Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share Your Experience. ❀

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 3rd, 2023

Hey hey everyone coming across, we hope you're doing well. πŸ’›

If you're coming here after filling out the Peer Appreciation Form or as a Smile Spreader after making an appreciation post in our program thread, we'd like to first ThankYou for your kindness, love, thoughtfulness, creativity and compassion for your peers, and the community, in general. πŸ’›

Next, this particular thread's purpose: we do have a Feedback Thread, also a space in the peer appreciation form itself, to provide any thoughts or suggestions, and any positive feedback received posted in the Peer Appreciation Gallery thread but we'd also to create this space for an immediate-after-experience. πŸ’›

In a nutshell, to provide you space so you can reflect upon how you feel about spreading smiles.

This will be divided amongst three categories, check in prompts for those that came here after appreciating someone else in the community, those coming here after appreciating themself and then our wonderful smile spreaders checking-in after making a post in the appreciation thread.

🌻 While replying please mention the category first, so we can respond accordingly! 🌻

#1 After Appreciating Someone in the Community:

πŸ’› On a scale of 1-10 (1-not so great, 10- super great) how do you feel? Feel free to use the space to reflect.

πŸ’› How was your experience with the form filling? (Any suggestions/ thoughts? perhaps for the qualities etc)

πŸ’› How often would you like to appreciate someone here using the peer appreciation form?

πŸ’› What makes peer-appreciation an integral part of our community?

πŸ’› What constitutes a "good" appreciation, according to you?

#2 After Appreciating Yourself:

πŸ’› How do you feel after appreciating yourself?

πŸ’› What is your most appreciable quality?

πŸ’› What makes self-appreciation important for you?

πŸ’› Often not many people are up for self appreciations, perhaps they can use a little push to see the "good" in themself. What would you like to tell someone to encourage some self-kindness?

#3 After Making A Post (for smile spreaders only):

πŸ’› Yay you just made an awesome post. How do you feel about it?

πŸ’› A lot of times we only see the beautiful result, but there goes a lot behind the scenes and we all know it's sometimes not breezy lol. This is your space to share if you encountered any difficulties while making your post, be it something technical also.

Share any ways your team mates can support you or in your role currently?

πŸ’› What is your favorite part about the post you just made or being a smile spreader in general?

πŸ’› Would you like to share any tips/ suggestions with fellow smile spreaders about making their posts?

πŸ’› I don't see our smile spreaders doing it often, but I'd like to tell you that you deserve to feel super appreciated for your wonderful work here.

Please do feel free to say something nice/ kind/ appreciative to yourself. Let's celebrate *you* together.

These are some prompts to get you started, but ofcourse you're welcome to share anything else regarding your experience using the peer appreciation form, thread, being an appreciator/ smile spreader, anytime. πŸ’›

_1675435547.image.png

(Blue text clickable always)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP February 3rd, 2023

Tagging the wonderful team! Hey hey lovely Smile Spreader, starting now, here's your check-in space to share any experiences after making your appreciation posts! πŸ₯° Can't wait to hear all you have to share! ❀

@Fristo @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @GloriaD @CosmicMiracle @SirenOfSerenity @cristlecares @gentleemperor @Liv125 @SukoLovesHito133 @TU100OT @bubblingBreeze14 @YourCaringConfidant @tommy @NanditaB @SparklyFly @Aishaa97 @VictoriaLove7 @Angelofheaven20 @NotFound20 @JasmineFlower222 @AmiableBunny4016

VictoriaLove7 February 6th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

After Making A Post (for smile spreaders only):

Satisfied but sometimes I saw things I should have done better, for example when the letters were a bit too 'smol' (and it looked smoller after being posted πŸ™„).

πŸ’› A lot of times we only see the beautiful result, but there goes a lot behind the scenes and we all know it's sometimes not breezy lol. This is your space to share if you encountered any difficulties while making your post, be it something technical also.

Oh this is so true, behind the scenes there were editing and re-editing 😁. Sometimes I forgot to see which colors that the appreciator wanted, and only after I finished making it I checked the colors they requested. So, I got to re-do it sometimes. (Or I forgot to put the image that the appreciator sent via link, then I replied to my own post to post that image lol).

It is manageable, so, no additional support needed. But thanks!

πŸ’› What is your favorite part about the post you just made or being a smile spreader in general?

