Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Academy Time Management Course

Hope June 29th, 2022

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. Through our academy surveys and general community interactions, we have identified that most people feel like they can benefit from some form of time management training. The challenge with most time management techniques is that they do not train you to reflect on what really is important and schedule it in a sustainable way. We have found a book that deals with time management as part of your whole interrelated life and is in sync with your principles. I am talking about First Things First, a book by Stephen Covey and comes highly recommended by @GlenM

We have created a course based on the book. We have summarized the book and converted it into a growth path and quiz. Here is how you can take part!

Step 1: Complete the first things first growth path

Step 2: Implement the teachings of the growth path for a minimum of one week. You will need the practical application to pass the practical part of the quiz.

Step 3: Revise the path content before completing the quiz. You can skip this part if you feel confident to pass without the revision.

Step 4: Submit the time management course quiz.

Step 5: Let us know that you have completed the steps here!

The quiz will be processed within a week. All who successfully complete it by scoring at least 17/20 in theory and submitting practical components will receive a certificate and a badge.

Note:  If you intend to use Artificial Intelligence tools to help you fulfill any of the course’s requirements, you are expected to adhere to our AI policy. You can read it here.

AI note added on March 26, 2024 - Hope

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 29th, 2022

@Hope

Oooh have heard of the book, and it is great how y'all have incorporated the lessons in a growth path. Thanks for letting us know, Hope. ❤ Hoping to try it out super soon!

SirenOfSerenity June 29th, 2022

@Hope

Very excited for this new addition! 7 cups is the gift that keeps giving 💙 Very grateful for you and the team!

GlenM June 29th, 2022

Thank you @Hope! I was just sharing with the ambassadors that this book really helped me a long time ago. Time management is not something that is taught in schools, but should be. It is one of the most important skills to master so you can be the captain of your own ship and go where you need to go.

I tried many different time management methods over the years, but they always felt forced or they didn't stick with me for long. I needed something more comprehensive and tied to a sense of meaning or purpose. This book worked wonders for me. I highly recommend this growth path!

@GlenM There are so many things that should be taught in school but are left out of the curriculum completely! Almost seems as if they don't really want us to succeed, based on what they do and do not incorporate into all those years of school. I was a school teacher for close to two decades and never understood why these skills were not taught, along with finance/budgeting literacy (including how to do taxes, building credit, negotiation, etc.), interpersonal and communication skills/healthy relationship skills (including loving yourself, diversity, problem solving, compromise, being a good listener), first aid and CPR and basic survival skills (how fun could this be?!), mental health (self-awareness, self-care, stress management, boundaries, coping skills, trauma care, meditation, etc.), Productivity (goal setting, decision making skills, time management of course), organizational skills (including how to organize and clean a home), nutrition and how to plant/grow/cook healthy foods, employment/networking (how to choose a career/write a resume/handle job interviews), behavioral science....Yea, I could go on and on...as a health education teacher I tried to incorporate as many of these as I could, but I only had students for one semester and theres only so much that I could teach in a few short months. :-/

GlenM July 19th

@TheGirlWhoFeltTooMuch thank you for looking out for students and helping them in practical ways as much as you could! If you ever want to help with content development here, then please ping @soulfullyabutterfly. We would happily work with you if interested!

MelodyoftheOcean June 29th, 2022

@Hope

That sounds amazing, I'm always up for new courses and programs! I'll do it as soon as I got more time

😮❤️

supportiveStar1111 June 29th, 2022

Wow thank you for this beautiful post. I'm excited...

Alaya22 June 29th, 2022

@Hope

A much needed course since I struggle with time management 🥲 Thank you!

blindHeart12 June 29th, 2022

@Hope

That really cool!!! I heard about this book. The topic suits to every area and age people.

Interpersonal skills is also important topic if can incorporate in future course.just suggestion.

