Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Dynamics Course

Hope March 21st

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. Some time ago we discontinued the Group Support Program and announced that we will be converting it to a course that will be offered soon. I am happy to report that the course is here! 

Welcome to the Group Dynamics Course, a professional development journey designed to unlock the power of group interaction and elevate your leadership skills. You'll gain mastery over the nuances of group behavior, equipping you to navigate the complexities of teamwork and harness the collective power of individuals.

The course combines theoretical and practical knowledge. You'll explore:

• Unlock Growth & Potential: Witness the dynamic stages of group development, learning how to nurture collaboration, overcome challenges, and foster individual and collective growth.
  • Lead with Confidence: Develop your leadership skills by mastering the art of guiding conversations, resolving conflicts, and inspiring participation.
  • Embrace Diversity: We'll explore the richness of differences within each group, empowering you to leverage unique perspectives and experiences for a stronger whole.
  • Put Your Skills to Work: Step into the real world with our engaging practicum. You'll lead your group session using a script you select, gaining valuable experience and confidence.
  • Upon successful completion, you will be awarded the ‘dynamic’ badge and a certificate that can be added to your resume. 

Requirements to graduate from the course

Now that you know what you will learn when you have completed all the components to graduate from this course, let's take a look at what the course consists of. This is a list of tasks/requirements to graduate from the course. 

1. Review and participate in all discussions of the course. They are as follows:

1. Discussion 1: Introduction to Group Support

2. Discussion 2: Building a Group

3. Discussion 3: Group Development

4. Discussion 4: Navigating the Group Dynamic & Exploring the Leader’s Toolkit  

5. Discussion 5: Ethical & Cultural Considerations in Group Management

The discussion posts are taken from the group support program’s coursework and updated as per need. 

2. Participate in member or listener group support rooms (members will only participate in member rooms, listeners have the choice to pick one side).

• Listeners are required to have the sparkler or tiny chat badge. Sparkler is earned by sending 500 messages in member rooms and a tiny chat badge is earned by sending 500 messages in listener rooms. You only need one. 
  • Members need to earn the Group chatter badge (500 messages sent in member rooms)

You can send these messages over some time, at your own pace and they will accumulate towards the badge. If you already have the badge, you have satisfied this requirement. But we do recommend that you spend some time practicing the knowledge acquired in this course. 

3. Host 1-hour long session in the 7 Cups Academy Room. 

You are expected to have completed coursework before hosting the session. 

The group chats you earn while hosting the session will be counted towards the required group participation badge if you have chosen to focus on member rooms. 

4. Once all these requirements are met (steps 1-3), you can submit our course evaluation quiz. This is the last step. You need to score a minimum of 12/15. You can submit it again if you do not. We recommend you save your subjective questions' answers on a document to resubmit if need be. 

📌Open Course Form Here

Course requirements summary in the recommended order. 

1. Review and participate in all aforementioned forum posts.
  2. Acquire or has the sparkler (L), tiny chat (L) or group chatter (M) badge. (You need only one)
  3. Host 1 hour long session in the 7 Cups Academy room choosing from the given list of scripts. 
  4. Submit course quiz/evaluation form. 

Thank you to @asilentobserver for assisting in the planning of this course and for creating the original group dynamics program on which this course is based. Thank you to @Suryansh for helping create supplementary documents and supporting the launch of the course. 

Note:  If you intend to use Artificial Intelligence tools to help you fulfill any of the course’s requirements, you are expected to adhere to our AI policy. You can read it here.

Note added on March 26, 2024

WeEarth March 21st

@Hope

Excited to get started!

Thank you 💓

@ASilentObserver @Suryansh

Thank youuu for your contribution, lovely beings!❤

@Hope

Woohoo it's finally here. Thanks for the announcement. 

I have a question, Hope. :0

How different is this course than the (now-closed) group support program?

I've completed it in the past, and i'm wondering how different this one is, comparatively? 

