Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Academy Central Support Thread! Go to thread for academy questions

Hope July 20th, 2022

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. It is common to have questions regarding your academy program journey. It can be challenging to wait for a response so to provide speedy support, we have decided to have this one central thread where all academy trainees/interns can ask questions related to their academy journey.

Here is how to get support!

Respond to this thread with your question(s) and the program you are enrolled in. Remember, more information is better than less information. Provide context where needed so you can get speedy answers.

Who can respond to the questions?

Academy mentors, graduates, and even trainees if they are sure of the answer! Feel free to support each other and provide tips!

_1658325055.image.png

Make sure to keep an eye on your notifications so you can check the thread for answers. You can expect an answer within 24-30 hours.

This post is brought to you by the 7 Cups Academy Team, find out more information about the programs here

HavenonEarth September 24th, 2022

@Hope

I swear, I just had 25 instances of forum posts or replies just now, but how do I know I've done that many? Do I get a badge for it at all?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 24th, 2022

@HavenonEarth

You can find your stats on your profile page or the my impact page, currently it shows you have:

Forum Posts 65
Forum Upvotes

HopefulBambi September 24th, 2022

GLDD:

"All enrollees who complete additional 3 hours per week in rooms (at least 7 hours per week) will graduate with Honors"

Do extra hours we completed during our trial also count towards Honors?

Hope OP September 25th, 2022

@HopefulBambi

Yes!

daniellaaaAD September 26th, 2022

@Hope

Hi! I was wondering if I could get a letter of recommendation from 7 Cups once I have completed my internship program. I have been participating in this platform for a while now and I would love to have a letter of recommendation for my college applications.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 26th, 2022

Hey @daniellaaaAD, that's awesome you're in the internship program, and ofcourse if you meet the criteria, you can request for a letter of recommendation too, a more detailed outline of the same in this post here (clickable), or you can reach out to @Hope anytime for more concerns about the same. Good wishes!❤

Valorous September 27th, 2022

@Hope

Hello.

I've recently applied for the CDM course and I would like to know how to get into the roles and tasks alloted for that?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 27th, 2022

Hey @Valorous, could you share what exactly do you mean by "roles" here?

As for getting started with the tasks, once you've received the acceptance mail, it contains all the relevant information about your coursework and what all you need to do in order to graduate from the program.

Feel free to check out this CDM Program: Step-by-Step Walkthrough post, as well as mentors availability here, if you have any questions or need any assistance related to the program anytime! ❤

September 29th, 2022

Quick gldd program

listener track question

do you get roles offers either. On l track or the Academy at end of program? I heard yes but not sure if it true?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 29th, 2022

Hey @Goalsforlife, according to the following recent updates, trainees are encouraged to apply for roles, but that's not a requirement to graduate anymore, so upto free will of the trainee.

>> At the successful completion of the track, one will be eligible to become a mentor in the focused track.

>> Encouraged to apply for leadership roles in the group chatrooms, but not required.

You can always reach out to a GLDD mentor leader for any concerns too, gentlefox210 or ASilentObserver!

Hope OP September 29th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you so much for consistently providing support in this thread!!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 29th, 2022

@Hope Aw no worries, Hope, I'm happy to!❤

October 1st, 2022

I have another question.

I am planning to take ldp at some point and noticed that building community course is part of ldp.

I am waiting for my work be looked at and then badged .

My question is if I already did that course and passed do I need to re do it when get to ldp or what should I do?

goalsforlife

wonderfulRainbow817 October 1st, 2022

@Goalsforlife, if you already have a badge for it then you are good

RoshanaShabanii October 1st, 2022

@Hope

Hi, i would like to know how many hours we need to graduate?

i do know my current hours, just need to know how much is left.

THANKS XOXO

wonderfulRainbow817 October 1st, 2022

@RoshanaShabanii, it is on individual basis. You need 48 hours total.

Take the number of chats you have now minus what you started internship with and divide it by 2

RoshanaShabanii October 1st, 2022

@wonderfulRainbow817

Thank you so much for replying, lots of love your way!!

