Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Evening Anxiety

RhysThe3rd July 11th, 2023

As the title suggests I have a reocurring anxiety during the evening. This feeling can range from severe anxiety to which I'm forced to contact my friend for support or mild anxiety that kept me from sleeping untill midnight.

I've tried to wrap my head around this dilemma for a long time and i just don't quite know what causes it. What i do know though is speculations that : perhaps i was afraid that my life will be short and that sleeping will take away 8 hours of my life, perhaps it was my past mistakes and traumas coming back to haunt me when i was less distracted.

Would like to hear if you guys share a similiar experience with me so that we can discuss it.

ASilentObserver July 12th, 2023

@RhysThe3rd It sounds like this reoccurring anxiety during the evenings has been difficult and troubling for you. That sounds difficult. How does the anxiety show up for you? What kinds of things do you normally do to cope when these feelings arise?

RhysThe3rd OP July 12th, 2023

At first I felt a sense of discomfort in my chest and then it was followed with my breathing becoming sporadic. As for my coping strategy i do a kapalbrathi meditation, but if i feel like it's too much to handle i'll call a friend to vent whatever is on my mind.

ASilentObserver July 26th, 2023

@RhysThe3rd I'm sorry to hear you experienced discomfort and sporadic breathing. Those feelings can be unsettling. How did sharing with your friend help ease your mind? I'm glad you found a coping strategy that has worked for you in the past.