Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Aging Up Support Request - We are here for you!

Hope January 29th, 2020

Click here to visit Uptown!

Hi Teen Land! I hope you all have been doing well. A few days ago we relaunched our teen transitioning mentor role to have a group dedicated mentors that will support our teens through the period of transition. A big part of the teen transitioning mentor role will be supporting the teens through the Aging Up Support Request system.

Here is how it works!

If you are a teen who is aging up within a year or less and you need support with the transition period, you can submit this form. The form takes less than 5 mins to fill and allows us to get the information we need to be of support to you.

The form can also be used to request support on behalf of a fellow listener or member who you feel needs support. This is a way for us to work together and ensure all teens feel supported during this transition period.

One the form is submitted, you/they will be contacted within 3 days by a teen transitioning mentor. The mentor will work with you to ensure you are ready for the transition along with answering any questions you may have.

The Transitioning Mentor Request form is used for the purpose of preparing for the transition and being supported through the transition that happens when a teen account moves to the adult side on a user's 18th birthday. If you wish to receive support in matters relating to turning 18 in regards to anything outside of 7 Cups, as well as support with any personal matters, please reach out to a listener from your member account. You deserve support through the transition ahead, and there are many listeners with experience here to support you during this transition.

In order to ensure that we are focusing on those who are active and aging up soon we request you to follow the following guidelines when submitting a support request:

You are eligible to request transitioning support when you are aging up within a year or less. Of course, you can reach out to the Transitioning Mentors even before via PM to ask any questions you may have but the form is for those who are aging up soon.

If you do not respond to our mentor within 3 days your request will be closed. You can make another request when you are ready for support.

mailOpen form heremail

Image result for support

Also, all are invited to visit group support chatrooms: www.7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php and Teen Only Zone Community: www.7cups.com/home/teens

This post is brought to you by the Teen Transitioning Program. Please read about it here.

Karrot January 29th, 2020

@Hope

This sounds amazing <3

Robin7cups January 29th, 2020

@Hope awesome! :D

so you only fill it a month before?

GrahZeymahzin January 29th, 2020

@Robin7cups

Right!! Though you can reach out to one of us by pm before then if you wanted still!!

Robin7cups January 29th, 2020

@GrahZeymahzin as in even before one month? :o

let's say I turn 18 in 6 months when do I contact you?

GrahZeymahzin January 29th, 2020

@Robin7cups

For some it might take longer to prepare, so that's up to you when to reach out and start that process of preparing, we just say 1 month is when we say is closer to the aging up birthday and would be when you could fill out the form indicating needing priority in preparing

soulsings February 2nd, 2020

Hi @Robin7cups. My name is soulsings, a Teen Transitioning mentor. I agree with Grah that each person is unique.

One thing I suggest to teens in after their 17th birthday is to start to reach to out to ATLs and develop acquaintances and or friendships so when you do transition you have contacts made already. It could make the transition less stressful and your entry into the 18+ community more joyful.

lavinia03 December 8th, 2020

@soulsings how can i apply for that

soulsings December 9th, 2020

@lavinia03 here is the link to the form to apply for mentoring about aging up https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ajQAvF7JLprIVW68CxAJR6Gpp9RtkbsR0TE3WmlNLJM/viewform?edit_requested=true#start=invite

Kassy7cups January 29th, 2020

This is cool!

Kamyah1 February 28th, 2020

@Hope

Thank you 7 Cups. But, do I have to move to the adult side? I don't really understand some adult problems....

MistyMagic February 28th, 2020

@Kamyah1 Hi Yes, I am afraid that everyone when they reach 18 get swapped to the over 18 (Oldie) side of 7Cups. You can doa few things like Hope says, apply for ATL a month before and then you will be able to still talk to teens. Let me know if you need any help with this.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Kamyah1 February 28th, 2020

@MistyMagic

soulsings March 1st, 2020

@Kamyah1 hi there. It is helpful to have a friend or two on adult side so knowing ATLs or Teen Transitioning Mentors can help. Feel free to PM me.

benevolentNight1375 December 24th, 2020

Same me too

soulsings December 24th, 2020

@benevolentNight1375 I hear you. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

gracefulVoice9463 March 2nd, 2020

@Hope I would definitely like some support when transitioning smiley

MistyMagic March 2nd, 2020

@gracefulVoice9463 We are here for you and you can apply for a transitioning mentor too here

mail Open form here

Listening - One Step At A Time!

gracefulVoice9463 March 2nd, 2020

@MistyMagic thank you i did smiley

Salvato0 March 4th, 2020

Cool

MunchkinInsurance March 27th, 2020

@Hope

soulsings March 27th, 2020

@MunchkinInsurance hi there. Glad to hear aging up. Let me know if questions.

