Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcement: Project Well Being (5 Days Workshop)

ASilentObserver February 11th, 2021

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well.

I am all excited to introduce a 5 Days Support Workshop for our members. We named this initiative, “Project Well Being”. It will happen once a month at a specific time in the Support Room 24/7.

The goal of the workshop is to understand and get better at managing our well being in the key areas collectively as a group.

Introduction of the Project Well Being!

The definition of well being is ‘the state of being happy, healthy, or comfortable’. Happiness, health, and comfort can all be interpreted in many different ways.

The fact that aspects of wellbeing such as physical activity and nutrition impact our health and happiness probably isn’t new information for you. However, many are unaware of how it impacts your mental and emotional well-being. High levels of well-being lead to being more satisfied and productive at what you do and being a better version of yourself.

Many are also unaware of the small well-being actions they can take and the many benefits that follow. This workshop isn’t going to turn you into a Tiger from a Cat or stop you from eating ice cream in winter but to highlight how you can realistically and sustainably integrate well being into your life.

The workshop will be over 5 days at a specific time where every day we will be covering one key topic to get better at managing our well being. The session will be divided into two parts - Information & Activity! Under information, the host will be sharing brief information about the topic and then share a small activity for all to do as a group in a turn-based setting!

The topics that will be covered under this workshop are:

Day 1(Mon): Making sense of mental health & promoting a safe culture

Day 2(Tue): Experiencing the waves of emotions

Day 3(Wed): Navigating change and uncertainty

Day 4(Thu): Resilience- recharge yourself

Day 5(Fri): The art of self-care and self-care for tough times

The room where the workshop will take place: Support Room 24/7

**If you cannot access the room yet, please check this post and ensure you have Chief Chat & Honest Voice badges (Members) & Listener Oath, First Chat & Loyal Friend badges (Listeners)

Schedule for the first month!

• In the week of Feb 15, sessions will happen on Monday to Friday at 12.00 AM Eastern time!
  • In the week of Feb 22, sessions will happen on Monday to Friday at 9.00 AM Eastern time!

Information about Workshop Hosting!

As it is a workshop of 5 days, we invite both members and listeners to apply to be the Host! For hosting one of these sessions, you will receive 100 Cheers per session! The criteria to become a host is:

• If you a LISTENER, you should have the following badges:
  • If you are a MEMBER, you should have the following badges:
  • Application to become a host: Click here to apply!

I hope all find this workshop helpful and I look forward to working together to make our and others' lives better. Let’s take one step towards well being!

All comments and thoughts are welcome in the comments. We will iterate the workshop as we all learn together how to make it better for us.

Annie Spratt at Unsplash

Image Credits: Annie Spratt at Unsplash!

IntellectuallySound February 11th, 2021

This sounds like a fantastic concept!

LovetoGod February 11th, 2021

Seems interesting 🥰

Listeningsarinn February 11th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

this sounds really great! Tho just a partially stupid question XD, does 12 am mean, midnight or noon??

Kieran000 February 11th, 2021

@Listeningsarinn

12am = Midnight

12pm = Noon

So it's midnight (Google says) :)

Listeningsarinn February 11th, 2021

@kieran000

yay! Thanks kieran :p I guess I'll never learn that lol

Kieran000 February 11th, 2021

@Listeningsarinn

Hehe no problem, I'm sure many people get confused about that. 😯😯

FrozenGhost February 13th, 2021

Should use the 24hour clock to elinimate that confusion 1200 (noon) 2400 (midnight)

azuladragon34 February 11th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Can't wait. I already applied to host at 12am et.

generouswings February 11th, 2021

That’s wonderful. Looking forward to becoming a part of it :)

11820Read February 11th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Sounds interesting. I'd like to ask some questions, please.

1) Is the contect of both weeks exactly the same or would it be slightly (or greatly) different?

2) How would this work in a chat? I mean, I thought "workshop" would be like lectures and practices, but being held in a chat room makes it sound like... well, chatting with one says A, and then another replies B, still another answers with C.

3) If a member/listener misses a day of the workshop and would like to catch up, how can they do this easily? That is to say, not manually scrolling a bunch of chats like how it is traditionally often done. Like, are there any keywords we can type in and a search feature?

4) Is there any extra requirement to join the workshop? For instance, "attend all or not at all", "you can't just show up once", "be on time", "join at least 3 of them", etc.

5) How long would each session be, approximately?

I think that's all for now, and thanks in advance!

AffyAvo February 12th, 2021

@11820Read Good questions!

11820Read February 12th, 2021

@AffyAvo

Thank you. smiley

niceHuman7762 February 11th, 2021

I dont know ow if I have the newbie badge, but I'd like to join.

AffyAvo February 12th, 2021

Sound like a good idea and I would like to learn more, there are some questions asked earlier which I'm interested in seeing the answers to.

hippylonglegs February 12th, 2021

Yayyy I'm so exciteddd

starryskies108 February 12th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Great initiative!

blueKitten5708 February 12th, 2021

This sounds fantastic but are they’re run live? Can you only participate at the set times? I’m about 18 hours ahead of standard eastern time

11820Read February 14th, 2021

@blueKitten5708

Good question! I'm wondering about this, too!

Subtendedpage February 13th, 2021

I look forward to this after getting a couple new badges. Thankyou!

Onlyonefollower February 15th, 2021

Just applied :)