Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Academy Central Support Thread! Go to thread for academy questions

Hope July 20th, 2022

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. It is common to have questions regarding your academy program journey. It can be challenging to wait for a response so to provide speedy support, we have decided to have this one central thread where all academy trainees/interns can ask questions related to their academy journey.

Here is how to get support!

Respond to this thread with your question(s) and the program you are enrolled in. Remember, more information is better than less information. Provide context where needed so you can get speedy answers.

Who can respond to the questions?

Academy mentors, graduates, and even trainees if they are sure of the answer! Feel free to support each other and provide tips!

_1658325055.image.png

Make sure to keep an eye on your notifications so you can check the thread for answers. You can expect an answer within 24-30 hours.

This post is brought to you by the 7 Cups Academy Team, find out more information about the programs here

Omurice1904 November 28th, 2023

@Hope I just received the Internship Seat Confirmed email. In that email, there is a Google sheet attached. It should have contained the number of chats and forum posts I am at. However, both of it is 0 for me but I actually am not at 0. Is it normal?

Hope OP November 28th, 2023

@Omurice1904

That seems to be an error. This is the actual number in our system, forum posts - 4. chats 113

I will edit the sheet you have access to soon to reflect the same

Omurice1904 November 28th, 2023

@Hope Thanks a lot

MarwaneB December 22nd, 2023

@Hope

Hello, dear mentors.

I am MarwaneB, a new intern here.

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude to everybody working here for their tremendous effort. I am truly thankful for the amazing opportunity and honor I have to embark on this internship.

The initial start date for my internship was supposed to be the 18th of December. However, in the Important Dates sheet I received, it is mentioned as the 11th of December, leading to other dates being a week ahead.

I kindly request guidance on how to proceed. 

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

MarwaneB

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 22nd, 2023

@MarwaneB

Ooh it could be a error, I guess, no worries, you can proceed as per the date you chose for internship to begin and follow through that! 

@yourbuddy30 / @anusha can of course make any necessary changes here!

Ooh and good luck for your journey ahead, Marwane!💛

MarwaneB December 22nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

OMG! Hello there!! Wow, whenever I need assistance, you're always the first person to show up!

You're my favorite listener indeed! Thank you so much for everything <3

enigmaticpanda4152 December 29th, 2023

@Hope

CDM. I completed Discussion 4 and submitted trial form. I need guidance with article writing. Also what is title approval for article.. I am confused. 

GoldenNest2727 December 31st, 2023

@enigmaticpanda4152

Hi there, enigmaticpanda4152!  It's great to have you join the CDM program.  I took that one and really enjoyed it.  I bet you will as well.  The good news is that the discussions walk you through everything, from how to create punchy titles, to how to set up your article sources.  Here's where you'll find all the links that you'll need to complete the training.  It includes the article title approval form and more.  

Sometimes it's hard to navigate the community forum to find exactly what you need (or maybe it's just me who has that issue).  This is the filtered down version that should provide more guidance about article writing and other CDM academy program discussions. 

Also, don't hesitate to reach out to your mentors if you need further help.  They're a fantastic resource for bouncing article ideas off of.  You can find your list of mentors right here.  I can say with confidence that the CDM mentors are friendly and incredibly insightful.  They welcome interaction with the trainees. 

Good luck with your training.  I bet you'll rock it!

Heartsandrosesandpaws December 31st, 2023

@enigmaticpanda4152

Good luck with the program

ThoughtLight January 8th

I am due to begin the CDM program today. But how do I actually get to the program to start it? The email gave no mention of that. 

yourbuddy30 January 9th

@ThoughtLight You can start working on the courses Thought. 

ThoughtLight January 9th

@yourbuddy30 I got it figured out. Thank you. I had something else pictured in my head to begin with for how the program itself would go. 

ChromaticFinss January 10th

@Hope

It's seems that I'm a bit lost about my requirements. Can you help me to find that? 

January 12th

@ChromaticFinss

Requirements for which academy program?

ChromaticFinss January 12th

Internship

yourbuddy30 January 12th

@ChromaticFinss Hello Fins, please feel free to reach out to me and I can help

enigmaticpanda4152 January 26th

@Hope

CDM. I have applied for honors interest since a week. Waiting for project to be assigned. My electives are also done.