(Love how y'all have added hosting sessions in the academy room, in this course, as a nice way to bump engagement in there) 

Hope OP March 21st

Hi @Sunisshiningandsoareyou! Good to see you here

The essence of the course and the program are the same! However, the details differ. 

The coursework underwent minor updates. We removed the weekly group chat hours requirement, we also removed the weekly group support session hosting requirement. This course is a lot more doable for people who are not yet active in rooms, it is also a lot less time-consuming. 

Lastly, there is no duration of X weeks to complete it, it is entirely at your own pace and you don't have to apply to be accepted. So it is a lot more flexible. 

@Hope

Yay less time consuming, increased flexibility and being able to work at a more convenient pace is such a plus. Thank you for sharing.❤

Heather225 March 21st
this was a long time in coming and i'm so excited to see it in its entirety! thanks for all the hard work you've put in to make this happen. looking forward to seeing people benefit from it.
MistyMagic March 22nd

@Hope Oh I am so pleased to see this new addition, I can't wait to take the course too!  and thanks to @AsilentObserver and @Suryansh too!

Listening - One Step At A Time! - Written with no AI!

MistyMagic March 22nd

@Hope Can I ask about 3) the hosting please? Do we need to book with someone or can we just go ahead and host, and do we need to let anyone know before we choose a script so that we don't all choose the same one 🤣

Hope OP March 22nd

@MistyMagic

Thank you for bringing up an important point. You can use this post to book, I have also added the same info above in the post. The scripts, you can choose on your own, no need to double check

MistyMagic March 22nd

@Hope Thank you!

Suryansh March 22nd

Thank you, Laiba, for posting this up! This course holds great significance for individuals seeking valuable insights and practical experience in Group Dynamics at 7 Cups. I appreciate the efforts you and Obs have put in to make this possible. Looking forward to seeing how it benefits the people of the community! 💜

coolvibes March 22nd

@Hope This sounds amazing. it will be a great learning opportunity for Listeners who are looking forward to participating in the chatroom.

@Hope

looking forward to this

what if u already h chat room badges there needed for the course,  just do the 500 messages

Hope OP March 24th

@Heartsandrosesandpaws

You don't need to redo it. That means you meet the requirement

@Hope. You mean I do not need to that part ofcp cipourse

Hope OP March 26th

@Heartsandrosesandpaws

If you have the badges then you have already done it. No need to do the messages part again yes. Please do host the 1 hour 7 Cups Academy Room session

sky2Ocean20 March 25th

@Hope

So excited to be part of this program. 💖

EmberOfHope April 2nd

Do we have to apply for this program similar to the Internship, or just complete the requirements on our own time?

Hope OP April 2nd

@EmberOfHope

As it is a course, not a program, you don't have to apply! Courses do not require application, you do it at your own pace and submit the evaluation form when everything is done

EmberOfHope April 2nd

@Hope Thank you for the clarification :)

@Hope

hosting question can it be either side if you  are  a atl where you host

Hope OP April 8th

@Heartsandrosesandpaws

Yes

@Hope

how long will. It take hear bk about the quiz

LittleEggHarbor July 10th

@Hope Am I able to take this course as a member?

@LittleEggHarbor

i think  so think   Since  reading. Over things it talks about  things members need to do in course.

ShadowFaerie July 11th

@Hope

I'm excited to get started and glad to see it's a course that can be taken in my own time 😊

@ShadowFaerie

good luck have fun and keep on learning 

gloriousPuppy3656 July 11th

@Hope

Exciting news.

gloriousPuppy3656 July 11th

@Hope

I am interested. Don't want to be left behind.

TU100OT July 20th

@Hope

Thank you for sharing hope. Essential initiative. :)

TU100OT August 3rd

@Hope

Thank you for sharing Hope

This kind of looks like the long answer to someone asking in an interview "How well do you work in a group setting or what is teamwork" 😄. Jokes aside, I would love to try it.

purpleSea7109 Thursday

Thank you and like to join the course and thanks for letting us know. Can someone help me when doing course please.

I am just a click away.Xx ❤️ 

I try help with all too.