My favorite part is creating the design, even if it sometimes took longer time than I thought.

πŸ’› Would you like to share any tips/ suggestions with fellow smile spreaders about making their posts

Before you make the post, check the colors that the appreciator wanted lol, so that you do not have to redo it (like I did πŸ˜†)

πŸ’› I don't see our smile spreaders doing it often, but I'd like to tell you that you deserve to feel super appreciated for your wonderful work here.

Thank you!

amiableBunny4016 February 3rd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Heya The *most* bestest Sun Buddy,

Of course, I always get *tempted* to post something here! Hope you're doing okay buddy. Remember what a huge difference you make. You mean the world to so many!❀️I would like to start off by saying *thank you* Sun, you have made a huge difference to my life and so many others. You shine light whenever you can and I really appreciate you for that I am sure the PAT team love you! Thank you for your creativity, compassion, kindness , love and so many other things you do!❀️

I obviously would love to give some feedback!

#1 After Appreciating Someone in the Community:

πŸ’› On a scale of 1-10 (1-not so great, 10- super great) how do you feel? Feel free to use the space to reflect.

I would *definitely* give it a 10. After I appreciate someone, it almost makes me feel a burst of joy and happiness for that person. Compassion. Kindness. Love. They are beautiful powers on the planet. And when I fill in that form and click the submit button, it means the world to me that someone can smile just because of a few words! And even if I can't see them smile I can feel it. It means the world to me to make someone happy. After all, the world is a chaotic place, and when someone is struggling, a small appreciation can lessen the burden and the pain. We can't solve other people's problems but we can help them get through this.

πŸ’› How was your experience with the form filling? (Any suggestions/ thoughts? perhaps for the qualities etc)

Filling in the form was a lovely experience and I love the chance to choose some colours for the post! (I do not have any suggestions for now, but I will put in suggestions if I come up with them in the future)

πŸ’› How often would you like to appreciate someone here using the peer appreciation form?

Whenever I can. I do it whenever I want. And the feeling of clicking that submit button fills my heart with a deep sense of happiness and this strange feeling, that I cannot describe.

πŸ’› What makes peer appreciation an integral part of our community?

Peer appreciation is so so *important* and such a *beautiful* idea! I think it's such an important part of the community because of course we all deserve to smile and laugh! But also because we don't know what that person is going through. Small words make huge differences! Kindness goes far more than we think. Just telling someone they are appreciated could mean the world to someone! This is so important to our community since 7cups is a place for support and helping each other out and I think peer appreciation is one of those important aspects.

πŸ’› What constitutes a "good" appreciation, according to you?

I do not have a such thing as a "good" appreciation because all appreciations are amazing! And every appreciation is different and that's what makes this place so beautiful. Just putting a smile on someone's face and using kind words!:) Not much more to say to this question.

#2 After Appreciating Yourself:

πŸ’› How do you feel after appreciating yourself?
It makes me feel like no matter what horrible things people said, the only thing that can define me is me and I cannot let anyone do that for me. The feeling of appreciation for ourself is such a beautiful idea and it makes me feel so calm and satisfied!

πŸ’› What is your most appreciable quality?
I really do not think this is a question I should be answering. :) Not that I do not want to appreciate myself but I also don't want to sound arrogant or weird lol. Oh well, I will have a go. I think one of my appreciable qualities is that I am able to support and encourage others! I always try my best to support others but sometimes don't realise how amazing I really can be. (of course, if someone wants to add to this go ahead because I can't put this stuff into words)

πŸ’› What makes self-appreciation important for you?
Because it gives me a sense of self-satisfaction and self-love! I think we should really encourage self-appreciation more in the community!

πŸ’› Often not many people are up for self appreciation, perhaps they can use a little push to see the "good" in themself. What would you like to tell someone to encourage some self-kindness?

The message I would give to this person is simple. My words sound empty, they sound like this to you:
"You do not know me so how can you appreciate me or tell me I am a good person". Often in the community people say "You have not really met me, I am a terrible person". My only message is.... I know it's hard to love yourself. Because we live in a world that constantly criticises us. And that our brain constantly believes these things. But you know what? You are a beautiful, amazing, wonderful human being. Someone loves you. And cares for you. And after all, you have been through whether it's abuse or loneliness or anything....None of this is your fault. Your past does not define who you can become today. Only you can choose who you want to become. After all, you have accomplished so so much! And you deserve to love yourself! Honestly, love yourself for who you are because that's who you will spend the rest of your life with.