Lillom February 3rd

Hello,

I was wondering if we were allowed to post our weekly updates on a day of our choice, instead of Monday? It follows my personal schedule much more efficiently.

Thanks in advance

Lillom

Lillom February 3rd

Please @Lillom me, since I don't subscribe to any posts.

Hope OP February 5th

@Lillom

Yes that is okay!

kamrynk1224 February 6th

@Hope

I know it says on the acceptance email that we have to respond before the Monday of the start date, but I wanted to ask:

What if I responded to the email on the Monday at about 3 pm of the start date? Is it too late?

Hope OP February 6th

@kamrynk1224

You can reach out to the program ambassador and explain your reasoning for the delay. You can find them here

IagoParis February 29th

Hello everyone

I want to ask about the requirements of the internship community track. Where can I find a complete and updated list of requirements. I'm very confused about this bacause I have found a shared .docx with an overall checklist but it is outdated, then there is the update of Feb 2023 but it only includes changes to requirements and lastly, I have been checking the intership updates of other interns and they don't match to any of the previous sources. So I'm a bit lost here :(

Hope OP February 29th

@IagoParis

Hi Paris! We only update docs if there is a need to. The requirement list given to you in your email is the only one you need to follow. If you are still concerned, you can message me with the link and I can confirm for you. 

I don't recommend going off on forum information as that maybe for the older batches

IagoParis February 29th

Oh, ok, thanks. I was looking at the wrong mail. I have found the list of requirements there now. Thank you very much 😍

Emmastrawberries March 5th

Does anyone know about when academy sessions take place? And where? I need to make sure I have the time for them thank you!

Hope OP March 11th

@Emmastrawberries

Please note they were discontinued a while ago. If there is a mention of it in any official email, please message me with more details so we can correct the information

RelaxedPanda007 March 11th

@Hope

Hello, I just got the email today to confirm my internship seat. I'm in the 12 week track starting today. In the email, it is mentioned that the attached documents will tell us when the deadline is to submit the badge request for the 7 Cups Intern badge. I cannot find it anywhere in the email or the attachments. Does anyone know this deadline? Thank you!

Hope OP March 11th

@RelaxedPanda007

The two week trial will end in exactly two weeks from the start date so if you started today, it will end on March 25, 2024. 

RelaxedPanda007 March 11th

@Hope

Oh ok, so is this the same time we submit the badge request? Or do we not have to fill out a separate form to get the badge?

Hope OP March 11th

@RelaxedPanda007

There is only one form, It should be named the end of the trial form. Please send me the form in PMs

30sushi March 19th

@Hope 

Hey there, I received the internship seat information mail and I'm not sure about what's next. If anyone could help me out. 

Thanks in advance!!/ :))

yourbuddy30 March 19th

@30sushi Hello Sushi, you would first need to finish your trial requirements. You can start working on them. Later move on to mandatory electives and chosen electives 

30sushi March 19th

@yourbuddy30

thanks for the help :)

30sushi March 19th

@yourbuddy30

and what are these electives about? 

yourbuddy30 March 19th

@30sushi There are different electives. Few are mandatory, few of them you can choose from. You can Pm me and I can help you with it

30sushi March 19th

@yourbuddy30

oh sure, thanks

Sompo2402 March 24th

@Hope`

Hi everyone i got accepted for the internship program , i have some doubts like where do we have to submit our electives? where do we have to submit our weekly/monthly/final reports?

Hope OP March 24th

@Sompo2402

Hi Sompo, Please refer to the requirements list attached to your acceptance email. The forms are linked there. 

The electives are finalized when you submit your monthly evaluation form. 

IagoParis March 25th

Hello everyone!

I read about the possibility of certifying the internship before completion here: https://www.7cups.com/forum/interns/FAQsandResources_1127/FAQInterns_88151/

"If needed you can ask for proof of your internship even before you complete it and everything related to it is manually processed from your check-ins to your certificate."

I'm aiming to apply for a master’s degree which would value that certification, so I wanted to ask who is in charge or what should I do to obtain it.

Thanks in advance!