Xarveliska April 3rd, 2020

@Hope

It says on my profile that I should age up, but I won't turn eighteen? I'm only turning 15 this year? I'm really confused.

GrahZeymahzin April 3rd, 2020

@Xarveliska

hey hey!! You probably put the wrong birthday on your account when you created it, you can email community@7cups.com with proof of age which is usually 2 social media handles or a government issued id and they can get your birthday switched for you 💜

Xarveliska April 4th, 2020

@GrahZeymahzin

Xarveliska April 4th, 2020

@GrahZeymahzin

I'm sure when I made my account I put in 2005. Is there any other way to fix this? Thank you so much for the advice though :)

GrahZeymahzin April 4th, 2020

@Xarveliska

sorry but there is not another option for this, you do need to reach out to the email given community@7cups.com using whatever email that you use for your account to give proof of age, they will not be able to correct it otherwise 💜

magicalBraveheart537 April 5th, 2020

Transformation from liberty to maturity is the best time and is known for itself

magicalBraveheart537 May 1st, 2020

@Hope thank you so much

magicalBraveheart537 May 1st, 2020

Would you like to go out for a few hours and help others on birth day

itsnotjade May 15th, 2020

Could I perhaps stay on the teen side for another year? I enjoy counselling teens and I know a lot of adults would rather speak with someone older instead of a 19 year old.

GrahZeymahzin May 15th, 2020

@itsnotjade

Hey Jade! We sadly cannot change what day you age up on, as you would have to transition to the adult side on your 18th birthday. If you would like to be able to continue supporting teens, you can do so by going through the process of becoming an ATL. This is an adult who has been approved to work with teens. You can read more about the requirements/criteria and apply here. You can also feel free to message any of the teen transitioning mentors if you wish to talk about the transition and how you can prepare for this time. heart https://www.7cups.com/forum/ListenerLearningJourney_149/TeenListenersOnlyClub_98/ApplytobeanAdultTeenListenerHereUpdated_214321/

RhoenH June 10th, 2020

You guys say my birthday is coming up soon, but it's not coming up till about 6 months. Why is that? Did I enter the wrong birthday when I first started out more than 5 years ago?

Listeningsarinn June 10th, 2020

@William202

heya wiliam yeah You probably put the wrong birthday on your account when you created it, you can email community@7cups.com with the email you use for your account and send them the proof for your true birthday date which can be a scan of a goverment issued id or two social media handles ^^

soulsings June 10th, 2020

@William202 one thing I see a lot is some people use this format for date 6-10-2020 and some people say today is 10-6-2020

Both are correct but can easily lead to confusion.

July 1st, 2020

@Hope

excuse me ,please look at your emails. I need a letter of confirmation of community service hours pls

brightPerspective3802 July 6th, 2020

@Hope

What exactly happens after the transition is complete?

soulsings July 6th, 2020

@brightPerspective3802 the immediate effect (unless you are an Adult Teen Listener) is you can only reach out to teens you know in forums since adults are not allowed in 1-1s and discussions with teens unless they are an ATL Adult Teen Listener. Many teens apply to be ATL while they are still teens so they can keep in contact with teens they know.

As a listener, you can take 1-1s with an 18+ and you may encounter issues that you do not find as a teen listener. It helps to have a transition teen mentor or an ATL that you can talk to and have as a person you can reach out for support and friendship.

For more detailed questions, feel free to PM me http://7cups.com/@soulsings or reply to this message.

iwanttobreathe July 26th, 2020

@Hope

this is so cute and wholesome :')

GIDGET2021 September 1st, 2020

so I'm not aging up to an adult so I don't know why I am getting this

GrahZeymahzin September 2nd, 2020

@GIDGET2021

hey hey Gidget! I'm assuming by your message that you have been seeing the aging up banner. Is this correct? If you are seeing the banner, but you are not yet turning 18, then you probably put in the wrong birthday when you made your account. To fix this, you can send an email to community@7cups.com with 2 proofs of age, such as social media handles so that they can verify your age, and get it fixed on your profile 💜 if your not seeing the banner, but just able to see this post, this is normal and wouldn't mean that there is anything wrong as anyone would be able to see this post 💜