Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Pervasive Developmental Disorder: Interview with @Goalsforlife

wonderfulRainbow817 June 23rd, 2022

Welcome to the inclusivity diaries where we interview people who have disabilities and conditions, raising awareness within the 7Cups community. In honor of Autism Pride Day (June 18th) that we missed, I had the pleasure of interviewing a listener named @Goalsforlife. Thank you Goals for taking the time and sharing about PPD with us!

Q: Welcome Goals. You and I have gotten to interact with each other the last few weeks and your growth as a listener has been remarkable! To break the ice a bit, what has been your most favorite part of being a listener?

Answer: I think helping people out and learning new skills. It gives me a place that I can do things without people telling me I can not do things.

Q: Today we’re talking about your conditions you’d like to raise awareness, because obviously when we’re online, we can’t see what you go through on a regular basis so I would love to get to know you better. Why don’t you start with letting us know what disabilities or conditions you have?

Answer: Pervasive Developmental Disorder, developmental delays, learning problems, social issues are too hard for me to interact with new people ,Heat and loud noises sensitive and me getting Overwhelmed and Overstimulated easily . sometimes it takes me longer to understand. I never sneezed in my life so that is special about me.

Q: You mentioned you have PDD, in your own words for those who have never heard of it before, what is it?

Answer: Pdd is now part of autism so I guess I can say high functioning autism.

Q: How did you find out you had PDD, was it something you always had or did you find this out later in life?

Answer: I was missing milestones and when I was 2 my dr kind of had tests done. I think that's how I got it.

Q: Is there any treatment or therapy for PDD?

Answer: My parents put in services starting when I was 2 but I do not remember them. I was put in a special preschool. When I started school I was in special ed with ot , sp and easier pe classes. When I started 6 And up I had an aide with less school work, not taking extra time on tests. I was all so in swim class , special olympics , best buddies, ebuddies and A place helps me get what I need as a grown up.

Q: Is there anything else you would like others to learn about PDD?

Answer: I learned that even if you have a disability you can overcome things . Also spreading the word about it is also important. I am like anyone else but I will let you know if I need help.

If you are interested in participating in this series, please fill out this form. We’re all about wanting to raise awareness with the 7Cups community and if you feel happy educating us, we’d love to hear from you! You can also use the link above to apply to be an interviewer, we would appreciate you helping us out!

Tagging:

@777Bre777 @adaptablePomegranate1587 @adequatelyInadequate @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @amusingTalker1267 @Aqua1494 @Arsalanahmed @Ashleylovescats @AttentiveEar @Averayne93 @Azalea98 @azuladragon34 @BeyondTheInvisible @BlindGrapefruit @bouncyVoice4149 @Breezy2013 @CaringBrit @CheeryPotato @CheerySandi @ChildGoddessFlute @Colorfulcatsofhope @considerateBunny7436 @considerateParadise6717 @Disneywoman @DoISayIt @DylanMark @Edobre399 @Emiliako @emotionalTalker2260 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @fairmindedWater1140 @Fireskye13 @FrenchMarbles @friendlyEars8792 @goldenSpruce1512 @IcedCoffee211109 @InfiniteThoughts2k19 @Jamesjones10123 @JoyfulUnicorn @JoyIntoDarkness @K87 @killaj0ule @kwheelz @lightTriangle7748 @LikeABirdWithoutWings @lovelySun2900 @LoveMyRotty @magnifiedfaith @ManinblacK @MistyMagic @mnhtx3 @modestOcean1286 @moosprbrk @MyNameIsNicole @NaomiR @NevaehRose @OneErased @pinkbunnywabbit @Pixiechu @placidMoth @PotFullOfSky2020 @rainbowVibes @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @redGrapes1822 @Redheadmadeofglitter94 @repen13 @sabeyesofblue3535 @SmolBurrahobbit12 @specialPurple1582 @StarsOrchidsOwls @sunshinegiraffe123 @TimidBear @turquoiseHemlock900 @u2canwin @wahmbrenda @WeedyGarden @wonderfulRainbow817 @xandia @Zed786

To be added/removed from the following taglist (for Interview Series), click HERE

June 23rd, 2022

@wonderfulRainbow817

thanks a lot mor this.

just tagging some people I thought should know more about me

@Bubblegumwings1234 @SparkyGizmo @WarmLightXO @PandaHelp000 @electricTouch2533 @NovaGalaxy @soulsings @caringPanda45 @amiablePeace77 @adventurousBranch3786 @amazingNutella24

if I think of more later I will add on

WarmLightXO June 23rd, 2022

Thanks for the tag!

Thank you for this interview @wonderfulrainbow817 😊

This was wonderful to read Goals, I really enjoyed learning from you and your message of hope and strength for others 💕 Thank you for taking the time and effort to give us a peek into your world and some education 😊 Appreciate you!

AffyAvo June 23rd, 2022

@Goalsforlife This was really awesome! I have heard of PDD but didn't really understand what it was all about. This explains it really well!

I did want to give a few abbreviations too, as not everyone may know what they are.

OT - Occupational Therapy

SP - Speech Pathologist (please correct if this is wrong, this is a bit of a guess)

PE class, physical education, other places may call it gym class.

adventurousBranch3786 June 23rd, 2022

@Goalsforlife. Thank you for tagging me and helping me (and others) to learn about PDD. I appreciate your hopeful message for those with disabilities ❤️.

PandaHelp000 June 23rd, 2022

@Goalsforlife

Thank you for tagging me, Goals! And thank you for sharing this part of your life with us.

I was actually unaware of PPD so I learned something today. ❤️

soulsings June 23rd, 2022

@Goalsforlife thanks for sharing about pdd. I am more aware of it not if I meet someone with it.

amiablePeace77 July 5th, 2022

@Goalsforlife

Thank you for having tagged me!

sunshinegiraffe123 July 28th, 2022

@Goalsforlife

Amazing, Goals.

theboymoana June 25th, 2022

@Goalsforlife

I just find out I have autism ! I am 13. Was diagnosed with intellectual disability adhd chromosomal syndrome and learning disabilities when I am really little but they don’t diagnose me with autism until I am 13. I don’t understand what it means or why get diagnose they just say I am level 3 autism with intellectual impairment with language impairment . They try explaining just confusing

July 12th, 2022

@wonderfulRainbow817

@amazingNutella24 @Bubblegumwings1234

hope this might get better understand me better

calmMango9611 May 31st

@wonderfulRainbow817 Thank you for posting and for interviewing Goals for this topic. They did a wonderful job opening up about their struggles in life, with their disability. It is not always easy to talk about struggling with a bunch of people, let alone strangers. I am glad that 7cups, has a community for its members who have disabilities. Thanks @GlenM for showing your support for those of us, who are disabled. Thanks for being open minded to having a community for us. Blessings to you, Sir.