Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Questions for Fristo

January 9th, 2022

Interviewer: @sia1325

Interviewee: @fristo

Sia: I have known Fristo as someone with a lot of wisdom and someone who holds a lot of kindness and compassion in their heart. They have been an inspiration for so many people on 7 cups and it's always a pleasure to see them around or to talk to them in PMs!

1. You have been on 7 Cups for a really long time. That’s definitely a lot of commitment! How would you describe your journey so far?

I started as a listener on 7cups, the very first night I had stumbled upon this website. I’ve loved to be able to care in the chats that went well. Some of the chats just felt very beautiful both to the member and to me. Those are the times when my stay on 7cups feels sacred. And those times made me keep coming back to the website. In about the last 6 months, I started to venture into leadership roles, and eventually came to introduce and lead new initiatives. This has been challenging, and to be honest, challenged my inner poise too. I enjoy doing things autonomously, I am not much of a leader, although, I am a good facilitator I believe. I can encourage and inspire leadership qualities out of others, and that is the part I’ve enjoyed.

1. As a listener and a leader, what has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

When I see my 7cups peers emerging as leaders, through their interactions and involvement with me, I see those as big accomplishments. I see everyone as my equal, and if I have something someone might be lacking, I try to lift them up to my level, and in the process, get lifted too.

1. What are some things you wish you knew in your newbie days as a listener and as a leader?

I think the right things happened at the right times; it’s been a perfect timing of everything that happened in my 7cups journey, including the things I did well, the things I blundered, the mistakes and the learning that happened. I won’t change a minute of the journey so far, and am curious to witness the journey to follow.

1. What suggestions would you make to a new leader?

One step at a time. As long as your direction is good, learning will happen for you and your efforts would go a long way in bringing you and to those you serve, a lot of delight and satisfaction.

1. In your opinion, what are some of the most important qualities of a leader?

Kindness, forgiveness, compassion, selflessness, love. If you keep these qualities intact in you regardless of how things are around you, and if you keep coming back to these very qualities/values each time you lose your way, you can’t go wrong and can only contribute good.

1. What motivates you to be a leader?

To lead by example, and inspire leadership in everyone I get involved with. I love to see and push the good in the other.

1. What is the one quote that always inspires you?

“A little is a lot, when the direction is good.”

This interview is part of the Living with Leaders Interview Series. Learn about the series here

Are you a verified listener and would like to interview a leader? Choose a leader and submit questions for them through this form.

Lighthouse10 January 9th, 2022

Very inspiring, it was nice to read about your journey Fristo!

HealingTalk January 9th, 2022

Thank you for this affirmation of core values and clear guidelines for advancing in our path as listeners, from a wise one, so intelligent to even master Sanskrit ! (Wow!)

GloriaD January 9th, 2022

@sia1325 - Thank you for the interview and the amazing questions you have asked, sia ✨

@Fristo - Very insightful, thank you for sharing your experiences and your views of life and listening journey 🌻

NovaGalaxy January 9th, 2022

@Fristo

😮 fristo = wise one. I always love hearing what you have to say fristo, and I have enjoyed reading your words very much and I feel inspired and honoured to know you ^-^

Helgafy January 9th, 2022

@Fristo

Excellent!

GoldenRuleJG January 9th, 2022

@Fristo We are proud of you ⭐️

conscientiousPeach2999 January 9th, 2022

@fristo 😊

January 9th, 2022
@sia1325 - Thank you so much for hosting this interview! Your questions are awesome, and they brought some really great responses! 💜

@Fristo - Wow, those were some great reflections! I love how you really emphasized you mission - to bring up future leaders and work with everyone as equals! That really resonated with me! Thank you for your responses, and these were so well thought out! 💕
Aqua7281 January 9th, 2022

It is always lovely to read Fristo's insights. :)

VaryingCloud January 10th, 2022

@Fristo

I loved the use of the word ‘facilitator’ there Fristo! Beautiful thoughts! Nice read! 💙

ouiCherie January 11th, 2022

@sia1325 wonderful interview ⭐⭐⭐

@Fristo Thumbs up and hugs!

I love this part a lot:

Kindness, forgiveness, compassion, selflessness, love. If you keep these qualities intact in you regardless of how things are around you, and if you keep coming back to these very qualities/values each time you lose your way, you can’t go wrong and can only contribute good. 🤍

Smilingfuture January 16th, 2022

@Fristo

Excellent perspective 👍

soulsings January 19th, 2022

@Fristo thanks for sharing your journey.