Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Internship Program 2024

Hope March 13th

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well. Please refer to this post for information related to the  7 Cups Internship program, offered by 7 Cups Academy. 

internship-banner_1710332244.png

Why should you become an intern with 7 Cups?

• Make an Impact: The 7 Cups Internship Program offers a unique way to support others while gaining valuable professional experience. Even without a mental health background, you can develop essential skills like active listening, communication, and time management.
  • Free, Flexible Learning: Our tuition-free program provides two tracks to fit your schedule. Choose a duration that works for you (minimum 6 weeks, self-paced) and extend if needed.
  • Boost Your Resume: Learn in-demand skills, build a professional profile, and gain a certificate upon completion. We even provide references and work verification to strengthen your applications!
  • Supportive Community: Our program fosters a sense of community. Learn from experienced listeners, receive one-on-one mentor support, and participate in group check-ins for motivation and shared learning.

“Participating in the 7cups Internship Program was a valuable experience for me. The experience, knowledge, and skills I've gained in the program helped me excel in my professional, academic, and even personal life. As an intern, I worked on developing communication skills, active listening, and empathy, all valuable skills for employers.” - kindFish9215 (7 Cups Internship Graduate) 

"7Cups internship was a great start to my 7Cups Academy programs. It was an amazing experience as I got to take challenging chats and learned a lot from them. The best part about the 7 Cups Internship is that it is easier than you think. The only thing required is to manage all your tasks appropriately. With this internship, I learned how to be more organized, the importance of time management and I became more responsible." - lyricalAngel70 (7 Cups Internship Graduate)

Can I use 7 Cups Internship for my degree/course practicum placement?

Students have completed and continue to complete the 7 Cups Internship as part of their practicum requirements for their degree/certificate. You will need to arrange an external supervisor if a supervisor is required by your institution and check with your practicum coordinator to ensure this internship meets your requirements. You can directly reach out to Hope for more information on this. Do not start the Internship for this purpose without confirming its eligibility with both your practicum supervisor and Hope. 

Universities & Colleges that have sent their students to 7 Cups Internship include the University of Denver,  Amity University Dubai, Edinboro University, Chaffey College,  and the University of Bolton among others. 

What does the Internship Program offer?

• Further, develop active listening and communication skills.
  • Build therapeutic relationships with users/members of the site.
  • Create a personal profile page that highlights your interests and future career goals.
  • Learn from other veteran listeners in the community.
  • Two tracks to choose from based on your availability

Key content learned in the program:

• Extend listening support to groups and forums
  • Tools and techniques for mastering time management
  • Gained specialization in at least different chat topics of the intern’s choice
  • Components of community building
  • Peer Core Competencies
  • Applying learned knowledge in 1-1 member listening sessions

Key differences between the two tracks offered. 

image_1721118573.pngimage_1721118592.png

Requirements to join

• Have an active listener account
  • Able to commit a minimum of 5 hours per week to the program for a minimum of 6 weeks or more if you choose a longer program duration. 

📢Please apply here

Thanks for sharing, Hope!💛

Internship is one of my most favorite programs here, that I feel, was a truly immersive experience, helping me get a deeper understanding and feel about being involved in the community!🥰

Sompo2402 March 23rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou and hope 

When do we receive the reply? I have been waiting for the reply..

@Sompo2402

Hiya! Do you mean hearing back post your application for the enrollment? 

@yourbuddy30 could you please assist here.💛

Sompo2402 March 23rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Yes, I did not hear back because if I am selected I start Monday 

@Sompo2402

Oh okay, hopefully you do hear till monday then. Make sure to check your spam folder as well, sometimes the emails land up there too hehe. 

Good luck with the internship! 

Sompo2402 March 23rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you so much for the help🧡

@Sompo2402

You are welcome (Gif replaced by text by Hope)

yourbuddy30 March 23rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thank you for tagging me Sun! @Sompo2402 You would be getting an email of acceptance. Please make sure you applied 5 days before your start date. 

bouncyCandy4246 March 23rd

@Hope

Thanks for sharing. Is this program the same as Leadership Development Program?

Hiya @bouncyCandy4246, no, it is a different program. 

Information about LDP here: https://www.7cups.com/forum/ldp/AnnouncementsAppreciation_2121/LeadershipDevelopmentProgram2024_325615/

bubblingPeace161 April 19th

@Hope thank you for the info! =)

bloomnLove0766 April 27th

@Hope 

Hi There, I applied and submitted the application online for the program to receive a certificate for volunteer hours through your certificate program. Could someone please let me know how and when I can start the certificate program? I haven't recieved an email confirming my application enrollment and how to proceed. 

Thank you,

Cyndi Kruer 

yourbuddy30 April 27th

@bloomnLove0766 Hello Bloom, it is preferred to fill the form 5 days before your start date. Once you do that, you would be hearing within a day or two about your acceptance

peacefulpeach283 April 27th

@Hope <3

hey there, I just wanted to ask what's the difference between the student and community route other than the duration. and how do you count/differentiate the internship hours as i have been doing my own listening outside of the internship here as well. also, do we get a letter of recommendation as well <3 ? Thankyou! 

Hope OP April 29th

@peacefulpeach283

Hi! It is the duration and because of the duration, the requirements also add on. Community Track is 6-12 weeks while student track is 13-24 weeks. You can view the requirements to graduate for the community track here and the student track here. 

There needs not to be a differentiation between hours of Internship and otherwise. If you are enrolled as an intern and you do any listening with a member in a 1-1 setting, it will count towards your Internship hours but only as long as you are actively enrolled. 

Yes, all academy program graduates are eligible to request a letter of recommendation given that they have no behavior reports. 

koficaaaaa May 6th

@Hope Joined today, hope i do well.💪

Anooshay June 25th

@Hope   can i do internship indiviually like not from my university. And what are dates of internship is it offers after 14 August

Hope OP June 25th

@Anooshay

Yes! We have both kinds of interns, the ones who do it without it being part of their university practicum or even being enrolled in one, and those who do it as part of their university requirements. 

You can choose any start date as long as it falls on a Monday. Be sure to apply 5 days in advance. 

dapperVillage Thursday

@Hope Hello, I just recently learned of this opportunity and was wondering if this internship is still available to apply for, and if so until when are you accepting applications? What are the requirements to apply for this internship?

yourbuddy30 Thursday

@dapperVillage Hello Dapper, yes we are! Internship program is open for all listeners. You can submit the form 5 days before your start date (Start date being preferably Monday)

An acceptance email will be shared with you which you need to accept and start!

TU100OT July 31st

@Hope

Caught up with things currently, but I will find time for this, Thank you for the update hope :D

Hopeprovider6771 August 17th

@Hope can’t wait to start my internship in 7 cups academy im really excited 😄

yourbuddy30 August 19th

@Hopeprovider6771 Excited to have you