Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Academy Weekly Check-ins Now Available! (No longer available)

Hope August 24th, 2022

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. The academy team has been working on arranging academy group check-ins that anyone associated with the academy can attend or host. This involves academy trainees, graduates, and mentors.

For the past 10 days (approx) we have been trialing academy check-ins to get feedback on times, days, and script and we have found that the combination of the following times can be suited to our academy people!

Starting today, you can expect weekly academy check-ins at the following times!

CCg8h5MTMp_1bs0WxSEtlhFypsdq2XzsqLxmhnhJA-wkjODKMdtK2YQ0_rFdFGVysmIKL1L4PhVAAq2xHCBDaE9N29BliPPQZ7nTL9YB8_4dir_frQzutrSjhgNRmo6wMql7tH6zqKmwE0hW4sPnZ3U

‘Username covering’ means both slots are open, and the sessions are being temporarily covered by an academy leader until coverage is found. If you can help out with covering these sessions, please submit this form. We are looking for hosts who can cover these sessions on the same day every week so consistency is important.

As we get more hosts, we will add more sessions. A session will be added to this long-term session time/day schedule once we are confident we can maintain it consistently. So you can count on these sessions being there!

These sessions are meant to serve as a support system for academy trainees, a place where graduates can come and support current trainees and mentors can have 1-1 contact with trainees. We understand that attending such sessions can take away time from your schedule so we want to give you program credit for doing so! The sessions are hosted in the academy hub room.

The Academy team is working on adding 4 of these sessions as an elective to academy programs. You can either attend 4 or host 4 to be eligible. The count will include attending 1 orientation session in case you also attended that. You can expect to see the elective update being implemented within the next 3 weeks. Participation and hosting of the sessions before the official announcement will be considered for the elective. But I do not recommend relying on this elective as updates can take time to be launched but I just wanted to mention it for those who have a lot of program duration left.

A huge thank you to our hosts who helped us trial these sessions in their initial stage and have been a big part of the launch @GoldenNest2727 @YourBuddy30 and SirenOfSerenity

Optimisticempath August 24th, 2022

Thanks! @Hope

TheAlchemist1111 September 30th, 2022

@Hope

Thankyou for the post.

TU100OT November 14th, 2022

@Hope

Thanks hope and @GoldenNest2727 @YourBuddy30 @SirenOfSerenity for this post, looking forward to sessions with you for academy coverage. 😄

GoldenNest2727 November 14th, 2022

@TU100OT

Hello, again. It's nice to run into you on the forum and I hope you're well. I wanted to let you know that the times and dates have changed for the sessions, so you don't show up and wonder where everyone is. Check out this thread for the latest info https://www.7cups.com/forum/7CupsAcademy_208/AcademySessions_2207/AcademySessionsAvailabilityPost_286076/

I recommend subscribing, because it's supposed to be updated with the latest information. By the way, we're looking for someone to host the afternoon orientation session on Tuesdays at 4:00 pm ET. Would you be interested? You'd be great at it. No pressure if you aren't interested, though.

PersephoneRose01 November 24th, 2022

I'll see

TimVCH March 20th, 2023

Hey!!!

4Jasmine February 25th

@Hope

I think this approach is a super idea! I spent years and in school before having four children. At that time technology was just beginning to be used. Now it is an integral part of daily life. Unfortunately, while busy raising children, technology boomed, leaving me behind on technological advances and the agility to do what this generation finds to be second nature. It is a bit frustrating, to say the least. I am slowly learning, but it is challenging.😊

Hope OP February 26th

@4Jasmine

We are glad you can be a part of us. I have updated the post to reflect that the check-ins unfortunately are no longer available but if you are a part of an academy program you can get support here.