Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Helping Others (Self Esteem Challenge)

CheeryMango August 9th, 2021

Hello everyone!

Welcome to Day 6 of our Self-Esteem Icebreakers in celebration of the 30 Day Self-Esteem Challenge across the community.

Today's theme is "Helping Others".

How does it feel when you help someone?

Click
HERE to look out for more Self Esteem Challenge Icebreakers
Click HERE to find the Self-Esteem group support sessions schedule for the month

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 9th, 2021
It is one rewarding feeling to be able to help someone, even more rewarding when they actually feel supported ! " one person can't support everyone , but everyone can support one person atleast and that should count for something in the Universe' s tally " . I feel good when I help someone, but I truly believe the best kind of good deeds are when you don't expect anything in return and do it simply because you want to help someone ~ being kind ofcourse is always the "Cool" ~ so long the heart knows you did good genuinely ~ it feels great ! ❤

Thankyou for the ice-breaker, @CheeryMango ! How about you ?
faithlove1111 August 11th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou, well said indeed. You do not expect returns or get kick backs from the good deed of helping others. Helping others comes from our consiousness and awareness of others.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 11th, 2021

Aw glad you agree @faithlove1111 and yes ofcourse , thankyou for your reply ! Much appreciated ❤

lyricalAngel70 August 21st, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
I loved your answer, thank you for sharing.
It is true that helping someone selflessly is like feeding your own soul unknowingly. heart

SeriouslyLey123 August 9th, 2021

@CheeryMango
It honestly makes me super happy, I'm the kinda person who helps those to make myself feel good. So when others are happy, I'm happy.

EveryMindMatters August 9th, 2021

Hi everyone! Great question again. When I help someone it makes my day feel a little brighter and makes me smile a little wider. Something little to me could mean a lot to someone else, like holding a door open for someone could make the other persons day. Today I was helping an elderly relative of mine and I love how appreciative he was, it has really made my day. What did everyone else do today to help someone ? ❤️

@EveryMindMatters, So proud of you for taking time to help your relative.

Clio9876 August 9th, 2021

To be able to help someone is to be needed. It makes me feel wanted and having a purpose.

@Clio9876, It feels good to be part of a helpful and sharing community.

mytwistedsoul August 9th, 2021

I enjoy helping others. It makes me feel good to know that I may have helped make their day alittle easier. If they felt alone - maybe it helped them to know they were in someone's thoughts. Or if they needed someone to talk to - I can offer to listen. There's an older couple that lives closest to the house that we've been helping more then we used to - that really feels nice because they aren't as physically able to do alot of the things they used to

@mytwistedsoul

Storyhymns1234 August 9th, 2021

I feel empowered, happy and supported.

HeartstoHeaven August 9th, 2021

Treating wounds of others with compassion and helping them is the best feeling in the world !!heart

D7cups August 9th, 2021

Its heaven to make others smile by helping them. heart

LovetoGod August 9th, 2021

@CheeryMango
It feels really so good after helping someone. It gives me pleasure. Listening to someone and helping them in their hard times is really kind work. And I appreciate every listener here who do that. Sometimes, after listening someone's problems and their experience gives me motivation and inspiration that there are so many people on the same path. Moreover, when we get positive reviews, it feels like blessing and it makes me feel so happy ❤✨

@LovetoGod, Thank you for your motivating and kind words. Thank you to you too for being there for us.

LovetoGod August 11th, 2021

@faithlove1111
Awww welcome ❤

Star996 August 9th, 2021

@CheeryMango

It feels magical! I love the feeling I get when somebody tells me I have helped them a lot! It's a sense of thankfulness at the same time. Like, thanking ourselves for helping others, kinda, hehe. I love helping others a lot. Helping others is something really close to my heart. We never know what someone is going through, so I never stop helping. Yes, this did take a toll on me, haha. I am working towards the path of self care now, but I still haven't stopped helping people. I only help people when I can, and I make sure to give it my best. Helping others is really awesome! A bit of help can be a huge blessing to someone!

August 9th, 2021

@Star996

have others here now...can not think of good words to you, but, feel heart

Star996 August 9th, 2021

@Amelia2324

Thank you, Amelia! That was really sweet! Glad you understand me in a unique way! wink

SoulPitstop August 9th, 2021

Never expect anything or feel proud or feel anything for helping someone. You are just helping ppl who are in need of help. Just remember, forget what you did as help.

11820Read August 9th, 2021

It feels good and rewarding.

PeaceLoveandPaws August 9th, 2021

@CheeryMango

When I help someone, it makes me feel good knowing I could do something to brighten someone's day or lift their spirits.

