it today; I just learned to control it better!

Oh…okay.

The summer before my senior year, my control began to slip. Water wasnt as effective. I spent some car rides home sipping water and trying not to fall into a full blown attack. The summer before my freshman year at college, things REALLY escalated. I had the worst attack Ive had in years, without going into a full attack, while zip lining. I had to bail on something I had done before and enjoyed, and that my parents had spent good money on. Worse, it didnt follow the same pattern as usual, where it was caused by eating out. For the rest of the family vacation, I struggled. I took several trips to the bathroom at restaurants to try to calm down. I didnt eat even if I was hungry. I couldnt even look at the food or smell it without issues. I was not okay until I went back to the condo. Upon our return, I found I wasnt hungry anymore. I would eat half my meals, and skip breakfast (and sometimes lunch). I had to bring water on my runs because I was having problems. Driving was terrifying- the minute I walked out of the house, it felt like something was pushing on the back of my throat, my mouth was dry, and my heart raced. Enough was enough. I finally discussed my issues with my doctor, and she was able to diagnose me with anxiety. Although she prescribed seeing a therapist, I wasnt able to see one until the very end of the summer. My therapist diagnosed me with panic disorder. We had two sessions together before I had to leave for college, and she left the practice. Outside of my family and former therapist, only two of my friends know that I have panic disorder, and only because they also struggle with anxiety.

Now Im a freshman at college, and while things are easier, they still arent great. Eating in the dining halls is terrifying, but probably good for me. Its like eating in restaurant 3 times a day, every day. I eat by myself, I eat very little, and I eat 2-3 times a day. Its not easy, but hopefully it will get easier with time.

inventiveShade9606 September 19th, 2015

Aw! stupid software won't let me paste what I wrote and copied out of my journal. It's too much to rewrite! 7 Cups finds more ways to frustrate and block a person than... I don't know what!

Jcoteaca88 September 19th, 2015

I'm a 27 yr old supervising counselor inside one of the largest jails in the nation. I do substance abuse counseling for incarcerated men. I'm a child of an alcoholic and I'm just recently starting to understand how that's affected me. I moved from my home town about 3 years ago to go to grad school and ended up staying for work.

I'm dealing with constant feelings of inadequacy & guilt and I thinks it's turning into depression. I've never sought help from someone other than friends, and my partner is of no help anymore for me. He tells me simply to "go talk to someone". I'm not sure what my best option(s) is/are at this point.

rebelflame September 21st, 2015

Jcoteaca8 if this space to talk isnt enough ty talkspace its another app. A pay app with professional counselors that you text. They respond twice a day and have been very helpful in getting me through some alcoholic parental issues. If not. Hugs. You are a strong woman and you are adequate in all ypu do.

robjoseph September 19th, 2015

Hi,I'm Rob, an Englishman living in Germany with a couple of cats.

I'm diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder, Intrusive Thoughts, and PTSD. Due to these problems, I suffer from social anxiety and prefer to be alone.

I normally go quite a few days without talking to anyone and am looking for a Psychotherapist here in Germany to help me out.

Until then, I thought I'd just say hello here.