Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Motivation Growth Path

Tazzie March 5th, 2021

Hello everyone!

Many of you may have heard about our new friend on 7 Cups, none other than the Growth Path Builder

Our founder @GlenM took the lead and collaborated with the community to create the “Increasing Self-Esteem and Confidence” custom path. Please click here to try it out!

I have derived inspiration from them and my colleagues, and decided to build a custom path in collaboration with all members and listeners!

“Alone we can do so little, together we can do much more.”

Our growth path category is “Motivation” A few prompts to help us get started are posted below:

1. What does motivation mean to you?
2. What keeps you motivated?
3. Share examples of exercises, tools and resources that serve as sources of motivation.
4. How do you keep yourself motivated during challenges or in the presence of obstacles?

Please let your thoughts and ideas flow. There are no right or wrong responses. Only unique opportunities and experiences to learn something new.

Thank you!

CompassionateDreamer8522 March 5th, 2021

1. What does motivation mean to you? Motivation means to be excited about something, whether it's tackling something, finishing something, starting something, etc.
2. What keeps you motivated? The results thus far - whether that's cleaning, working out, etc.
3. Share examples of exercises, tools and resources that serve as sources of motivation. Right now - definitely group exercise programs that I enjoy! Routines help too! Also, knowing that when I'm done, I'm done with that for the day, week, month, etc.
4. How do you keep yourself motivated during challenges or in the presence of obstacles? Having a routine keeps me motiated, as well as seeing where I've been and where I am now!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 5th, 2021

@Tazzie

Those are great prompts .

● Some more tasks in the path could be practical ones also, for example, linking some videos to the path and the task being, "Answer in your own words, what did you learn from the video " and ofcourse a text box for people to write what they learnt.

● What keeps you motivated?

● If you were to say something inspiring to a friend, what would you say ?

● It can be difficult to stay motivated all the time. How do you manage to get through the motivation blues ?

● Say something positive for yourself today

● What is something you can do today, that will help you reach one step close to a goal ?

● Do you believe external motivational factors are more helpful than internal motivational drive, why or why not ?

Mikababy10 March 17th, 2021

NityaSpiritualHealer March 5th, 2021

@Tazzie

Hey,

I feel it's my Spiritual life and I Get Motivation from it everyday and each and every second.

One thing I learnt in this journey is to be STRONG mo matter what.

Your base should be so strong that whatever happens in your life it should not effect your soul

Thanks

Rice7722 March 5th, 2021

@Tazzie

1. What does motivation mean to you? Motivations to me means being emotionally able to do something, whether it's school work or just getting out of the bed in the morning.
2. What keeps you motivated? I'd say one of the things that does the best job of keeping me motivated is band, or even just listening to music in general. It's something I genuinely enjoy and look forward to every single day.
3. Share examples of exercises, tools and resources that serve as sources of motivation. If you don't feel enthusiastic or motivated, just act like you are. Do something small like cleaning your desk or paying your bills. Stop comparing yourself to other people and remember your personal successes.
4. How do you keep yourself motivated during challenges or in the presence of obstacles? I normally have a small group of friends that all work together to help keep each other motivated.

SpicyHeart March 6th, 2021

1. Motivation means having energy and the drive to do something. 2. Love, friendship, creative ideas make me feel motivated 3. Progressive muscle relaxation helps woth my sleep. Better sleep means more energy, more physical and mental energy will transform into motivation. 4. I prefer to have an accountable buddy so i can show my progress to. An acocuntable buddy is someone you can check in with, maybe once or twice a week. It is also good to have a diary of your mini achievements to reward yourself.

practicalMoon4496 March 7th, 2021

1. To me motivation means to have the energy to do the things you need to get done in everyday life or to meet your goals of getting where you want to be. 2. For the most part what keeps me motivated is constantly reminding myself that I want more out of life and want to continue to better myself so I can get to a point where I can say I’m really happy 3. Something that a friend taught me is to try to remind yourself of your goals and where you want to be at. And even if you feel tired of fighting to try to keep pushing yourself forward as much as you can. Take a breath take a step back and then continue 4. I sit back for a moment and think of a good way to go about things to find a solution to the challenge to overcome it and face it instead of deflecting

TilXC March 14th, 2021

@Tazzie

Hi! I just noticed this one and thought I could contribute a bit

hope it's still open for discussion and I'm not too late

I have trouble sometimes being really motivated for stuff and then just burning out after a while, I can't seem to stay consistently motivated for things, my therapist shared some really useful tips with me. Firstly maintaining motivation requires discipline, an undisciplined person can't stick to things and ends up being very inconsistent so it's good to practice discipline everyday, even if it's just something small like always getting up at the same time. Another thing was that sometimes when you start something new all you can see are the positives, however everything has negatives as well, so eventually if you ignore the negatives at the beginning they will come back and slam you in the face later, and that can cause me to lose motivation, it's best to start something new (e.g. a hobby, relationship) thinking equally about the positives and negatives so you can avoid this happening.

Ok, to answer the questions:

1. motivation to me means to be compelled to do something and to be passionate about it

2. What keeps me motivated is enjoying what I'm doing, having an incentive for doing it, being held accountable for not doing it

3. I think a good source of motivation is to keep some sort of journal or log of what you're doing and your progress, it can be really useful to look back on that and see how far you've come. You could also think about reasons why what you're doing is important to you and remind yourself of these reasons

SilentSerenityy March 16th, 2021

@Tazzie

1. What does motivation mean to you? To have the drive and want to do something.
2. What keeps you motivated? Breaking down tasks into smaller chunks, having a goal to work towards and setting deadlines. Self care and making sure I have time for myself in between working towards the goal.
3. Share examples of exercises, tools and resources that serve as sources of motivation. - I don't have any.
4. How do you keep yourself motivated during challenges or in the presence of obstacles? Self care

Rebekahwriter13 March 16th, 2021

1. What does motivation mean to you? It means moving forward and being productive
2. What keeps you motivated? Music, goals/rewards, my boyfriend, family, sometimes myself
3. Share examples of exercises, tools and resources that serve as sources of motivation.

* Youtube videos
*This site
*making a to-do list

4. How do you keep yourself motivated during challenges or in the presence of obstacles? I try to make it into step by step.