Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Transitions

leannescarlett July 27th, 2023

Hi there.

I completely forgot I had this app. Been using the Crisis Text Line way to much and not in crisis. Just need to vent

I have been in this transition program. Young Adult Transition Study Center in Northern Idaho and Just transitioned to Phase 2. I made such great connections in Phase one and have attachment issues. I got attached to people who are at phase 1, staff member wise. The student population will move down to phase 2 in these next 2-3 months. It’s so hard being some where new . I still have my same therapist. And a couple staff who go back and forth between the phases . They aren’t here today.

Even though it took me a while to get adjusted to phase 1, im having trouble with the transition .

FrenchMarbles July 29th, 2023

@leannescarlett

Hi there,

I'm delighted you reached out to vent and share what you're going through. This transition to Phase 2 in the Young Adult Transition Study Center has been quite challenging for you. Transitions can be tricky, especially when we've formed strong connections with people in a previous phase. It's normal to feel a sense of attachment to those individuals and staff members supporting you.

Moving into a new phase can bring about a mix of emotions and uncertainties, and understandably, you might find it difficult to adjust to this change. It's okay to take your time to adapt and process these new surroundings and the different dynamics in Phase 2.

Having a familiar therapist is undoubtedly valuable during this adjustment period, but I can imagine that the absence of some staff members you've grown close to can add to the sense of unease. Remember, it's alright to feel this way, and it's essential to acknowledge and validate your emotions.

Sometimes, change can be overwhelming, but it can also present opportunities for growth and new connections. As you continue this journey, be patient and gentle with yourself. Allow yourself the space to navigate through this transition at your own pace.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need to vent or share your thoughts again. There are people here to listen and support you during this process. Take care, and remember that you're not alone in what you're going through.

my-project-1_1690649438.jpg

leannescarlett OP July 29th, 2023

Thank you so much. yeah, it’s been rough but doing it. I’ve forced myself to try and get out of the house a lot , even though it’s been hard. Being in walking distance from a lot of stuff helps. I’m going home for the first time since Easter. Looking forward to visiting. Once I get back … that’s when I’ll start my job. I still am unsure about being in phase 2. Just wanna try and do things on my own. It’s just too scary to follow through with what I want .

FrenchMarbles July 29th, 2023

@leannescarlett What do you think you want? If you don't mind me asking? Deep question, I know xD

my-project-1_1690651286.jpg