Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Appreciate Your Forever #1 ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 18th, 2022

Hey hey lovelies, I hope y'all are doing great. ❤

As a proud team member of the Peer Appreciation Program, I'm immensely excited to share this wonderful update with everyone.

Our project has received lots of love from the community and has surely spread it hundredfold around lol, initially we came up with the idea of appreciating our peers, considering the fact, our community is huuuuge and filled with kind, compassionate, supportive, *inserts a million other adjectives to describe awesome people here* folks- it makes sense that when we see something good in others, we likely feel inspired by them and might even hope and try to imbibe their good qualities.

Okay so appreciating people around is super cool, no doubts about that. Buttttt, what is equally cool? Brownie points if you guessed it lol, it is, *drum rolls* –--- Appreciating Ourselves. Yes, you heard that right, you humble being. :P

Here's some food for thought- Not many people find it comfortable to appreciate themselves, for xyz reasons- no worries at all and definitely no judgment whatsoever, I understand how difficult it can be and I know it firsthand because I am one of you xD but but but, we try out so many different things, for once (or once again), we can certainly try being more kind to ourselves, expressing self love and as someone once said- saying good things about yourself with meaning is the best way to express self love and encourage thyself to continually work on becoming a better version. Something that I've experienced to create some positive impact is looking at oneself through an outside- non biased, non judgmental, accepting and kind perspective.

Often we might not see ourselves as how someone else does, and chances are, we miss out on seeing and valuing the good in us.

Now now, how sad would it be, to be awesome but unaware about your awesomeness— Let's Change That ~ One awesome quality to become aware of, at a time.

How about we consider ourselves a peer too, and appreciate ourselves?

This could be literally anything under the sun (the one that shines in the sky, yes 😛)

Here's some examples of things you can submit the form for:

♡ Any and every good quality in yourself

♡ Any achievement you're proud of (and hey, getting outta bed when you don't feel like it *is* an achievement)

♡ Anything you like and appreciate in yourself physically (You got good hair? Tell us, also tell us the healthy hair secrets)

♡ Anything else about you, that makes you feel good and happy

♡ A letter to past "you" from current "you"- sharing how far you've come, Or

♡ A letter to future "you" from current "you"- sharing how you envision your future self

♡ A letter to current "you"- sharing something you'd really like to hear from someone

♡ Anything else I may have missed, but you'd like to appreciate yourself for

Are we feeling pumped enough to appreciate ourselves and get that self love kick in? Yes or Yes (?)

No further wait, appreciate your forever #1 aka *you* here (clickable). ❤

giphy.gif

As always, feedback, and suggestions are more than welcome, feel free to share your thoughts with us. ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 18th, 2022

Tagging the super amazing PAT members:

@Fristo, @bubblingBreeze14, @Sunisshiningandsoareyou, @GloriaD, @GoldenRuleJG, @VaryingCloud, @anjellyna, @azuladragon34, @funnyZebra5328, @Crang17, @WarmLightXO, @Reemhelp, @rrretsuko, @MelodyoftheOcean, @mamtasha22

ouiCherie March 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Your conversational writing style is unbeatable! 😀 and it's a solid point there. It can be difficult and awkward to appreciate ourselves xD

A great idea to learn to acknowledge ourselves, Sunnie!

GoldenRuleJG March 19th, 2022

@ouiCherie yes Cherie - I agree . Sun is a breathe of fresh air - they are a natural 😊

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 19th, 2022

@ouiCherie

Aww lovely Cherie, a compliment on my writing style from you means the world to me truly, many many thanks. 😢💜

I so understand and relate lol, hence why an encouragement for myself and everyone- we are all in the same boat xD

Let's steer it together towards the self love island lol 😛

intuitiveChestnut6652 March 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hi Sun🌞,heart❤️touching content.I totally loved your post 👍and feeling inspired.

@intuitiveChestnut6652

Hey hey chestnut, I hope you're doing well, seeing you around in a while, great to see you. I'm sooo happy you loved the post and content and are feeling inspired too, I truly am grateful this helped in someway. ❤ (love the colours hehe)

GoldenRuleJG March 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou what a lovely idea sun - many thanks for sharing it ❤️

@GoldenRuleJG

I appreciate your support and kindness lots, Golden, many many thanks. You're amazing. 🤗❤

bubblingBreeze14 March 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Sun Sun Sun... You are continuing to keep shining isn't it? 😉 That's the most happiest thing for me to witness.

Plus, what you've said is very true. Just as much as we appreciate others ourselves need some appreciation too. In the end, we all deserve love and compassion 😊

I'm sure our program is going to shine way more with this option and I see some have already tried.

So glad to see our progress and Thank you for everything you do for yourself, for your friends (including me 😋), for our PAT team and for this community as a whole.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 23rd, 2022

@bubblingBreeze14

Aww Haha breeze, always spreading joy around, I appreciate you lots for being such a proactive team mate, always cheering us on. You're super duper fantastic, friend. Keep being breezy as ever. ❤

Andddd yass, so great to see some people trying out already, I'm pleased to see our progress too. We do rock lol! 😛❤

bubblingBreeze14 March 26th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

❤️💜💚💙💛 All available coloured hearts for you 😉

GloriaD March 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hey Sun, this is an amazing update 😊 I do agree that it’s important to appreciate ourselves. It’s important that “in case” there isn’t anyone to remind us about the good qualities in us, we must be able to remind ourselves about how amazing we are 🌻

@GloriaD

Hey hey Gloria, I'm super thrilled to know you found this update amazing also, and you're so spot on, we should be able to be our loudest cheerleader too. I truly hope more people try being their own cheerleaders. ❤

Thankyou for being such a bright force of optimism around, you're incredible. 🌻

YogirlMia3 March 20th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

yesss

@YogirlMia3

Yay! ❤️

purpleTree4652 March 20th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hi, Sun,

I love Chippy the Dog from tumblr! :)

I appreciate that I made it to work, at both of my jobs, every day last week, even the job as a maid. It is so hard to talk myself into going. Both of my jobs are very physical.