Hope OP October 3rd, 2022

@RoshanaShabanii

Please note the number of hours you need depends on the program you are in. Different programs also require a different kind of hours. QLP and Internship require 1-1 listening hours whilst GLDD requires group chat hours. Please specify your program to get a correct answer

October 5th, 2022

For gldd

when is the small project due like what week I am in week 4 out of 6 weeks

GoldenNest2727 October 5th, 2022

@Goalsforlife

Goals, congratulations on making it this far. According to this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vj_GcVvl1ZTxZQJp721Gpopn2nm9HXTNUPMuUHES7d8/edit#

your project needs to be submitted this week, since you're in week 4 of 6. However, the project was voluntary when I went through the course, and it reads to me like it's voluntary for you guys too. Maybe check on that with a mentor, though.

You've mentioned in the chatrooms that you're a bit worried with the project, but I really think you're overthinking it. Follow the template example and you'll be fine. I know you've got this!

RoshanaShabanii October 6th, 2022

Hi, i have this weird issue where my chat numbers are stuck on 735, even though they're way more.

How can I fix that?

Hope OP October 6th, 2022

@RoshanaShabanii

Hi Roshani, one chat equals 30 messages exchanged. Make sure you have exchanged at least 30 messages with a member in a 1-1 chat. Give it a day, if it does not change then please submit a ticket here

wonderfulRainbow817 October 6th, 2022

Hi @RoshanaShabanii. If you notice it has now changed to 736 so it should be good now.

yourbuddy30 October 7th, 2022

@Hope I am a part of LDP program. There are few positions I can apply to if I am a mentor of any track. What are the mentor roles that I can apply to?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 7th, 2022

Yay @yourbuddy30, you can find about different mentor tracks and application forms here and in this post. Good wishes.❤

yourbuddy30 October 7th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thank you so much sun!!

Jowita October 8th, 2022

@Hope

hello i need help. i forgot what electives i choose for my internship what to do??? how to find out??

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 9th, 2022

@Jowita

I remember keeping a screenshot of my electives when I was a trainee haha, I knew I wouldn't remember it after a while. XD

Happens, you can reach out to an intern mentor here and they can help you with it. Good luck. ❤

wonderfulRainbow817 October 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou @Jowita

If you pm me I can help you out
Jowita October 11th, 2022

@wonderfulRainbow817 thankyou so much i got it from hope now, but iw ill reach out if i need anythg else!

Pritu19039521 October 14th, 2022

I wanted to know after doing our internship here. Can we get a job that pays us over here. And what exactly will be done in this internship

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 14th, 2022

@Pritu19039521

All the roles are volunteer roles here, except for the admin team and community moderators (Ones that have usernames like "CommunityModRandomName"), information about the same you can seek via dropping a mail to community@7cups.com, I hope!

You can find more about the internship, coursework, learning outcomes etc in this post, or the FAQ Internship thread.

(Text in blue is clickable)

Good wishes. ❤ Let us know if you have more questions.

GingerSpiceEverythingNice October 14th, 2022

@Hope

Hi, I'm trying to get my Verified Listener badge as part of my internship, but for some reason my profile shows 0 group chats. I've participated in several and I should have all of the qualifications complete, so what am I missing?

October 15th, 2022

@GingerSpiceEverythingNice

Group chats that you need is listener room chats like lsr or lcr when it is open.

1 chat In the listener room is 25 messages so 2 chats is 50 messages.

I hope this helps

wonderfulRainbow817 October 15th, 2022

@GingerSpiceEverythingNice @Goalsforlife

As of 10/12/2022 the 2 listener group chats are no longer required to qualify for verified listener but is still highly encouraged as there are a lot of good resources that come out of the LSR and LCR.

October 15th, 2022

Quick question Am I good with appreciation conor or make 2 posts. I feel behind that area the past 2 weeks

Is it just only 5 and6 discussion s I did not post to?

Next week is my last week

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 15th, 2022

@Goalsforlife

I think you're going great, Goals. The weekly tracker asks for "Appreciated at least 5 users in the appreciation corner post created by you"

You can always appreciate more people in the middle of the week, or anytime before the program end date as well, a bit of flexibility with forum posts would be understandable, I hope hehe.

For any confusion, or a checkin for your progress and the requirements, you can reach out to a mentor also. 😊

Jowita October 15th, 2022

@Hope any one knows a fast way to get 1000 chats in member chatrooms and listened chat rooms? in 3 weeks i mean i need it for internship and running out of time. idk what to talk about and how to get so much

yourbuddy30 October 15th, 2022

@Jowita Would you like to take up member support roles? Like hosting in teen listener room, or a room supporter role or participating in any sessions taking place? That is an easier way to engage in chatrooms

Jowita October 15th, 2022

@yourbuddy30yes of course that would be great, i will try finding out how to apply