Paprika001 June 30th, 2022

@Hope This sounds like such an amazing course! I'm definitely going to get started with it as soon as possible. Time management is so important and I'm sure this course which will help me work on this crucial skill. I'm really excited to see what I will learn!

cheerfulIceCream June 30th, 2022
@Hope
Wow this will be really useful, I've been looking to get my hands on that book.
vivelespatates July 9th, 2022

@Hope I got 20/20 for the quizz, and completed the practice part, i hope my schedule is ok for you

vivelespatates July 14th, 2022

@Hope I got the certificate but not the badge :O

Hope OP July 14th, 2022

@vivelespatates

Hi! As mentioned in the certificate email, the badge will be assigned as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience

SirenOfSerenity July 25th, 2022

@blueduck08 this is the path I mentioned in the Listener Sharing Circle

StarlitSky4762 July 31st, 2022

@Hope I will try this!

frostyApple6757 August 9th, 2022

@Hope thank you so much .

Mel October 16th, 2022

@Hope Very good path! As a person who struggles a lot with overcommitting and stressing because of it, this is a very good thing to run into! Looking forward to completing it. Thank you Hope for your very thoughtful words x.

pandanfe October 17th, 2022

@Hope Thank you for creating a course based of the book. Its going to be really helpful 😊

Overthinker13579TU October 17th, 2022

@Hope

Will surely try it out :)

SirenOfSerenity October 17th, 2022

@Hope An extremely beneficial growth path that I need to get back started with, thank you for the site reminder!

independentCherry3986 October 17th, 2022

finished

sleepyowl123 October 18th, 2022

I’m glad I just found this. I bought the audio book years ago as part of a set of Stephen Covey works and never started it. I have since forgotten about it and many of the habits I was once trying to incorporate into my life that I had learned from this author, such as making and keeping commitments. My life now is currently in a state of poor time management and confusion. I look forward to taking this course and renewing a sense of direction back into my daily routines.

Thank you!

-Stephen

RideaRainbow October 20th, 2022

This is so timely and much needed, will get started right away.

👌👌👌

NanditaB January 6th, 2023

@Hope I have completed all the steps :)

LonleyCheese February 13th, 2023

I would take it but ironically, I dont think I have time or motivation. Maybe another time

Rose5399 February 16th, 2023

love all the amazing resources 7 cups provides!

meez78 February 18th, 2023

@Hope, I have completed the steps😊 I hope I did ok😅

meez78 January 29th

@Hope

Do you have to take the time management class twice, to get the badges on both your listener and member account?

Hope OP January 29th

@meez78

No, you only get the badge on the account you took it on. You will have the certificate sent to your given email. 

JoyHappyNess March 16th, 2023

@Hope

I have enjoyed this course, to the extent of downloading the book and reading it. I have completed the first things first growth path. Implemented the the teachings for two weeks. Created a weekly schedule and followed it. Repeated the growth path. Revised the path content and submitted the quiz scoring 18/20... Thought it would be 20/20 but Hurray! I finally did this course.

lyricalAngel70 March 26th, 2023
So happy for you @JoyHappyNess
JacquiCol April 24th, 2023

I have completed all the steps! :)

Got 20/20 wooo! :)

Yourgoodfriendd April 25th, 2023

@Hope

i have completed the steps.

Emerbliss April 26th, 2023

@Hope, wow. This is awesome. It's so wonderful of you to incorporate such a great book with the growth path!! Can't wait to try it out. 😁

TabbyCat97 April 26th, 2023

@Hope

thaaatss awesome :o thank you for sharing Hopee <3

sugaryFriend4322 May 8th, 2023

I have completed all of the steps, I gpt 19/20 :))

@Hope

Smrtbibliophile May 23rd, 2023

I swore I completed this before but now can't find it. I got sn 18/20

tealSailboat8133 May 28th, 2023

I love thisss

blissfulTouch29 August 10th, 2023

I did all the steps and in my teaching class we had to learn about steven covey and I still have that book