Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New To The Anxiety Support Community? Introduce Yourself Here!

Laura November 29th, 2014

Let us know more about you, what brings you to 7 Cups! We are glad you are here!

KLM3278 April 22nd, 2017

@Crazykat1984 Is Kat your real name or nickname? :)

Crazykat1984 April 23rd, 2017

@KLM3278

It's a shortened form of my first name.

KLM3278 April 24th, 2017

@Crazykat1984 I like it!! :)

amandafancypants87 April 21st, 2017

Hello there, my name is Amanda. I struggle with anxiety, and have since I was a teenager on and off. Sometimes I feel like Im doing well, and other times I dont really feel like I see up from down. I feel like my anxiety hinders me from being at my best.

KLM3278 April 22nd, 2017

@amandafancypants87 Hi. It's nice to meet you! :)

Theora April 22nd, 2017

Hello world!

You can call me Theora, I'm 21 years old (female) and recently I've been finding myself dealing with more anxiety than I'd like...I'm feeling kind of alone lately in handling it and so I figured I'd try reaching out a little bit. I've known about 7 Cups for a long time, but this is the first time I've made any sort of appearance. So hi! I hope to find some support here.

KLM3278 April 22nd, 2017

@Theora Hi, Theora. It's nice to meet you!! :)

Genevieve123 April 23rd, 2017

Hi Everyone, I am Gen. I havent really been here much but I should have considering anxiety is my main issue - along with my double degree in worry!! It been quite difficult today and so I plan to pop in here a lot more and see how it goes

Thanks

G x

NothingGold April 28th, 2017

@Genevieve123 Pop in anytime, welcome! Stop by the daily check-in to let us know how you're doing. :)

April 23rd, 2017

Hi I am new on 7 cups and looking to get as much help / support as I can get. Have had a terrible couple of years where a key personal relationship broke down and I have ended up feeling lost, betrayed, weak and lacking self esteem. I am 38 and mum to a wonderful boy - generally and usually very confident - but really struggling at the moment due to the events of the last couple of years. Mentally and emotionally, but also physical syptoms such as chest pain, stress, panic etc.

jollystrawb April 23rd, 2017

@JBose hey there welcome to 7cups <3

SphinxWing April 23rd, 2017

Hey, I'm Shay. I've been struggling a lot with social anxiety since I was around 13, and it has gotten worse in the last 6-8 months. I'd really like to get some help since because of my anxiety, it makes it really hard for me to make friends, and I hate not having friends or anyone to talk to.

jollystrawb April 23rd, 2017

@SphinxWing hey Shay, I'm here for u if u want. Just PM me

Sam030 April 23rd, 2017

Hi, I'm Sam. I've been struggling with Anxiety for a while now, but never really admitted it to myself... I would love to be able to talk to others who understand as I feel so lonely and find it hard to talk to people about mental health.

Gilmore2 April 24th, 2017

Hello my name is mo. I have horrible anxiety and wake up often with butterflies in my stomach for no reason it's becoming worse

SpaceDuck April 25th, 2017

Hello, I'm a mom with a toddler and another baby on the way and I'm having a rough go of things. Thanks in advance to listening to my whining and freak out moments.

@SpaceDuck Feel free to vent about mommy-anxieties and any other ones too! Being a mom is no easy job!

Let us know how you're doing in the daily check-ins or the forums. Nice to meet you! :)

IAmSherlocked123 April 26th, 2017

Hi everyone! I'm Sherlocked123 and I have some experience with anxiety.

twentysomething27 April 26th, 2017

Hello everyone,

My name is Ashley, and I am 22 years old. I have had anxiety since I was 10, and have only accepted it in the last two years. I still struggle pretty badly, but I am moving towards learning to handle it in better ways, and hopefully reduce it.

sorry1522 April 27th, 2017

I'm new here and I deal with anxiety

sail46 April 27th, 2017

I have always had anxiety issues, but in February it seemed to get worse. I found 7 Cups and with the resources available and positive support I have been able to start getting my anxiety under control and I am moving in the right direction.

@sail46 So glad that 7cups is helping you, I feel the same way! :) Let's keep spreading some goodness around.