It makes me feel satisfied and happy and it also puts a sense of self love into me that I can make a post and I can appreciate someone who could be struggling! It makes me feel over joyed!

Honestly, my team mates have done a lot for me. They were there every time for me. I do not expect anything back or any support from them. The only thing I want is their kindness and for them to keep being themselves because thats what they are loved for! Thank you PAT team!

The beautiful creativity and freedom in making posts! Its also kinda like a hobby! Also makes me feel so so happy and I know I repeat this alot, but it gives so much joy I cannot describe. It also makes me smile!

πŸ’› Would you like to share any tips/ suggestions with fellow smile spreaders about making their posts?
Just have fun! Get creative! There is no such thing as a bad post buddies!

Well that gives me a closing to this post. I'll be honest with you all, i have really enjoyed and loved being a part of this community and the PAT! I very much *thank you* @Fristo for being such an amazing and beautiful leader and also for spreading so much kindness around the community! I also thanks @Gloria for being an awesome leader Thank you for everything you do my friend! You are very much appreicated! And of course, @Sunshiningandsoareyou, my friend I have so much to say about you! You are so special and loved and thank you Sun, you dont know how much you mean to me. Your posts are beautiful. I am tagging the Smile Spreaders to say how beautiful and amazing and wonderful you all are
❀️

@Fristo @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @GloriaD @CosmicMiracle @SirenOfSerenity @cristlecares @gentleemperor @Liv125 @SukoLovesHito133 @TU100OT @bubblingBreeze14 @YourCaringConfidant @tommy @NanditaB @SparklyFly @Aishaa97 @VictoriaLove7 @Angelofheaven20 @NotFound20 @JasmineFlower222

You know..... sometimes you cant thank people enough. It comes to a point where you want to scream in the middle of nowhere and find that person and hug them and tell them "everything will be okay". Sometimes you cant appreciate people enough, you become restless. I also get restless. Because I honestly find this urge a lot. That someone needs appreciation and I need to hug someone.

One appreciation changes the world. It changes everything. It can put a smile on someone's face. it can change someone's life. So keep appreciating. Keep loving. Keep being. Because I honestly, I can't put it into enough words.

Love you all.

Bunny

exultant-happy.gif

*hugs for all of you*

YourCaringConfidant February 3rd, 2023

@amiableBunny4016 Awww 🐰 that was such a beautiful read! You are doing amazing. Well, that's because you are amazing!

@YourCaringConfidant

Desiree! Yay! Glad you enjoyed reading! You are *amazing* too! I think your more than amazing buddy πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Bunny

Angelofheaven20 February 3rd, 2023

Love for all...

sending-love.gif

GloriaD February 5th, 2023

@amiableBunny4016

I just checked my notifications today (I’m on self care break until tomorrow), and was so touched to see your post! 😊

Thank you so much for your thoughts on appreciating peers and yourself, I really liked how you mentioned that there is no such thing as a β€œgood” appreciation. We can appreciate someone in a paragraph, a few words, an image, literally anything to let the other person know how we feel about them πŸ’›

I also agree with you that self appreciation could seem hard for some, probably because of the expectations by society or the people around us ... however, we know ourselves better than anyone else! It may take some time to self appreciate, and it’s very helpful when we are surrounded by people who self appreciate, so I am thankful to all of you for that 🌸

Thank you Bunny for appreciating me as well, I’ll be going offline with a smile on my face πŸ₯°

YourCaringConfidant February 5th, 2023
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

*Yayyy for me! I just made an awesome post and I feel AMAZING! Sometimes I post my own appreciation notes I write for others and sometimes I don't. Whether I do or I don't, it doesn't change the way I feel. I love being a smile spreader and I'm so glad I am!

*You are so right! People don't see behind the scenes. The time and love that goes into making a graphic. Sometimes it's not as simple as just copying and pasting other's words from the dashboard. You know what I'm talking about... the times where the appreciators and appreciated just deserve something above and beyond for being so sweet! So we take thought into the theme, or color, or what we are going to say. Sometimes we have to think what to say and use our words wisely... other times, the words just flow and they never seem to stop. I love the people that have affect on my brain to where I do not have to think. The smile spreader role is soooo rewarding!