@purpleTree4652

Tree hey hey, so good to see you, I hope you and chloe: the cat are doing well. ❤ I appreciate your reply lots, can understand how tiring it can be to manage two physical work related jobs, along with other challenges as well, I'm so proud of you too, for doing your best, despite the circumstances. You deserve all the pats on your back, keep going, lovely, you got this. ❤

I adore chippy too Haha, always around with some amazing reminders for us. 😄

spongebob2021 March 22nd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 22nd, 2022

❤ @spongebob2021 ❤

March 26th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou , I hope it's okie to reply here 😮

Since the day you created this post, I have been coming here often to feel a bit better about myself. So thought this might be a good time to share a thank you cookie with you 😛 for this thread. It reflects from the way you wrote it, how meaningful and thoughtful it is... just another example of you being the epitome of kindness and lovee. ❤

After having a not so good night, I wanted to start my day with something good, and happen to login on cups and found this thread saved as bookmarks 😅 , I feel better. I might not have filled a form to appreciate myself but I wrote some nice things about me in my diary just now. It feels good (: thank you.. ❤ this post is a very good reminder to appreciate ourselves, it means a lotttttt like bigger than the universe "lot" 🙃

*shares thank you cookie* ❤🍪

*reminds Sunny to appreciate herself too* 👀❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP April 15th, 2022

@Aikyaa01

Aww ofcourse it is okay, and more than encouraged to reply here, Aikyaa. Specially a reply as honest and sweet as yours. ❤️

It makes my heart happy to know, this post, and my words have somehow helped you feel better, and yay for trying to write something good for yourself in your diary --- that's a huuuge step in itself and I'm so proud of you and You know how much that means to me hehe. Big *hugsss* ❤️

Cookies are accepted, yes. :P *Shares cookiees with lovely Aikyaa*

April 20th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou *hugs tightly* ❤

Sharuhisereneworld040 June 26th, 2022

This is an amazing idea, I have been seeking some appreciation for the work I'm doing,

But unfortunately, no one can do that sometimes so that's the time when you have to stand by yourself and comfort yourself

At least you have to have yourself in this whole world 😊

So appreciate yourself embrace your flaws and mistakes you are beautiful with those flaws, and motivate yourself to accomplish your goals with a smile

Self-reward is the best way to keep yourself in the race of life at least gift yourself chocolate to celebrate a small achievement that makes a nice difference.

I'm proud of myself and I will be always 😍

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP June 26th, 2022

Hey @Sharuhisereneworld040, I'm sooooooo glad to hear that. Yes indeed, sometimes all we got is ourselves, and honestly not bad lol, we get to be in control that way and atleast be assured that there's one hand that will never leave us or someone to have our back always, that is ourselves weee weeee. Soooo needed to take care of ourselves, accept and appreciate ourselves.

I'm incredibly proud of you, my friend. Sending lots of love your way. ❤

Sharuhisereneworld040 July 3rd, 2022
  1. @Sunisshiningandsoareyou
  2. Thank you so much 😊
SparklyFly December 23rd, 2022

@Sharuhisereneworld040 I was feeling down until I read your post. Everything you wrote is so meaningful to me.

Sharuhisereneworld040 December 25th, 2022

@SparklyFly I am glad that helped you 😊

JuneTrips June 26th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

This is a lovely idea! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP June 26th, 2022

@JuneTrips

Super happy to hear that, June! ❤

tidySailboat7966 June 27th, 2022

I love myself, but it doesn't make things better

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP June 28th, 2022

Hey @tidySaiIboat7966, I've seen you around the forums quite often and it's great to see you participating in them. 😊

So glad to hear you do love yourself. While it necessarily doesn't make things better, If you say so, I do hope loving yourself allows you to be more kind towards yourself and accepting of the times things aren't better, and encouraging enough to pat your own back for trying your best despite it all. ❤

CosmicMiracle June 28th, 2022

Thank you for this, Sun! 🙏🤗

I shall answer via the form but would like to let you know how much I appreciate the initiative 🎉💓

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP June 29th, 2022

@CosmicMiracle

Awww glad you do, Cosmic and weee weee, looking forward to see your form submission. ❤

okeyyyy July 5th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou i so love this , thanks so much, yay

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 5th, 2022

@okeyyyy

Aww that's super nice to know, and you're so welcome. ❤

frostyCat6690 July 5th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hey Sun, you are as always awesome in putting effort in doing so much for us for 7 cups I would like to thank you for doing all this appreciating is a very wonderful think to do everyone loves appreciation thank you so much god bless you

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 5th, 2022

@frostyCat6690

Omigoshhh I'm crying 🤧 this is tooo sweet and thoughtful of you, Frosty. I'm feeling super touched right now and I'm gonna cherish this one for a long time. Thankyou for seeing me and valuing my efforts. ❤

I'd like to thank you also for being a lovely presence around and I so look forward to see more of you. ❤

frostyCat6690 July 5th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

so sweet of you Sun Once again thank you so much and may God always bless you

you just keep smiling.. your smile is precious:)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 11th, 2022

@frostyCat6690 aww right back atcha, Frosty. *feels blessed and smiles with Frosty* ❤

magicalOcean594 July 23rd, 2022

Done <3