Chloe128 April 27th, 2017

Hi, I'm Chloe and I'm 16 years old. I've had problems with anxiety since I was around 13 years old and depression for around a year and a half. Since anxiety is my main problem I thought I'd introduce myself here. It's slowly getting worse and I just can't cope anymore, I miss like 3 school days every week due to physically not being able to go in due to panic and worry. GCSE exams start very soon and I'm so scared my anxiety will ruin any chance of getting decent grades. Any tips would be appreciated?

Sunshinecity April 28th, 2017

Hi I'm sunshinecity and I have anxiety.

CaringTeresa May 8th, 2017

@Sunshinecity Welcome to the anxiety support forum. I am glad you have reached out. :)

jason2855 April 28th, 2017

hi I'm Isaac and i have always got a little anxiety but lately it got much worse cause I'm dealing with some school issues.

adaptableCup5703 April 28th, 2017

Hi,

I'm ending my first year of college & I think I got worse. I don't want to say I have anxiety because idk. I am fully aware that everything is in my head but I feel like I have no control over what I do/feel. It's weird. I walk around school looking down because I feel like no one would want to talk to me or everyone hates because I am a good person to hate. I feel like there's two different people in me. I feel like person one tells me everything is going to be okay. To stop over analyzing everything and to calm down because what I think is not actually what is going on. Person one is fully aware that everything is in my head. But then there is person two. Person two is the exact opposite of person one. Person two controls me physcially. In my mind person one is calming myself down. Person one is saying "Hey don't cry, it's okay. You're okay. But person two controls what I do. Person two makes me cry. Person two makes me hyperventilate, makes my mouth dry, makes me want to hide myself from the world. Person two has full control over me and I just feel so stuck. Then I think about everything that I just said and tink tha I'm just stupid and I shouldn't be feeling like this. But I feel stuck and I don't feel like myself anymore.

NothingGold May 9th, 2017

@adaptableCup5703 Hey, welcome! You did a great job of talking about how you're feeling - you've really figured out what's going on inside you. That's good! I think college years are very stressful for anyone, and it sounds like you're having some trouble with it all. There are a lot of us who feel stuck or feel like we're battling one part of ourselves against another.

Keep talking, try to find a good listener or participate in some of the forums. :) Good luck!

willingTiger8849 April 28th, 2017

Hello! I deal with panic attacks and anxiety. I recently joined and love to hear how others cope😊

May 7th, 2017

@willingTiger8849 hey! Welcome to 7 cups of tea. I'm glad to see that you're taking a step and reaching for help.

gracefulCloud24 April 29th, 2017

Hi, Im Cloud! I suffer from anxiety in general, but also suffer from social anxiety when I am in big groups.

Stardust11 May 5th, 2017

@gracefulCloud24 Hi cloud! Same here blush

Sunshinecity April 29th, 2017

Hey hey,

I'm new to this forum but I have anxiety, love art, memes, cats, and camping. Hope everyone is having a good night!

Crazykat1984 May 2nd, 2017

@Sunshinecity

Hi! I like camping & cats too!

Bea12 April 30th, 2017

Hi, I'm new to 7 cups and just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I've struggled with anxiety for several years, and am happy to be here and get to know some people who have been through similar situations :)

May 5th, 2017

@Bea12 hey! Welcome to 7 cups.

Ellieelissa May 1st, 2017

Hello, My name is Elissa. I've always had anxiety, and sometimes it comes out in stuttering as well, that can be embarassing. Its nice to meet you.

May 7th, 2017

@Ellieelissa Hey Elissa! Nice to mert you too. Please check out my profile and we can talk.

Lullycacti May 1st, 2017

Hi, I just got into 7 cups and I'm quite excited to start knowing people and all. I've got anxiety since... Forever? Feels like that anyway. I've been struggling with my mental health quite a lot but always kept things okay. I just wanna find people who understand how I feel for once. ^^

I love art and try to work in the art industry later, drawing and writing really help everyday.

May 7th, 2017

@Lullycacti Hey! Welcome to 7 cups of tea. Its a really good place with compassionate listeners who are there for you.