Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

BADLY NEED OF ADVICE

mededicatedstudent January 24th

It has been six years since I have ghosted people who were once very close to me. When I started college, it only took two years before I started to do it again, but this time to my block mates. There is nothing wrong with them, and I have no problem with them, but sometimes I cannot control how I feel. Suddenly, I would feel down and distance myself from everyone. I would not feel like talking or being with anyone, and it would continue for a few weeks until I couldn't be with them anymore. Even if I feel fine, I just can't get myself to talk to them or even reply to their messages. It's just embarrassing to approach them again, when I've gone cold on them. I know it's not fair to them, and I want to talk to them, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

When I'm relaxed, I sometimes get overwhelmed by a sudden wave of unease or anxiety. It feels as though anyone could set me off, and I'm on edge waiting for someone to make a wrong move. Even the smallest mistake can trigger a strong emotional response from me, and I feel like I'm about to snap. It's been happening more frequently lately, and I'm unsure how to cope with it. Maybe I need to seek help from a doctor or a mental health professional to get better. However, I'm worried about the cost and the stigma associated with seeking help, and I'm not sure how to navigate the system.

going to therapy or consulting a doctor is expensive, and the healthcare system in my country is poor.

Jem7Cups January 27th

Hi @mededicatedstudent 😊

I totally get where you're coming from. It can be super tough to deal with mental health stuff, especially when money and the fear of judgment are in the picture. But listen, your well-being should always come first. Have you thought about checking out local organisations or clinics that might offer more affordable or even free mental health services? Some colleges and universities even provide counselling at no charge to students. It might be worth looking into these options to find the support you need. Just remember, asking for help shows real bravery and is a big step towards taking care of yourself and growing as a person. You’ve got this 🙏🏻

mededicatedstudent OP January 27th

@Jem7Cups, in my opinion, I don't believe that the university offers adequate counseling services, and I'm uncomfortable being around them. I have zero trust in the HCP there because I've witnessed how toxic their behavior can be. As a student at a medical institute, this is concerning.