*No supported needed. Just continue to be so uplifting and encouraging. I am blessed to have team mates that aren't afraid to share with me that they think I'm doing amazing.... or not afraid to ask me, how do you make your graphics so pretty. When you have people who encourage you, you want to do well. I want to do better! Thank you to all the smile spreaders.

My favorite part of one of the last posts I made is that I was the appreciator. That fact the words came from me and how I feel about these people... made posting so much easier. Yes, sometimes I rant and get emotional... I'm only human. Most importantly, my favorite part is knowing that I was the reason for them to smile! I did my job--- double x 4. ;)

*Write from your heart. With everything you write, mean it. Our words speak for us... and our silence does as well.

*Thank you for that! That means a lot to me and was so sweet. I think everyone is doing an amazing job. Who knew the amount of talent on the peer appreciation team. We have the right team of passionate, loving, and kind people! β™‘
Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP February 6th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant

Aww thankyou for sharing your experience, Desiree. I'm really glad you enjoy being a smile spreader, it is very evident too that you do haha. ❀

I agree, encouraging comments do help us feel more uplifted and even eager to give our best the next time also, I love how supportive, encouraging and positively charged our team is as well. ❀

Thankyouuu for spreading many smiles, be it via appreciating people or making posts or well, what you do best, both of them together. XD I love seeing your creative graphics, and your words certainly do flow straight to one's heart. Keep up the great work. ❀

Biggest yay for our wonderful team! πŸ₯°

JoyHappyNess March 4th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Appreciating a person is so fulfilling... cup 6 it is (For those who have no idea, it's from 7cups of soul searchers) I have drank from it, I know it's value... Getting appreciated is also great πŸ˜ƒ (ask me and the people in my homestead whom I kept bragging to😜). Seeing all these creativity from smile spreaders as they make this posts, I'm awed and amazed at the various talents in the community. But I want to give feedback on a new component. (I apologize for making a 4th hashtag).

#4. Reading appreciation posts even though you were not individually tagged/appreciatedπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

There is immeasurable joy that comes from knowing the impact of people in our community. Some of these people I may have frequently seen. Some of them, I have no idea they existed. Some of them, I've interacted with them personally. Some of them are strangers. I enjoy just getting to know how this listener influenced a member, or a listener influenced a listener, or even community mods influence over a group. I may not be able to interact with everyone but it's heartwarming seeing the positive impacts of people. I have known the value of so many members, listeners and community mods ever since I started reading PAP. I have developed respect for smile spreaders who created this posts, appreciators who take their time to appreciate others and the appreciated who influenced a person's life to the level of appreciation. Thank you for putting it on the forum so that others (like me) can read and find inspiration.πŸ˜ƒ

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 4th, 2023

@JoyHappyNess

Hey hey the carrier of Joy and Happiness, sooo good to see you! I'm really happy it fills your cup to see the appreciation and love pouring in, and hey, you're allowed to brag, you should brag, you're all kinds of amazing and you're being recognized for it and you should feel happy and proud and share it with those around. You totally deserve all the appreciations coming your way! ❀

Absolutely no reason to apologize and a big Thanks to you for mentioning the 4th aspect and for sharing your experience through it. I relate with you 1000% it truly feels amazing to see the creativity, appreciation, gratitude, love and warmth flowing in the peer appreciation thread.

You're spot on, in a community this big, it's so not possible to know everyone, or get to talk to/ work with everyone, but that doesn't have to limit us from soaking the inspiration and warmth.

I highly believe in the concept of "secret admirers"/ "silent wellwishers", everyone has them, even if they may not realise or feel they do anything "worthy" to have someone admiring them or wishing them well.

Too often, it's the case with these "public spaces", we don't always need to personally interact with someone to know how amazing they are, or how big of a difference they make in the lives of others. People in chatrooms being welcoming, inclusive, kind, supportive, fun and engaging, people taking time to notice and acknowledge others; people in forums doing the same, showing compassion and letting a "stranger" know they aren't alone and they got hope, and they got this~ it's sometimes the "little" ways we can know a lot about a person, and I'm sooooo immensely impressed with your observing skills and the will to notice and appreciate the love and kindness around.

