Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Chatrooms: Discussion Banner Access!

ASilentObserver October 28th, 2020

This is to be informed that the privileges to set the discussion banner is updated. If you have one or more of these roles, you probably notice the discussion banner in the group chatrooms. The new additions whom privilege granted are:

• Sharing Circle Committed Host
  • Room Supporter
  • Discussion Leader
  • Chat Support

All roles who can access this feature are:

• Sharing Circle Committed Host
  • Room Supporter
  • Discussion Leader
  • Peer Support
  • Group Mod
  • Chatroom Mentor
  • Teen Star
  • Teen Chatroom Mentor
  • Support Session Leader
  • Chat Support

You would see a banner like this at the top of the chatroom:
ecd1acd00d0b0a0f09d4fd17e84b855e.png

To set a discussion banner, you would need to click to the "Start Discussion" button and it will open a pop-up window like this:

f9f3c61dae456c2483cac0fb6e770f78.png

• In the first field, you need to type the topic of the discussion you be hosting. "How to cope up with the anxiety", for example.
  • In the second field, if you are only one host, then you do not need to fill it. But, if you have a co-host for the session, then write their username in the box "Co-Leader"
  • And in the third field, you can select the time period of the session be running. There are 4 options: 15, 30, 45 & 60 minutes. Pick the one that is the right time for your session.
    • Sessions of 15 & 30 minutes are known as Pop-Up Discussions
    • Sessions of 45 & 60 minutes counted as support sessions or guided discussions.

Important Note: Use the banner only when you are leading a session. Else please not set it or misuse the feature. Misusing it will have consequences as per the Behavioral Rating System!

If you have any questions, please add your thoughts in the comments! Thank you!

blissart October 28th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

saw it in use in TL and found it very supportive for those entering the room for support . Great initiative yes

Suryansh October 28th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Hi There! This idea is amazing Obs. Now the Discussion Leaders, Sharing Circles Committed Hosts, Chat Supporters and Room Supporters could also set up the banner. This would be of great help to them. Thanks for this great change!

Irene006 October 28th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for making a post about this. It is really very helpful. I just got this superpower and i didn't know why or how

. Thanks

October 28th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Has an RS I love it!😁

PuggyBearJade October 28th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Saw a lot of confusion over this, now it makes sense why people suddenly had the ability to set the banner. For clarification, I am in the understanding that new discussion leaders on trial don't have this?

Suryansh October 28th, 2020

@PuggyBearJade

Hi There Jade. Since you are on a trial period, you may not be having the ability because you haven't received any host badge yet. Once you pass the trial period with consistency and hosting discussions, you will be awarded badge in 3 weeks or a month seeing your consistency and how have you hosted. Once you get the badge, you will be able to set up discussion banners. Hope this helps! You will get the ability only when you get Discussions Host or Sharing Circles Host badge or if you get other roles badge listed above. That's great to see your enthusiasm. Thanks for your interest!

fearlessWriter78 October 28th, 2020

Thank you for this update! I'm a little confused, however. I'm a regular/scheduled sharing circle co-host with para... however I am a member. Will I still have access to put the banner up?

pamharley003 May 4th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

As STL I can not in 35+ see the banner even after refreshing the page multiple times. Why can I do it in other rooms but the room I am a leader for?

kindLemonade May 25th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Hi there, I have just taken on the role of room supporter today. I'm having trouble seeing the "start discussion" and "setting banner" button.

Banjothebudgie June 3rd, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Why would a pop up discussion be used?