Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcement!! New Criteria to join group support rooms going live!

ASilentObserver January 9th, 2020

*Attention 7Cuppers*

As you all probably read my earlier post on the criteria changes to join group support rooms! Today, we will be going live at 3 pm ET.

On Jan 09, 2020 (Thursday) at 3 pm ET, new criteria to join rooms will be launched.

I hope many of you able to join the Group Support Rooms. If some unable to, please read the criteria to join rooms here and take the actions to complete the tasks and earn the badges to unlock the rooms.

Also, I request the community to ensure a compassionate and respectful environment and participation. It is a trial phase and after two weeks, we will be following up to make necessary changes to keep our Group Support Rooms safe and moderated for all. So, make efforts to keep the rooms safer and respectful for everyone.

Thank you all for the good teamwork.

Edit-

2. Also, we launched the Text Description to explain what you need to unlock rooms. It is only supported in Web Browser right now and not applicable for 7 Cups App.

Here is how it works when you log in through browser - When you log in to your account and in case you unable to join Group Support, you will see something like this -

68c11333c797cdf3fbf483fc740bfe40.png

And, when you click on it, it will show you the information on what you need to do to get rooms unlocked-

ddbfcb92d484a558d3fc031531fa36b1.png

We introduced this feature for both member and listener accounts!

Read the first post here!

Reaper111975 January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver thanks for the update kinda still trying to figure out how to navigate the site/app was wondering how to see what badges you already have any help would be greatly appreciated

Karrot January 9th, 2020

@Reaper111975 - On the website you can see your badges in your profile. Like hitting your profile photo and the dropdown to my profile and it has a list of badges something helpful I found to check is using the command +F or on non Macs using ctrl + F and searching in the name in the find feature.

@Karrot just curious some badges listed have yello dots by them and others have pink ones is this because some are recently earned?

AffyAvo January 10th, 2020

@Reaper111975 They are actually bronze, silver, gold, diamond and platinum.

There are different levels of growth points awarded for each badge ranging from 10 to 50 and compassion hearts are 1 to 5. I think it is pretty hard to figure out which is which unless looking at badges in a series which helps make it a bit easier to order them.

Reaper111975 January 10th, 2020

@AffyAvo thank you that makes sense that's the color they showed up on my phone. Thanks again for the explanation

ASilentObserver OP January 9th, 2020

@Reaper111975 Reaper, in case you will unable to access rooms, an info dialog will appear when you click GS rooms list to let you know what you all need to get inside the room. Whether on site or app! Though if you find any trouble, let me know and we will figure it together

@ASilentObserver thank you for your time and help I will let you know if I still have problems

frankPlum1613 January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver are the mcr and support room still here

AffyAvo January 10th, 2020

@frankPlum1613 Yes, I have access. You should be able to see them as you have the correct badges.

ASilentObserver OP January 10th, 2020

@frankPlum1613 yes plum, I believe you able to access them

Karrot January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for this update

@Karrot thank you KC for supporting and all good help in the rooms.

Karrot January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver - No worries at all ASO glad to do it

Fantacy January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you!

@JoshMain thank you josh for all the good support

Fantacy January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

No problem :)

CaringBrit January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver so just to double check support key will no longer be needed right for disability lgbtq or trauma for access just the 3 badges listed for members and listeners

@CaringBrit correct Brit

CaringBrit January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver thanks i will in that case update disabilities subcom since im able to as FM

Listeningsarinn January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver thanks for the update and for all the hardwork obs *-*

would someone share seven cups time zones changing link please "-"

Karrot January 9th, 2020
Listeningsarinn January 9th, 2020

@Karrot yep, that's it *-* thanks karrot wink

Thank you all for supporting and helping each other. We will keep progressing!

Tyedyedbutterfly65 January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Thanks so much for the Update so many have been asking about this out in the Member rooms and Listener rooms.. !! I hope this helps out and gets people back into the rooms.. smiley

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 thank you Tye

Pinkie00 January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver I am still not able to get access to the dsiabilty room ? what is that I am doing wrong..

I am not really sure what else I need to do.

@Tulipdancer Something went the wrong Tulip. We informed the technical team and they are on it. So I hope you all will be able to join these rooms today. thank you for letting us know

Pinkie00 January 10th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Still not seeing them :( I have left revieews for Listerners I have done the oath ..etc.. and still no rooms..

OpenWindow January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for trying to keep improving the group chats and making them safer, yet accessible places.

However, I am frankly a little disappointed with the process of change. Today I was locked out of the group chats, which are my main form of support on this site (and honestly, in general). I had to take the member oath before I could join. This is the second time within a shorter time span I am locked out due to changes. I appreciate the changes were explained yesterday, yet only after the changes were made did I see they were already put into practice today. I also was not properly informed I would be locked out and could not join until taking the Member Oath. Additionally, the member oath felt very foreign to me and it's a concept I do not fully understand and was very confused by.

I would have loved a standard oath in the main post, and an invitation to think of one of your own, or a bit more explanation on what an oath is. Another solution I would love to see is to give more time between announcements and changes. Especially with group chats, since this would be my main source to ask questions about how the newest changes work.

If you take the time to read this and take it into consideration, I would like to thank you for it.

cloudySummer January 10th, 2020

I agree about the standard oath - the post sounds as if there were one, so it was confusing that there wasn't one. Could that be edited for more clarity?

Either telling people to make up their own, or to use 'the following words: ...'?

caringPanda45 January 10th, 2020

@OpenWindow I didn't see either announcemtn either until after as I can't always check notifications daily. A week's notice might help people see it before it comes into effect. Just my opinion.

I am now trying to do Open Chat while helping members in PM work out how to join the rooms.

OpenWindow January 10th, 2020

@caringPanda45 Those ideas sound great and very helpful :)! I suppose I'd love to see the member oath gone, it is a little too much in my opinion, and then to have the rest perhaps stay the same for consistency.

@caringPanda45 and Summer thank you for the help, but we also introduced features on the group support page that will help you know what all badges or tasks you need to do to get in the room. So I hope it could help the community at large to complete the tasks and earn badges to get into rooms.

Thank you for your thoughts and help

@OpenWindow We agree with you Open on the Oath format. And, the good thing is we are working on bringing a consistent format of the oath so it clears everyone why they taking this.

Also, I am sorry for the inconvenience but I made the post about changes earlier here- https://www.7cups.com/forum/GroupSupport_168/ObsDesk_2008/AnnouncementEasytoJoinGroupSupportRoomsNOW_215387/1/

While this thread was just to inform you all that we launching the changes so things do not come out as shock. Though, I guess I could have been more clear with my statements. So, I will take care of it for all future updates. Thank you for helping me with this and being wonderful support in the rooms.

Members like you make our Group Support a great place to visit and stay.

OpenWindow January 11th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Thank you for your kind, considerate and thorough reply :).

Lifer January 10th, 2020

@OpenWindow

I agree with you 100%!!

I have no idea where this oath is located in order to take it.

@Lifer I checked your profile and you missing member oath in order to join rooms. here is the oath thread- https://www.7cups.com/forum/NewbieHub_27/7CupsofTeaMissionCoreValues_207/MemberOathAllEncouragedtoParticipate_7447/1/

Post your oath in the thread and you will earn the badge and rooms will get unlocked,

AriannaPink January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Im sorry I couldnt attend, but Im proud to announce that I have all the badges required to enter these rooms on both this account, and my member account so as of right now I am all set!!! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΌ...

- @AriannaPink (Arianna)

@AriannaPink glad to hear Arianna..

AriannaPink January 11th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you Obs!!! πŸ’—...

- @AriannaPink (Arianna) πŸ’—...