Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mindfully Managing Emotions Cheat Sheet

EmunahHere October 4th, 2017

So, I found a really great article by Dr. Lara Fielding, a licensed Clinical Psychologist specializing in the Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapies. She created an Emotion Regulation Cheat Sheet for dealing with our emotions in a non-reactive and non-judgmental way. I found this cheat sheet very helpful, so I wanted to share it with you here. I would copy and paste the cheat sheet within the article, but that may violate a copyright law, so please check it out by clicking on the above underlined blue text or this link: http://tinyurl.com/y84n2pnq heart

@awesomerainbow @adocker @adventurousfan @Ady23 @AutumnLeigh @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @adaptiveLight27 @aifos1976 @agreeablekite4304 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @billywilson @BlueberryFriend @blueocean45 @borderinline @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @callforhelp @char1otte @CrissiArabela @Claito @calmHero86 @courtmarievibes @compassion4you14 @DarkCoffee @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmunahHere @EastAfrique @Eccho@Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @Gaara @GhostInTheShellx @Gozzil @happydandan @helpfulHuman4993 @helping2findaway @Harleemoon @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @joyoussun45 @kindsoul10 @kristenPLPCCRC @kirtokun0731@kevan @Kodachrome73 Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @KatMae @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @melliotm @Mikey123 @Musicismyfriend @NoDramaBabyLlama @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @oxfordshiregatsby @passionatepeyton @Pat @peacefulwarrior10 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkMallow @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @politeskies6536 @rachelq @resilience @rumplesteeleskin @rosesway @Rcusick12 @sailorelix @saif1for1 @Saltydog68 @ Samar27 @santysan @sensitiveShade5337 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @smileyPower @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @sujaypai @SunFern @SunFlower @sweetmango91 @summertimesamness @stillLavender24 @tazcares @tjb28 @tisjme @unicornbunny @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yogibear10 @yzxil @zeraphim

yzzil October 4th, 2017

@EmunahHere. Thanks for this article. I sent it to myself so I can read and reread. 😊

ASilentObserver October 4th, 2017

@EmunahHere Lovely post Emunah. I appreciate you for sharing this with us. :)

October 4th, 2017

@EmunahHere

Awesome post, found that really helpful!

RumpleSteeleSkin October 4th, 2017

@EmunahHere

Emunah hi-thank you so much for coming accross this and sharing with us. I think Im going to make an area for Mindfulness Recource Links Only hmmmmmmsmiley

melliotm October 4th, 2017

@singercrystalspirit

singercrystalspirit October 4th, 2017

@melliotm

Hugs that you thought of me 😊😁

I'm worried though.... doesn't needing emotional regulation help mean that there's something really wrong with you and that you are scary and that people are scared of you and don't like you and that you're an undesirable human? It's not something that people seem to talk about unless they're in therapeutic circles πŸ˜• And if you're in therapy it means there's something wrong with you πŸ˜• At least if you're like me and have been in and out of it for 15 years.

Those are all my worries anyway and they're very hard to shake.

EmunahHere OP October 4th, 2017

@singercrystalspirit

Hey, there! Thank you for asking your question. I just wanted to reach out and let you know that this emotional regulation exercise is for everyone heart

The article addresses that "it is not easy to regulate our emotional reactions to stress, in a healthy and balanced way. Humans are hardwired to fall into auto-pilot habits of coping with stress, which can fuel anxiety and moodiness." We are all predisposed to having errors in our thinking, both people who see a therapist and those who don't, so this exercise is helpful for all individuals. Having thinking errors or needing to practice emotional regulation in no way makes us undesirable or wrong. We all have them, and we all need practice.

I hope that this can ease some of your worries. heart

EmunahHere OP October 4th, 2017

@wizeakre

You are exactly right. People who receive therapy are no different from anyone else. There is an unfortunate stigma around therapy that can make people believe the opposite. I have benefited from therapy. There's no shame in asking an expert or others for help heart

calmSoul60 October 4th, 2017

@EmunahHere

Lovely post, thank you for sharing. This is really helpful 😊

soulsings October 4th, 2017

@EmunahHere yes great article that points out my favorite word: Practice. Without practicing what we learn we risk becoming parrots of the words with no action. There are a lot of good ideas on the cheat sheet but probably they need to be tried and see how they work. Thanks again for sharing.

amiablePeace77 October 5th, 2017

@EmunahHere

hi Emunah, thanks for the article, i just had a quick look, seems to be very interesting so i will read it thoroughly tomorrow when i am fresh, too late now. thanks again.