This was a delightful read, Joy and so very relatable. I love spending time in the thread reading the beautiful messages, getting to know someone from someone else's "lens" and counting my blessings to be a part of this wholesome community also! ❀

Thank*you* for bringing so much light and happiness in people's lives, your cheerful chatroom presence, your sweet and caring messages in the forums, and your kind shout outs and appreciations to uplift your peers are never not-noticed. Keep being you! ❀

JoyHappyNess March 5th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

(getting to know someone from someone else's "lens") Exactly!!!

A breathe of fresh air to me is coming in to see your replyπŸ˜ƒ... They are always so well thought out and kind. Nothing makes me happier than the warmest object and person in the universe, Sun, relating to what I feel. Thank you for reading that feedback and leaving a positive feedback behind.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 5th, 2023

@JoyHappyNess Aww, kindness sure begets kindness! ❀

sadcat13 January 9th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou we need to revive this thread

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 10th

@sadcat13

Hehe we do, you've been all three, the creator (as a smile spreader), the receiver as well as the giver (of appreciations), so feel welcome to share your thoughts and experience!πŸ₯°

sadcat13 January 10th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou will do as soon as I make an appreciation 😊

sadcat13 January 10th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou let me just tag the team 😁 Hey everybody, did you know we have this supercool thread? 😎

@AnnaSilverberg @AuRewolf @Avaria @BlissfulBue @BrightIndigo @Bubbles2025 @bubblingbreeze14 @Bunnylovesyou @EmpathysGarden @Fristo @GloriaD @Harsvin @Heathermarie95 @HeavenlyMagic @Kristynsmama @LoveMyMoonflowers @NeurospicyGirl @Optimisticempath @rubyjane00 @sadcat13 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @teenytinyturtle @WeEarth

LoveMyMoonflowers January 10th

@sadcat13

awwe, thank you for tagging us, cat.πŸ₯Ί yes hehe i do know of this thread πŸ’™Β 

sadcat13 January 10th

@LoveMyMoonflowers awesome 😊

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 10th

@sadcat13

Aww how kind of you to tag our team, Cat, thank youu and yes please, this thread is open for everyone to share their thoughts and experiences anytime hehe. Looking forward to read yoursss. πŸ’—

sadcat13 January 10th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou well. Will fly back the moment I have an appreciation 😊

WeEarth January 10th

@sadcat13

Thank you cat πŸ’–Β  I was just waiting for a prompt πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰

WeEarth January 10th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I am thrilled to be a part of the peer appreciation team! Every time I create a post, I put in my best effort to make it meaningful and beautiful. Creating special posts may take time, but I genuinely enjoy the time. It's my pleasure to be an appreciator and a smile spreader. I hope my posts bring satisfaction to both the appreciators and the receivers. The entire PAT & appreciators' support means the world to me as I continue to contribute and create a positive atmosphere within our community. Thank you for the opportunity to make a difference! πŸ’–

Special thanks to @sadcat13Β @FristoΒ @Bubbles2025Β @SunisshiningandsoareyouΒ @Kristynsmama @heathermarie95 & entire team πŸ’œ

sadcat13 January 10th

@WeEarthΒ πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–

sadcat13 January 11th

Wohooooo, time to use this gem of a thread

πŸ’›Β Yay you just made an awesome post. How do you feel about it?

IΒ΄m feeling great. I love how the appreciation turned out. I went with a donut and sweets theme and i think it turned out so cute.

πŸ’›Β A lot of times we only see the beautiful result, but there goes a lot behind the scenes and we all know it's sometimes not breezy lol. This is your space to share if you encountered any difficulties while making your post, be it something technical also.

Had a bit of a hard time finding the right look, and experimented with more types of pastry until i found the correct combination. It took a little, but I love being challanged and try new things. As I made a lot of photo based appreciations during the Christmas season, I felt like switching it up and do something more element collage based for thisone.

πŸ’›Β Share any ways your team mates can support you or in your role currently?

Just stay your amazing selvesΒ πŸ₯°

πŸ’›Β What is your favorite part about the post you just made or being a smile spreader in general?

Loving the sweetness of the post and the way I managed to place the donuts to make them a key element. About the role in general, I like the challange and the different types of appreciations i get to do 🌻

πŸ’•