Torean August 9th, 2021

@CheeryMango

...Two days ago I helped a friend out of an abusive situation that was quickly looking like a life or death issue. I was literally messaging her for hours while I was taking a long walk in the heat, so that I wasn't sitting at home letting my anger at her abuser consume me. I was talking to her about exactly who she needed to talk to, what she needed to do, and arranging exactly how I would provide a safe place for her to stay if needed, all the while consoling and reassuring her. I stepped outside of myself at one point and realized just how serious I was, and just how much I didn't want to lose her, and how I wanted to truly do the right thing for once, and I actually started sobbing a bit out where anyone could see. When I made it back home, I was physically and emotionally exhausted. As badly as I wanted a shower and relaxment, I kept talking her through it, and didn't let myself rest until it was done, trying to practice Kendo in the meantime. She actually got things resolved as much as we immediately could. Anyway, that's the first time I've gone that far to help someone, and I think that I'm most proud that I helped her help herself. Helping can be a lot of things on the spectrum, from sheer obligation or courtesy, to something like this. In the case of something like this... It feels like realizing where you stand, the refusal of staying in helplessness, and kinda feels like growing up too fast, or learning to swim, or levelling up several times in a row. And, if only for a short time, I sort of felt at peace with myself.

RavenObscure August 9th, 2021

Honestly for me I feel such love and hope when I help others, especially knowing that they feel comfortable talking to me. I’ll always try my hardest to be there for anyone. When I’m feeling low sometimes just knowing I’m helping someone else over come their hurdles in turn helps myself.

August 9th, 2021

@CheeryMango

there does not seem to be a question(s), so we will wing it

want to help others so they can help themselves better. wish it were more free on here to say somethings that could be more constructive and productive. in life, we always try to help others and also to help them so they can help themselves too. bye bye

Olivia210 August 9th, 2021

Love this question 🦋🌟

when I help others, it builds my confidence & allows me to feel joyful ❤️

@andrewF27

AndrewF27 August 9th, 2021

When helping others it brings so much love and makes me feel so good inside knowing that no matter what the person may be going through I made a positive impact on their day ❤️ @Olivia210

Olivia210 August 9th, 2021

@AndrewF27
that is awesome Andrew ❤️ You are an incredible friend

Adeline12345 August 9th, 2021

@CheeryMango

It's the best feeling ever. Nothing beats the smile on their faces : )

sia1325 August 9th, 2021

It truly feels amazing when I know that I've helped someone. It gives a genuine smile on my face and I truly feel good. Helping someone according to me is just the little act of kindness we can do for someone and make them feel valued and care for. And apart from it, it also encourages me to help more people and maybe also the other person; whom I helped, to help someone else! It's overall a wonderful feeling. It's just the spectacular feeling. (:

VioletSpringGlade August 9th, 2021

Fulfilment, joy, love, excitement, it depends on the situation. Sometimes I feel regret, resentment, self-criticism if I help someone when I wasn't feeling up to it. Helping others is important and a natural part of life and connection with others, but boundaries are important also and it is good to know when to say 'no'.

faron August 10th, 2021
It makes me feel happy and gives me purpose. I especially enjoy helping people learn, like when I tutor or help my sister with cello :D
diligentFarm4007 August 10th, 2021

@CheeryMango It feels good while helping someone. :) I helped my mom get groceries for the day early in the morning today.

mobteru August 10th, 2021

helping someone and being there for others can cause some messy emotions to rise in me. i love making people happy, and i care deeply for the people in my life, but sometimes it can feel overwhelming and upsetting when people come to me really often. people have used me before in the past and caused significant damage on me in the process where intaking people's problems and emotions can be really difficult and daunting and scary to me. i'm learning to be more vulnerable though with the people i trust and letting them talk to me or let me help them because i know they care about me and wouldn't want me to overextend myself and i can communicate my needs and be met with respect. though this is still in the trials though, i know not go keep anybody who doesn't show me that respect

helpfulCucumber6276 August 10th, 2021

It feels good to help others

helpfulCucumber6276 August 10th, 2021

Its nice knowing i helped someone

@CheeryMango, It feels good . This immense warmness you feel from the act of helping is profound indeed.

cheerfulIceCream August 11th, 2021
It feels really warm in my heart to know that I helped someone. Just makes me feel like I'm succeeding in fulfilling the purpose of my life!
positivePumpkin22 August 11th, 2021

@CheeryMango

How does it feel when you help someone?

It feels incredibly good when I help someone