Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forum Restructuring Update: Community Pages Live Now!

CheeryMango September 30th, 2022

As some of you will know, we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to upgrade the look, feel, and structure of our forums. Recent changes from the last year have already doubled the amount of posts in the community! Next week another big change will roll out across the site.The upgrade next week is to improve the layout and design of each community page (e.g. anxiety support and 35+) and is only for the web browser platform. No threads or forums will be moved as part of this change. The big change is to make a community (e.g. 35+) feel like a single page rather than endless pages to search through.From a community home page you will be able to make a new post, comment on other posts, browse by topic, like posts and much more. To do this we have turned ‘sub forums’ into ‘topics’.

screenshot-2022-09-30-at-18-10_1664578154.54.png

We know that change is hard, particularly if you are experienced user of the community. The aim of these changes is to make the forum easier to use if you are new to the site. Helping as many people as possible better manage their mental health is our shared goal. And we hope that you can appreciate the work that is being done to make the forums easier to use for more people.

This update is now LIVE since Tuesday, October 4th. Lastly, we would like to thank our community leaders for their support and involvement in this ongoing process.

For feedback on this update or other forum functionality, please visit this thread

Stay tuned for updates on the creation of new communities in the coming weeks!

@theriverissinging @tami150 @bookworm274 @MistyMagic @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @SoulfullyAButterfly

Jenna October 1st, 2022

@CheeryMango

I'm all for change on most things. Some things can be challenging to accept at first, but things work out in the end. If they don't just try again. This new look looks user-friendly and pretty exciting. Doesn't seem like this will be a hard one to accept. Can't wait to try it out when it happens!

electricTouch2533 October 1st, 2022

@Jenna

I totally agree! I find the forum difficult to use. To me, it feels either unorganized and overwhelming (on the dashboard) or insular (the forum itself). To use the forum, right now, we are kind of required to know the structure beforehand and drill down to where we want to get. I really look forward to the changes! And I hope everyone who uses the forum more than me will appreciate them as well. 💜

MidwesternCalmSeeker October 1st, 2022

Thanks for posting the screen shot, as that was very informative as well. I'm excited for these changes and hope it encourages more users to use the forums in meaningful ways. Bravo for all the hard work that has gone into this project behind the scenes to improve the user experience here at 7 Cups.

MistyMagic October 1st, 2022

@CheeryMango I can't wait! It will be much cleaner and clearer and user-friendly too! Thanks to all the team that worked on this ⭐️

Listening - One Step At A Time!

kindSoul10 October 1st, 2022

Very nice.

What the forum would benefit of since that's really hard: faster response time for the search engine and not breaking links to forum posts when they get moved from forum A to forum B.

theriverissinging October 1st, 2022

@kindSoul10 I don't think the links get broken, even currently. They still function (previous/new links) even if posts are moved

Glen also mentioned here about a better effective search function!

@theriverissinging thanks for explaining. well I see broken links happening. So either threads explaining roles get deleted without updating the referers or they get moved around by duplicating the original thread and deleting the original after that.

MistyMagic October 2nd, 2022

@kindSoul10 Those threads (originally written by me) were removed a long time ago, and are nothing to do with the restructuring, now the information is given out differently to all mentors and teen stars only, and as far as I am aware they should not appear anywhere anymore unless you have found them somewhere new? If you have pm me and I will get it sorted!

Thanks for being so vigilant as broken links are frustrating for us all.

I see a minor problem:

Judging the screenshot the list of tags isn't sorted alphabetically. I think that's suboptimal. Tags should be sorted in alphabetical order to be easily used for selection. @7cupscommunity

theriverissinging October 1st, 2022

@kindSoul10 it's alphabetical, in the screenshot as well

I take it back, they look sorted alphabetically. 😹

HealingTalk October 1st, 2022

@CheeryMango

The "create a new thread" textbox at the top makes it very inviting to post. Encouraging members to post is top priority for us.

Seems more like a user-friendly dashboard, transparent, with all the kinds of content shown at the front. So easier to navigate and locate posts.

It looks fresh and pretty, which also encourages involvement (aesthetics also has its impact...)

Congratulations to you and your team!

HopefulBambi October 2nd, 2022

Thank you for the update.

magicalOcean594 October 3rd, 2022

@cherrymango

Will there be a training to give our forum supporter leaders????

HealingTalk October 3rd, 2022

@magicalOcean594

Hi Magic! Aside from any support and training we will get, I offer you to PM me at any time about doing things with this interface. I have used similar systems before, so I am familiar with them.

MistyMagic October 3rd, 2022

@magicalOcean594 We are continuously looking closely at the sub-community leadership roles and we will make any adjustments and improvements necessary after the restructuring is complete. Then, hopefully soon, a Refresher Guide will be made available to all forum leaders.

It's definitely an exciting time!

TreaureSeekers3 October 3rd, 2022

Did you say it’s only available on a desk top? I use my mobile a lot and wondering if can see the changes there. What about an iPad? When I went on it on my phone the layout looked different but don’t know if it was the same nee version.

SoulfullyAButterfly October 3rd, 2022

@TreaureSeekers3 Hi, if you use a browser even on your mobile/other device you will be able to see the update.

TreaureSeekers3 October 3rd, 2022

I like the new idea aswell on the forums and making the site and friendly more welcoming place. Giving it colour and creativity is good. It’s not just one dull page.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 4th, 2022

@TreaureSeekers3 yay for color and creativity! 🌈

mytwistedsoul October 3rd, 2022

Not to be a buzzkill but I have to admit I groaned oh no lol

HopieRemi October 4th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul Yeah me too i feel like I wont understand it til i can click and play around

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 4th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Aww haha definitely not alone, Soul. Change (of any kind) is hard and hectic, specially when we've become used-to something already (with a lot of patience and trying and more patience lol), and it gets to "round 2 people, get ready again"~ a groan is more than understandable hehe, I feel that too. *hugs* ❤

KimByeongIn October 4th, 2022

@CheeryMango

These are so beautiful. A big thank you to the entire team that's working so hard to improve the forums!!! Love and respect ❤️

AffyAvo October 4th, 2022

@CheeryMango Thanks I think you and the team did a great job of keeping benefits from the initial idea while minimizing losses of the good things we had before.

Some things left to be ironed out but way less of an issue compared to what I was initially concerned about!

SoulfullyAButterfly October 4th, 2022

@AffyAvo glad to hear that Affy - thanks for utilizing the feedback forum thread to share things too

Dogsaregreat44 October 7th, 2022

So the new way, not able to see when people comments on a post to a thread ? Not good with tech or Como stuff, I know it is most likely me messing things up.. thanks again for helping and making this place for people :) sorry for silly questions, just my silly head not quite understanding why can read posts on things I started - posted.. cheers ☕️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 2nd, 2022

Hey @Dogsaregreat44, no questions are silly, specially with anything new it is more than okay to feel confused and need some assistance to navigate around. Feel free to ask away!❤

RarelyCharlie November 2nd, 2022

@Dogsaregreat44 You can choose to see when people comment on a post to a thread.

Unfortunately, the way you do it is different in the app and in the website, and there is at least one bug affecting this in the website. Also it is different depending on whether you are posting to the thread yourself, or you are reading a thread made by someone else. If you need details, please let us know 1) are you using the app or the website, and 2) are you making your own thread or reading someone else's thread?

I don't think anyone knows why it has to be so complicated 🥴

Charlie